Apart from care and consultation, Gynecologists perform various surgeries as well depending on the nature of the gynecological problem. Common surgeries/operations performed by a Gynaecologist are-
- Usual success rates of IUI are around 18% per cycle depending on the age, fertility reason and fertility drug usage. This is low compared to IVF from reputed IVF specialists.
- Risks of getting pregnant with multiple babies.
- Premature delivery and low baby weight can occur.
- Cramping, spotting; and in some cases severe bleeding can also be seen.
- If you have a history with Pelvic Infection Diseases -PID (Sexually transmitted PID, Subacute PID, Chronic PID), IUI can be dangerous.
- The fertility drugs prescribed for IUI can cause Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome with signs such as nausea, bloating, diarrhea and weight gain.
- Some of the common side effects of IUI can be observed as hot flashes, mood swings, anxiety, vision problems, breast tenderness and in extreme cases growth of ovarian cysts.