Based on the Fertility Center, you are usually provided with a list of oocyte donors. However, below are the factors you should remember when you are selecting an oocyte donor:
- The recipients should analyze the reputation of the egg bank or the clinic where the procedure will be completed.
- You can consult with the previous recipients of donor eggs who got successful through the egg bank/clinic. Make sure this does not violate the clinic or the egg bank’s protocol.
- If your donor is somebody you know personally, then do settle out future possible issues of child custody, using a healthy legal agreement.
- Women with hormonal problems such as high level of PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) have slightly lower chances of IVF success than women without such problems. However the percentage change is very minimal.
- Do make sure that the person has no history of birth defects or hereditary problems.
- Do make sure that the donor doesn't have any incidence of any Sexually Transmitted Disease.
- Personality traits such as IQ, hobbies and educational level of the Donor might be things you can consider. Also, physical and psychological screening of the donor helps in many cases.