Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Learn about Ring Guard cream price, uses, benefits, composition and how it can be used in pregnancy along with the alternatives. Also acquaint yourself with different types of fungal infections and their causes and treatments.
Ring Guard 2% cream is an anti-fungal cream, which is manufactured by Paras Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is used for the treatment of various skin infections caused by fungi like ringworm, mouth ulcers, and also in conditions like athlete's foot (skin infection in athlete feet), jock itch and vaginal yeast infections. If you are allergic to milk proteins then avoid taking it. Moreover, it can also be used for pets that have contracted fungal infections. The medicine can be availed in powder form as well for the ease of application in certain areas. The article also aims to enhance your understanding of Fungal infections that are broadly classified into Opportunistic fungal infections, Primary fungal infections, and Localized fungal infections.
Ring Guard Cream Facts
Below are some of the highlights as well as warnings that need to be kept in mind before using the Ring Guard cream:
- Once a buccal dose is taken, the next 7 hours usually show the maximum salivary concentration of the cream.
- This medicine's effect lasts for an average duration of 24 hours.
- No reports of habit-forming tendency have been found.
- This cream is not advisable during pregnancy until and unless there is urgency. Consult doctor about its risks and benefits before using the cream.
- There is no data available on the recommended use of Ring Guard cream for breastfeeding women. While applying the cream use the caution. You should consult your doctor before using.
Ring Guard Cream Alternatives
Here is the list of medicines that have same composition and effects as that of the Ring Guard cream. These can act as an alternative of the cream:
- Candistat by Merck Consumer Health Care Ltd
- Candizol by Micro Labs Ltd
- Fungitop by Micro Labs Ltd
- Micogel by Cipla Ltd5- Miconazole by Cipla Ltd
- Pevesca 150 MG Capsule by Usv Ltd
- Relin Guard by Wockhardt Ltd
- Rexgard by Novartis India Ltd
Ring Guard Cream Uses and Benefits
- Skin Fungal Infections: Ring Guard cream is used for treating fungal infections. This tube is also beneficial in fungal infections occurring in nails.
- Oral Thrush: It is effective in treating fungal infection of mouth caused by Candida albicans fungus.
- Vaginal Infections: Vaginal infection caused by the fungus Candida albicans is also treatable with the help of Ring Guard tube.
Ring Guard Cream Precautions
- You shouldn’t use Ring Guard tube if you experience allergic reactions to milk protein or the cream itself.
- This cream might increase the liver enzyme levels so close observation of liver function test is required when treatment begins.
- The usage of Ring Guard cream should be discontinued in case of severe symptoms.
- Juveniles under the age of 16 years and children should not use this cream.
Ring Guard 2% cream Composition: Ring Guard cream is a formulation of Miconazole and Neomycin, a broad spectrum anti fungal and antibiotic respectively.
Ring Guard Cream: Things to Remember
- Missed Application: In case you miss an application, make sure that you apply it as soon as possible. There is no need to overuse the cream even if you have forgotten an application or twice.
- Ring Guard 2% should be used on the prescription of the doctor and used as per their instruction. Be sure to complete the course of the medicine for complete recovery and if there are any side effects observed, report it to the doctor immediately about the same. Regular and timely application of the Ring Guard cream is essential in treating fungal infections.
Side effects of Ring Guard 2% cream
Besides its intended effect, Ring Guard 2% cream might lead to some unwanted effects as well so if you happen to experience any of those, get in touch with the doctor.
The following are the side effects of the anti fungal cream:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Body pain
- Fever or chills
- Nausea or tarry stools
- Loss of appetite
- Change in taste
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing the above symptoms regularly as it implies that the cream is having some undesirable effects on you.
You are not advised to use Ring Guard 2% cream in the following cases:
- In case you have an allergic reaction the cream
- If you are allergic to milk protein
- Ring Guard Big Cream 20 gm for Rs 73
- Ring Guard Cream 12 gm for Rs 51
“This cream is very good.The ring guard powder is also equally effective. I had some fungal infection for which I had used it. It was quite effective and gave relief from the burning sensation I had in my fingers.”-by Mr. Manor
“It is useless of money and time. It does not affect on ringworm. Its ads attract the consumers but they should concentrate on cream, how they can make cream more effective because until now it doesn't show good results on ringworm. Its better not to waste time and money on this products.”-by Mr. Shaikh Marin
“I was having infection on my hand near middle finger. so I saw ad on TV regarding ring guard tube, so purchased cream from chemist shop and started applying ring guard twice daily, after 3days my infection was completely vanished. These is best cream and very effective. the Francois of the cream is nice. I love these cream.”-by Mr. Krunal Kudale
You may also be interested in knowing about various kinds of infections caused by fungi, their causes and treatments. To help you identify and get rid of them well in time.
Different kinds of fungal infections can be classified as under:
Opportunistic fungal infections: This is the type of infection that target those with weak immunity. Such an infection can be found in those suffering from AIDS or having immunosuppressants.
A. Opportunistic fungal infections commonly include
These kinds of infections are aggressive in nature and can spread quickly. These can also be fatal.
B. Primary fungal infections: This can occur even in a healthy person with a normal immune system. These infections can sometimes get serious.
Primary fungal infections can occur in specific regions and can be classified as
C. Localized fungal infections: These are the fungal infections that affect only particluar body parts.
- Common yeast infections like Candida fungus, Malassezia furfur
- Dermatophytes like Microsporum, Epidermophyton and Trichophyton
Home Remedies for Fungal Infections
There are a number of natural products that are easily available in home that can be used to treat fungal infection at home:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Grape fruit seed extract
- Aloe vera
- Soapy water
- Powdered licorice
- Tea tree oil
- Lemongrass oil
Ring Guard 2% Cream vs Itch Guard Cream
|Miconazole and Neomycin|
Clotrimazole Topical, Boric Acid Topical, Ichtyolammonium Topic
|Skin fungal Infections, Oral Thrush, Vaginal Infections, Athlete’s foot, Jock itch, Ring worm|
Vaginal Infections, Skin yeast or fungal infections, Rashes, Oral thrush, Athlete’s foot, Jock itch, Ring worm
|Body pain, Headache, Black or tarry stools, Difficulty in breathing, Diarrhea, Fever or chills, Loss of appetite, Nausea, Stomach pain, Weakness, Taste change|
Orthostatic Hypotension, Sleepiness, Increase in body fat and cholesterol, Headache, Dizziness, Chest pain, Dry mouth, Uncontrolled muscle movements, Running nose and cough, Loss of libido
|Paras Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Clean the surface of the skin with warm water and dry. Apply a thin layer of the cream over the affected area and rub in a circular motion with finger.|
Applied on the clean skin as a thin layer on the affected area, once or twice a day.
|20 gm for Rs. 73, 12 gm for Rs. 51|
15 gm for Rs. 41
How to apply Ring Guard 2%?
Following are the instructions to use Ring Guard Cream:
- Wash the skin thoroughly with warm water
- Pat dry the surface
- Apply a thin layer of cream directly on the affected area
- Massage in a circular motion
Can Ring Guard used for babies?
No, it is not recommended for babies.
Hope you have got all the required and important details about the Ring Guard 2% cream and it's benefits. We have also listed the alternatives along with the list of side effects of Ring Guard tube. Follow Elawoman blog to get timely updates on fertility health, IVF and Surrogacy treatments.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Know about loose motion or diarrhea Diarrhea, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.