Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Kidney stones are the result of dissolved or buildup minerals on the inner lining of kidneys. Unhealthy diet and dehydration cause kidney stone. Symptoms of kidney stones include exhaustion, abdominal pain and fever. Water, lemon juice and honey are some Ayurveda home remedies for kidney stones.
Kidneys are one of the most important organs of the body. They are also called calculi or urolithiasis. Kidneys perform two essential functions: flushing out the harmful toxins from the human body and maintaining mineral, water and chemical levels in the body. Kidneys filter, reabsorb, secrete and excrete the blood supplied to them, the final product being urine. Humans consume a variety of food items every day which are then converted into energy; this process also manufactures by-products in the form of toxins, which can be unhealthy. Accumulation of such toxic substances can be detrimental for health. Inadequate intake of water in the body can lead to the formation of kidney stones. Kidney stones can either be pea-sized or as huge as a golf ball. Kidney stones are usually made of calcium oxalate along with some other compounds and are crystalline in structure. The formation of kidney stones can give a person a hard time while urinating, weight loss, fever, nausea, hematuria and acute pain in the lower abdominal region of the body. Kidney stones are mostly removed by surgery; however, some people can get rid of kidney stones with the help of Ayurveda remedies. Ayurveda medicines have a long history of dealing with kidney stones as the problem has been around, perhaps, since as long as human existence.
In this article, we will look at:
- What causes kidney stones?
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
- What does Ayurveda recommend for natural and speedy relief from kidney stones?
- What are the essential tips to keep kidneys healthy and prevent the formation of kidney stones?
Kidney stones occur when salts and minerals, most commonly calcium oxalate, crystallize in the kidneys and create hard deposits. Although they form in kidneys, kidney stones can affect other parts of the urinary tract. Dehydration or drinking less water is considered a major contributing factor in the development of kidney stones. When the body is dehydrated, fluid moves more slowly through the kidneys. It increases the chances of salts and mineral compounds coming into close contact and sticking together. Small stones may pass out on their own without causing any symptoms. However, most large or medium-sized stones are extremely painful to pass out of the system and require immediate medical attention. The other major cause of kidney stone is the adoption of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. Aside from genetic factors that increase the risk of kidney stones, there are controllable factors that include high intake of salt and sugar, inadequate water intake, obesity, lack of exercise or excessive exercise. Conventional medicine identifies three causes of kidney stones that can again be traced to a person’s diet. These include the excessive presence of stone-forming compounds in urine that is calcium, urate, and oxalate. (1) (2)
Symptoms of kidney stones largely depend on the size of a stone. Small kidney stones (<5mm) pass in the urine without any other symptom or pain. Bigger stones (>6mm) tend to obstruct the flow of urine and can cause symptoms of kidney stone. When obstruction to the flow of urine occurs, it causes agonizing pain in the lower back. The pain may also extend to the groin area (described as ‘loin to groin’ radiation of pain). (3) Large kidney stones usually give out very clear signs and here are some of the symptoms of kidney stones:
- Severe lower abdominal pain that radiates to the groin, lower back, sides, and genitals. The pain can come and go in sudden and severe bouts lasting from 20 to 60 minutes or even longer. Abdominal pain continues even after the stone has passed out.
- Blood in urine – Bloody or abnormal color of urine like pink, red or brown is a common occurrence.
- Foul-smelling or cloudy urine
- Uncontrollable urges to urinate. There is a persistent need to urinate frequently in small amounts along with burning and a painful sensation.
- Tenderness over the affected kidney
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chills and fever
- Extreme exhaustion and excessive sweating
In case of a small kidney stone, one may not have similar kidney stone symptoms as the stone passes through the urinary tract. However, symptoms of kidney stones can vary from unnoticeable to excruciating.
The popularity of Ayurveda medicine for treating the symptoms of kidney stones is increasing nowadays as more and more people prefer natural treatment to avoid the side effects associated with prescription drugs and medicines. Some of the Ayurveda remedies that are useful for the treatment of kidney stones are listed below: (4)
- Water: First and foremost, Ayurveda home remedy recommended for natural, speedy relief from kidney stones is water. Drinking lots of water keeps the body hydrated, flushing out toxins, reducing acidity levels, other unwanted minerals and waste products that are responsible for the formation of stones. Drinking water also makes it easier for the stones to pass out of the system. Increased water intake can reduce the long-term kidney stone recurrence risk by as much as 60%. (6)
- Lemon juice with Honey: Lemons contain citrate, a compound that helps break down calcium deposits and slow down their growth. Drinking two glasses of lemon juice a day, the first on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and another a few hours before dinner, may help break down smaller stones. (7)
- Coconut Water: Coconut water is considered to be one of the healthiest drinks and is helpful for the dissolution of kidney stones. Coconut water has been proven effective in breaking and flushing out the kidney stones from the body through urine. Coconut water is very effective in relieving the burning sensation during urination.
- Lady's Finger/ Okra/ Bhindi: Okra is rich in magnesium with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It helps in the prevention of crystallization of chemicals in the kidney thus making it an excellent remedy for kidney stones. (8)
- Kollu (Horse Gram): Horse gram (Kollu or Kulti) is found to be useful for prevention of kidney stones and gall bladder stones. Horse gram helps in breaking the stones into smaller pieces that would come out of the urinary tract easily. (9)
- Basil (Tulsi): Basil has been found to be promoting the fluid, mineral and uric acid balance in the kidney. Have basil leaves a few times a day as tea, juice or with honey. Basil contains compounds known to help stabilize uric acid levels, making it harder for the formation of kidney stones. It contains acetic acid, a chemical known to help dissolve stones. One teaspoon of basil extract or pure juice every day may help prevent and treat kidney stones. (10)
Here are some of the essential tips one can follow to prevent kidney stones:
- Avoid too much salt or sugar consumption (5)
- Regular exercise in moderation
- Avoid dehydration and drink lots of water and healthy liquids. Include fibrous fruits and vegetables in the diet.
- Avoid unhealthy foods like sugar, processed foods, beverages, sugary drinks, soda, and alcohol
- Reduce intake of meats, poultry, and eggs that are likely to increase the amount of acid in the urine
- Whole wheat bread, vegetable proteins are a good alternative source of proteins, nutrients, and fibers that reduce the risk of kidney stone formation
It is important to make lifestyle and dietary changes in order to prevent kidney stone formation. Call the doctor if any of the symptoms of kidney stones occur. One can also consult a doctor in case if pain persists. For more updates on healthy related information follow Elawoman Blog. If you want to avail the best IVF treatment you can call us today and book an appointment. Reach us at +91-8929020600.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Kidney Stones: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ Kidney Stones - Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 20 August 2019
- ^ Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones | Healthline Healthline.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ Kidney Stones: Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment | Healthline Healthline.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ How to Prevent Kidney Stones: 9 Ways | Healthline Healthline.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ Drink Water Instead | Kidney Health Australia Kidney.org.au, 20 August 2019
- ^ Lemonade Helps Kidney Stones | WebMD Webmd.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ Okra: Benefits, Nutritional Content, and Recipe Tips Medicalnewstoday.com, 20 August 2019
- ^ Horse Gram: 12 Health Benefits and Recipes | Isha Sadhguru Isha.sadhguru.org, 20 August 2019
- ^ Tulsi - Ocimum Sanctum: A Herb for All Reasons | NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 20 August 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.