Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Ela ?
Ela is the world’s best ovulation tracker, fertility calendar and period tracking App. Ela through its patented technology helps women learn about their fertility and understand their period cycles, improve their reproductive health while trying to conceive or avoiding pregnancy smartly. What makes Ela a perfect App ovulation tracker is its ability to enable you to record your period history, pms symptom, mood status, sex and medications.
2.Can I use Ela for free ?
Ela is a completely free application. All our features are completely free to use. Even integration to other Hardware wearables devices is free for an Ela user. Ela has been ranked as the best Women's Health App in 2016 while driving thousands of communication threads on the platform and is already the largest community for couples who are either trying to conceive or trying to avoid pregnancy. Ela assists reproductive couples undergoing fertility treatments like IVF or IUI. Our complete focus is to help our users achieve their goals.
3. What is Ela Community ?
With Ela community, you can share and discuss your experiences with like-minded people globally. Right from getting tips on 'How to Get pregnant’ to ‘Infertility Treatments - IVF / IUI’, Ela community gears you with the most important tools to connect, share and learn from real time life experiences. In a way the community provides you complete support from the largest portal of women and couples who are trying to control their reproductivity.
4. How Ela charges?
Steps are as follows:
- International User looking for fertility treatment including IVF, Surrogacy etc. comes on to the ElaWoman website and leave an enquiry.
- Ela Telecaller reaches out to them and try to arrange an appointment for the desired center with the data available on the website.
- Once the user talks / meet the Clinic & Doctor and finalises the treatment option, the User can pay to Ela for travel arrangements and accommodation help. For this the GST paid bill is raised for the Patient.
- Post treatment is confirmed by the User and the treatment starts then an invoice is raised to the center to make the payment.
- Payment from the center comes to Ela within the allotted payment cycle.
- In the remitter country for international locations, the withholding tax is paid by the Centre while at Ela’s end the GST is paid.
5. I'm not concerned about my fertility right now. I just want to track my period. Should I sign up for Ela?
Off course, you may. Ela is also a science to keep a watch on your overall health and your body to manage your menstrual cycle and reproductive health. We help you regulate your periods using intelligent charts backed by patented data algorithm and data analysis. We have an innovative period tracker based on machine learning algorithm which gets smarter day by day to predict your irregularities and also your next period cycle.
6. What is basal body temperature (BBT) and how do I take mine?
Basal body temperature (BBT) is your lowest body temperature in a 24-hour period. Basal thermometers are available at most drugstores. The best time to take measurements using a BBT Thermometer is exactly after you have woken up - as the first thing in the morning. It is highly recommended that you should not even get out of bed or start the day, but instead pop a basal thermometer for body measurements. Another important criteria is to take these reading at almost the same time through the days of the cycle. You can feed in all this data into the Ela App to understand your periods and see your ovulation days.
7. I'm trying to conceive. Where should I begin?
Ela's Ovulation Calculator and the patented Fertility Tracker technology on the Ela portal is the best place to begin. It has been seen that 40-45% of patients who end up with IVF or IUI treatments, actually never needed such an expensive solution. It's about understanding the ovulation days and trying to have sex with your partner near-about these days. The percentage chances increases by almost 36%. Moreover Ela opens up a community for you to discuss and share your experiences with fellow individuals having similar experiences.
8. I want to learn more about Birth Control methods on Ela. How can I?
We have a very unique Information Center for you to read and understand all about Birth Control. Please click here. Moreover you can always be a part of our Ela Community of women across the globe to discuss and ask all your queries.
9. How do I add my partner on Ela?
On the Ela App, please Go to Menu Option and select ‘Invite Partner’. You can feed in your partner's Mobile number and email-id to send him/her the invite to be a part of Ela.
10. What types of Surrogacy Ela Offers?
Ela facilitates only altruistic surrogacy in India. However in International locations (outside India) Ela does provide other types of surrogacy as per the legal regulations in those countries.
11. Does Ela provide with PGD treatments?
PGD for baby discrimination is not allowed. Ela doesn't support gender selection in anyway.