Uses Mechanism of Action
Serratiopeptidase is used in treatment of conditions associated with pain and inflammation associated with muscles, bones and joints, pulsating headaches, often on one side of the head (migraine), inflammation of the air cavities around nose (sinusitis), inflammation of larynx (laryngitis), sore throat, ear infections, swelling after surgery, inflammation of a vein caused by a blood clot (thrombophlebitis), diseases that cause inflammation and sores (ulcer) in the lining of the gut (Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that acts by breaking down the chemical mediators that are involved in causing pain and inflammation, thereby reducing the pain and inflammation
Adult- The recommended dose is 5-10 mg 3 times/day
- Skin reddening
- Abnormalities of blood cells
- Do not take serratiopeptidase and consult your doctor if you have bleeding disorders.
- Stop using serratiopeptidase at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery. It may increase bleeding before or after surgery.
- Serrapeptase might interfere with blood clotting, so some researchers worry that it might make bleeding disorders worse. If you have a bleeding disorder, check with your healthcare provider before using serrapeptase.
- Serrapeptase might interfere with blood clotting. There is a concern that it might increase bleeding during and after surgery. Please inform the surgeon about your medicine before operation