Based on the results of the tests, various treatments could be suggested by the fertility doctor -
- In-vitro fertilisation (IVF)-under this treatment ovulation induction medicine is used to produce multiple follicles in the egg. After retrieval of mature eggs, the eggs are mixed with the sperm of the father and kept for normal fertilization under laboratory observation. Once the embryo/s are formed, it is transplanted in the uterus to achieve pregnancy.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)- It is a procedure where the retrieved sperm is injected in the retrieved eggs directly to help achieve pregnancy.
- Donor egg IVF-if the mother has problems with her ovarian egg, a donor is used and eggs are retrieved from the donor and combined with the sperm of the father for development of the embryo. Once the embryo is formed, it is transplanted in the womb of the mother.
- Donor Sperm insemination- when the father has problems with his sperm mobility and quality, a donor is used. The retrieved sperm from the donor is washed to get the highest motile sperm and injected in the retrieved eggs of the mother. Once the embryo is formed, it is placed in the uterus for pregnancy to occur.
- Egg freezing- there are few couples who decide to freeze her ovarian eggs or embryos for future use.
- Surrogacy services- fertility doctors also arrange surrogacy services for childless couple where the mother is severely infertile and is incapable of giving birth. A surrogate woman is arranged in such cases, who is artificially inseminated by the father’s sperm.
- Weight management- Many a times weight management consultation is provided to the overweight or underweight mothers, to increase the chances of pregnancy.