Linezolid is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia (community acquired pneumonia and nosocomial pneumonia), skin infections and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics. Mechanism of Action
Linezolid belongs to a group of drugs called as ox Dosage
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.
- Adults: 600 mg orally every 12 hours for 10-28days.
- Children (above 12 years): 600 mg every 12 hours for 10-28days.
- Children (upto 11 years): 10 mg/kg every 8 hours for 10-28 days.
Headache, dizziness, insomnia, diarrhea, fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, metallic taste, abdominal pain, rashes, itching, swelling, anemia, oral or vaginal candida infections, increase in liver enzymes,loose stools, inflammation of pancreas and stomach, chills, fatigue, increased thirst, skin allergies, kidney failure, tinnitus,vaginal infection, increased bilirubin levels and low blood levels of white and red blood cells, high blood pressure Warnings/Precautions
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not eat or have foods such as aged cheese or meat, soy sauce, pickled, fermented or smoked meat, sauerkraut, tap beer or red wine which may contain tyramine that might react with your drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not use linezolid if you have taken a drug called MAO inhibitor ( like isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine )in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur.