Benefits of Choosing Normal Delivery Hospitals in Srinagar
During pregnancy, a woman needs extensive care as there are a lot of complications that can occur during this period. Studies show, 85 percent of women go through natural birth and the rest 15 percent face complications, therefore, need medical intervention. Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar provide a lot of care and comfort to women during pregnancy and childbirth. From providing childbirth education classes to regular check-ups, normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar do all they can to avoid a possible C-section delivery. Through regular check-up, doctors of normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar understand a woman’s condition and treat her accordingly. Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar have the best obstetricians and pediatricians who put their entire skills and knowledge to make pregnancy delivery a worry-free experience.
Types of Delivery
In most of the cases, delivery or childbirth happens naturally through the vaginal route. However, in certain conditions or emergency situations, it may be done surgically via a cesarean section.
Normal delivery (Vaginal delivery)
Natural delivery or vaginal delivery is the most common and safest method of childbirth as it does not require any medical or surgical intervention. However, sometimes even during normal delivery, an obstetrician may use special instruments like forceps to guide the movement of the baby through the birth canal. At times, a suction cup is also used, to gently pull the baby out from the birth canal.
The process of Normal Delivery
Childbirth is an intense event linked with very strong emotions. The process of normal childbirth is put in three stages of labor:
- Dilation of the cervix
- Descent and birth of the infant, and
- Expel of placenta
It begins with labor in which strong contractile waves move the infant down the birth canal. Pain experienced during contractions is similar to very strong menstrual cramps. Contractions in labor are caused by the release of a compound oxytocin which is secreted during the later stages of pregnancy. The duration of labor depends on various factors, but normally the active phase of childbirth lasts for 8 hours for women giving birth to their first child and shorter for women who have already given birth. To encourage normal pregnancy, pregnant women are advised to take good rest, sufficient nutrition and remain active during the entire duration of pregnancy. Normal delivery is the most recommended natural process of childbirth as there is little or no risk to the health of the mother and child. Moreover, it helps the mother to recover quickly after childbirth.
Preparing for Labor
Labour and childbirth can often turn into an exhausting event. To help women go through the natural delivery process, normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar clearly advice patients to build up stamina and stay physically fit. Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar recommend gentle exercises like yoga, walking or swimming to tone the right muscles for delivery which greatly increase the chances of a normal vaginal birth. Too much work and exercise can also be damaging, therefore, the woman must perform as suggested by the obstetrician or trainer.
- Walking: Walking half an hour a day is the easiest exercise a pregnant woman can perform. Walking helps to tones the right muscles and also keeps the baby in good positioning for a normal delivery. A brisk walk is something doctors recommend to do until delivery, as long as there is no risk in developing pregnancy complications. Women who are not in the habit of exercising daily also find this exercise effortless and beneficial.
- Workouts: Extreme workouts are to be avoided during pregnancy. Women who are into workouts can continue with the same exercise but in a gentler way. Pregnant women can walk on the treadmill instead of running and can use lighter weights instead. If you are visiting your gym during pregnancy, make sure your trainer has experience working with pregnant women. Women should remember these gentle workouts are for general fitness rather than to gain muscles or lose weight.
- Swimming: This exercise is usually practiced during the summer days when the water temperature is mildly warm. Swimming can help to strengthen the muscles and keep it toned, without putting any stress on the child. In the pool, the body feels light; therefore it can be another great way to build up strength and stamina for normal delivery.
- Yoga and Stretching: Yoga can strengthen your pelvic area, the very muscles that a woman requires to push the baby out. Squats and stretches are the usual exercises women can perform during pregnancy. However, some of the yoga moves should be avoided if the woman has incurred a stitch in the mouth of her uterus. A qualified yoga trainer, who has experience, can guide best during pregnancy.
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy during pregnancy is very important for normal vaginal delivery. Too much weight gain can also hinder normal delivery; therefore, foods that are high in nutrients and low on calories are particularly recommended. Eating fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, and milk can help reserve the right minerals and vitamins, which can help during childbirth and also help women recover from the exertion experienced during labor and delivery.
Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar recommend pregnant women to avoid any food that can diversely impact the condition of the cervix. During the last phase of pregnancy, women can eat pineapple and mangoes as they are known to stimulate labor and soften the cervix. Raspberries and even raspberry leaf tea are also known to be good during pregnancy. Once you are in labor, remember to consume light healthy snacks and try to maintain your stamina throughout the process of delivery.
Approach to Labor
Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar motivate and encourage patients to take necessary steps for a natural delivery. Women who eat healthy food and are physically fit are perfect candidates for normal delivery. Still, a woman has to go through a lot of pain during labor; therefore, apart from preparing for normal delivery, women should find techniques to cope with the pain.
The right positions during labor can help relieve pain as well as speed up the delivery. Get familiar with these positions by taking birthing classes or by discussing with a doctor. Most of the obstetricians, suggest standing up once labor begins as it helps to move the baby to a correct position.
Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar have doctors that encourage and train pregnant women on breathing exercises that can help a lot during labor and contractions. Encouragement and comfort from the birth partner/ doula can also help in dealing with pain. Sometimes, massages and hot & cold compresses are also given for comfort.
The most important thing to do is to try the best and be mentally prepared for the experience. Every woman going through childbirth needs to bring the body and mind together and produce strategies that can help to have a safe and normal vaginal delivery.
Benefits of a Normal Delivery
If you've decided to try for a normal delivery, there is a lot to look forward to but in the end, there are always benefits for both you and baby in having a normal delivery.
As a woman uses her own body and instincts instead of medical intervention, natural birth methods always offer a feeling of empowerment. Here are a few other benefits to consider:
- Reduces Risk of Respiratory Problems: When a baby comes out through the vaginal opening, the amniotic fluid passes out easily from the baby's lungs. This helps the baby to breathe easy and reduces the risk of respiratory problems. Also, during natural birth, good bacteria present in the birth canal are naturally ingested by the baby as it passes through. This helps gain immunity to infections in its new surroundings.
- Better Success in Breastfeeding:Studies say, immediate skin-to-skin contact of mom and baby helps with early bonding that can make breastfeeding much easier as well as improves baby's sleep, weight gain, and brain development while inducing a calming effect on the baby. If everything is fine, the mother is discharged early from the hospital.
- Movement After Delivery is Easier:Many women try to move during labor to cope with pain. Whether it's walking the halls, taking a hot shower or gentle stretching, women have the freedom to move about as much as they want after a natural birth, whereas after medical interventions or C-section delivery, mothers are usually confined to bed for some hours.
- Pushing Maybe More Effective: Although epidural analgesia offers effective and necessary pain relief, they are known to increase the duration of labor by an hour in first-time moms and 16 minutes among moms who have already given birth.
- No Numbness from Epidural Medication:Since a woman is not given any epidurals analgesia during childbirth, she can get out of bed sooner after birth. The numbness from medication is not experienced during normal delivery; therefore, patients go through quick recovery and do not experience any constipation.
- Pride of Giving Normal Birth: Most of the women are proud of giving birth naturally after going through the pain. The feeling of natural birth makes women know what their bodies are capable of without medication.
- Baby’s Bonding with Birthing Partner: A woman is likely to need constant support of a partner, family member or close friend, which may strengthen the bond between that person and the baby.
Choosing the Best Normal Delivery Hospital in Srinagar
It is important for expecting mothers to have faith in the hospitals and trust them with their care while they prepare for motherhood. Follow these steps to find the care you deserve for your pregnancy and delivery:
- Select a Hospital You Can Trust: Find a hospital or clinic with which a patient can share a certain comfort level. Pregnancy and delivery is a journey where your doctor requires your support as much as you require theirs. The staff at the hospital should explain the procedures and assessment being performed and should answer any questions you may have during pregnancy.
- Check Qualifications of Doctors: The gynecologist assisting you with normal delivery should at the least have MD or a DNB in Obstetrics and Gynecology. An experienced doctor with a history of dealing with normal delivery cases is ideal.
- Talk to Other Couples: Speak to other expecting couples at antenatal classes to know their experience and whether they have anything specific to say about the hospital you have chosen. These interactions can provide useful insights about a hospital’s reputation as well as normal delivery tips to prepare for a normal delivery.
- Do your Research: Selecting the right normal delivery hospital in Srinagar is an important decision. It is a good idea to go through public reviews and ratings and to read up articles about what other websites are saying about the hospital.
- Ask about Physiotherapy Sessions: Look for hospitals and birthing center that provide access to physiotherapists and antenatal educators so that you can get guidance on different aspects related to your pregnancy. Physiotherapists advise on exercises that help prevent back and pelvic pain during pregnancy. Make sure, the physiotherapist knows about your condition so that he gives you appropriate advice for normal delivery.
- Talk to Women Health Educators: Hospitals which have in-house women and child health educators is a plus point as they can guide you on your health and lifestyle as you advance through your pregnancy.
- Emphasize that Pregnancy is not a Disease: The hospital you choose must encourage you to be active and continue to work unless you have a high-risk pregnancy.
Normal Delivery after Cesarean
Depending upon the reason for the previous cesarean section as well as the type and position of the cut made during the previous Cesarean section delivery, the gynecologist or obstetrician at normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar may determine whether it is safe to go ahead for a vaginal delivery for the current pregnancy.
Best Normal Delivery Hospitals in Srinagar
Normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar are widespread and choosing the right one is always a difficult task. Of course, you can get advice from your friends and families but some hospitals may not have the same reputation as they did years before. Ela woman is one of the leading healthcare facilitators who can help you find normal delivery hospitals in Srinagar based on current reputation, doctors’ experience and facilities provided at the hospital. We have a huge list of reputed Normal Delivery Hospitals in Srinagar listed on our website, elawoman.com. You can also contact Elawoman at +91-8929020600 to book an appointment.