Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Viral Fever symptoms include nasal congestion, redness of eye, skin rashes with dry and itchy skin, and inflammation. Viral fever diagnostic evaluation are performed with CBC, Antibody Test, and Viral Culture Test. Home remedies for fever are ginger, curd, turmeric milk, oranges, lime, and cinnamon.
Viral Fever Overview
The body temperature of a normal person should be about 98.6°F. If anyone has a body temperature more than this, it is considered as fever. Fevers are a sign that the body is fighting off some type of bacterial or viral infection. Viral fever is caused by an underlying viral illness. Various factors characterize viral fever including burning body temperature, constant fever, headache, and weakness. Children, pregnant women, and old people are prone to this fever due to low immunity level to fight viruses. Viral fever can range from mild to serious level and lack of treatment can be fatal to body mechanism and immunity.
Viral Fever Symptoms
It is to be noted that symptoms of viral fever overlap with various other diseases such as Dengue, Chikungunya, Typhoid, and Malaria. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to understand some of the very important symptoms of viral fever to flag out your doubts before going for a diagnosis. Symptoms of viral fever are as follows:
- Viral fever is intermittent in nature and one experiences it at regular intervals. For example, most of the people experience viral fever during a particular time at noon or in the evening.
- Viral fever comes with chills. One can experience cold even during extremely hot and humid temperature.
- Running nose or nasal congestion, redness of the eye, irritation in swallowing foods are some of the symptoms of viral fever.
- Viral fever is not cured with regular fever medicines. Normal fever medicine is effective on viral fever for a short time. Once the effect of the medicine goes down, the fever returns.
- A feverish situation is a viral fever when it is persistent for a long time.
- Fatigue is also a symptom of viral fever. The patient feels exhausted and tired all the time without doing anything.
- Inflammation of the pharynx.
- Skin rashes can be observed in the case of viral fever. The patient feels itchy and dry skin.
Viral Fever Causes
Viral fever is caused by the attack of virus in the body. However, in general cases, viral fever is mostly similar to fever rising from bacterial infection. The various causes of viral fever are:
- Being close to an infected person
- Being in a place where a particular viral fever is prevalent
- Working with sick people
- Sharing needles for intravenous drugs
- Being close to infected animals or slaughtering them
- If the place is infested with rats
- Unprotected sex
- Being in a place where particular strains of viral fever are doing the rounds
Viral Fever Diagnosis: Methods and Tests
Viral fever should not be taken lightly. It is always advised to be diagnosed under the supervision of a medical professional when the symptoms of viral fever are experienced. Symptoms of viral fever and fever due to bacterial infection are almost similar and indistinguishable. Therefore, the doctor would first suggest going for a Complete Blood Count Test before treating the illness.
Complete Blood Count (CBC) is a blood test prescribed and done to examine the overall health and detect a number of disorders including anemia and infection. CBC blood test, determines that a bacteria or a virus causes the fever. However, it is to be noted that, a blood test cannot detect a virus, but can detect a bacterium. So, if no bacteria are found and the patient has a running fever then it becomes clear that it is a viral fever. Apart from CBC test, there are certain other diagnostic methods to diagnose viral fever in a person through blood or urine.
- Viral Antigen Detection Test: In the case of viral fever, the virus leads to the development of viral antigens on the surface of your infected blood cells. These antigens are used as antibodies to fight the infection. Viral Antigen Detection test is very effective in diagnosing viral fever.
- The Antibody Test: The antibodies developed by the body in any kind of infection have a very specific nature. So, an antibody blood test is proven best to diagnose the kind of virus, which have affected the body.
- Viral Culture Test: If fever lasts for more than a week, the doctor suggests a viral culture test. This test is taken through a sample of body fluids (urine or blood). Here the virus growth in the body is detected by keeping the sample in a place to support the growth and development of the virus.
Viral Fever Treatment- Home Remedies and Medicines
Once the detection of viral fever is done, the doctor will treat the patient based on the symptoms observed.
- Antipyretic Drug: If high temperature and fever is the only symptom experienced by the patient, the doctor may suggest taking the antipyretic drug such as Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and Ketoprofen.
- Analgesic Drug: In the case of muscle or joint pain, headache etc, the patient has prescribed Analgesic drugs (pain relievers) with Acetaminophen.
- Antibiotics or Probiotics Supplements: If viral fever has caused infection in the nasal tract or stomach, then antibiotics or probiotics such as Ceftum, Lactobacillus Acidophilus etc are prescribed to heal the infection.
Home Remedies for Viral Fever
Home remedies are the best treatment for viral infection, as they do not have any side effect. They can be taken in any form. Patients can use them with other foods also. Some of the natural remedies, which are very effective in case of viral infection, are:
- Basil Leaves
- Fenugreek water and Carom seed water
- Coriander leaves, Bay leaves, and Rosemary
- Rice Starch
- Turmeric milk
- Citrus fruits such as Orange, Lime, Grapefruit
FAQs on Viral Fever
Question: How to prevent viral fever during pregnancy?
Answer: Viral fever during pregnancy is common. There can be many reasons for it like Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), a respiratory syndrome such as Asthma and food poisoning. Intended mothers should take proper care to avoid infection during pregnancy. If there is feverish feeling, one must visit the nearest medical center or health care provider to cure it on time. Citrus fruits are also effective to lessen the risk of viral fever. Moreover, Ibuprofen is effective in viral fever, as it is suitable during pregnancy.
Question: How to prevent viral fever?
Answer: There are certain common things that one can do to prevent viral fever:
- Washing hands regularly
- Using sanitizers to be disinfectant after using a public toilet
- Wearing medical masks or using a handkerchief
- Avoiding crowded places
- Not eating frozen food directly
- Avoid touching mouth and face randomly in public places
Question: How long does viral fever stay?
Answer: It depends on how soon the patient is treated. Normally it can stay from a minimum of two-three days to two weeks.
Hope this article is helpful for you to get all the information on “Viral fever symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment”. Follow Elawoman.com to get all the latest updates on infertility treatments including IVF, IUI, and Surrogacy. Call on the given number to book an appointment or for any query: +917899912611.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- What are the symptoms, causes, and types of fever? constant fever, Elawoman - 2017
- Crocin advance tablet - faqs, composition, uses, and side effects headache, Elawoman - 2017
- Top 10 most common early pregnancy symptoms 3 weeks - confirming pregnancy Fatigue, Elawoman - 2017
- Viral fever in children and adults- symptoms of viral fever, home remedies for fever viral fever, Elawoman - 2017
- Unprotected sex - tips to deal with it, monitoring pregnancy Unprotected sex, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.