About Dr. S Samundi Sankari
Dr. Samundi Sankari was one of the first experts in IVF, and pioneered Green IVF in India. The former Professor of Microsurgery & Obstetrics & Gynaecology at the Kilpauk Medical College has had a stellar career. Some of her more notable positions include Reader in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Head of Infertility & Ultra Sonography Clinic in Government Kasthuribhai Gandhi Hospital, Assistant Professor in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Madras Medical College, and Assistant Surgeon in the Rural Medical Service. She has been awarded numerous honorary posts, published countless scientific studies, and shared her knowledge at conferences and symposiums around the world. In recognition of her efforts, Orlando’s Association of Tamil Nadu Medical Graduates named Dr. Sankari the “Best Distinguishing Physician”, in 2001. Dr Sankari is trendsetter in laying IVF protocols for the country by being the Vice President of INSTAR, the nationwide body of ART in India.
- MBBS-Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - Madras Medical College, Chennai , 1972
- MD-Doctor of Medicine - Madras Medical College, Chennai , 1981
- DGO-Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics - Madras Medical College, Chennai , 1978
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Distinguishing Physician Award from Orlando, US In 2003
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Fertility from His Excellency, The Governor of Tamil Nadu - Dr Rosiah In 2015
- WHO Fellow
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- 22619, Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 1972
2, Dhandayudhapani Nagar, 2nd Street, Chitra Nagar, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600085
Dr. S Samundi Sankari Reviews
- 4.0Value for
- 4.2Explanation of
All Reviews (3)
- Reviewed By : T. Suguna Yelemma | Treatment: Hysterectomy
“ My hysterectomy was performed by Dr. S.Samundi Sankari. So sweet to talk to and pretty good at what she does. ”
9 people found this helpful
Helpful Posted on: July 21, 2017, 5:20 a.m.
- Reviewed By : Andreas Klingenberg | Treatment: IVF
5 people found this helpful
Helpful Posted on: July 18, 2017, 7:17 a.m.
- Reviewed By : Rinesh | Treatment: In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
“ I am very pleased and happy with the quality of treatment given as I was trying to get pregnant for 4 years. Finally, I got treated at Srushti fertility centre and got a positive result at first IVF attempt itself. I express my sincere gratitude and wish good luck to the staff and doctors of Srushti to continue helping people. I really appreciate the improvised and expert doctors and staff. ”
I recommend this doctor
2 people found this helpful
Helpful Posted on: May 24, 2019, 1:53 p.m.