Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
IVF cycle failure in a surrogate mother needs to be dealt with a positive approach. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, Sperm Fragmentation test, Reanalyzing the quality of eggs and Use of donor eggs can be performed before starting the next IVF cycle again to improve IVF chances.
Surrogacy procedure is one of the most valuable medical procedures for the couples who are unable to have their own babies with natural intercourse or through any other ART techniques be it IVF, ICSI or IUI. Single parents and same sex couples can also utilize this ART technique to get their family started. Surrogacy also involves IVF procedure but during surrogacy, the embryo formed is transferred into the uterus of the surrogate mother. Now, it is possible that the IVF of surrogate mother fails. In this case, a proper investigation must be made to find the reason of IVF failure to ensure the IVF success in the subsequent cycle.
A potential surrogate is first screened well to check her capability to carry the baby for the full nine-month term. This includes a series of steps like medical, fertility and psychological screening in which the surrogate mother is screened carefully to find out if she possesses some kind of diseases or infections which she can possibly pass to the baby. The fertility screening involves thyroid function test, usage of drugs, screening of infectious diseases and complete blood count tests. Although the surrogate mother is screened well for the successful pregnancy but still due to certain natural reasons surrogate mother can have failed IVF cycles. The success rates of IVF cycle in the surrogate mother have improved over the years. But in some of the cases, IVF cycle in the surrogate mothers fails due to several reasons. The major reasons, which are responsible for the failure of the IVF cycle in the surrogacy include:
- Poor quality gametes: If the quality of the eggs and sperms is not good then it will lead to the formation of poor quality embryos, which ultimately leads to the increased chances of the failure of IVF cycle in the surrogacy procedure.
- Implantation Failure: Some of the most commonly seen causes of the failure of implantation in surrogate mother include thin endometrium lining, stress, low progesterone levels, immunologic dysfunction or poor embryo quality.
- Inadequate Endometrial Thickness: Endometrial thickness plays an important role in the implantation of the embryo inside the uterus. Optimum endometrial thickness should be between 8 to 11mm. If the uterine thickness does not lie within this range during embryo transfer, then it can also be the reason of the failed IVF cycle. That is the reason doctors prescribe medications for the endometrium lining to attain the desired thickness right after the IVF treatment begins.
- Chromosomal Abnormality in the embryos: The embryos can also have chromosomal defects, which can be the reason of the IVF failure in the surrogate mother. In such cases, pre diagnosis of the embryos needs to be performed in the next cycle so that the genetically unfit embryos are not transferred to the surrogate mother.
Now, as the causes of the failure of IVF cycle are known, it is also equally important that you get to know regarding the ways to deal with IVF cycle failure in surrogacy and proceed with it accordingly.
1. Keep a positive approach
The most important point of prime vitality is that the intended parents should handle the situation with positivity and they should not lose hope with the failure of one or more than one IVF cycle involved in the surrogacy treatment. The couple must discuss their case with their infertility expert to know the possible causes of failure.
One must know that around 45% of the cases of IVF cycle in surrogacy procedure are successful. So, you can see that keeping a positive approach along with proper awareness will help you to try your best again. Many around you will try to bring your morale and inner motivation down, but then it’s all up to you and your partner to keep the spirit high.
Also, don’t forget to explore our article on thefactors that determine IVF success rate.
2.Try more than one IVF cycle
It is always recommended that the couples need to make sure that they try at least thrice before giving up with the trials of the IVF cycle. According to a research, it has been found that the IVF success chances improve with number of cycles performed. The utilization of the extra embryos will help the couples to have increased success rates and victoriously have their own babies. It is best that you consult your respective infertility specialist before you give up of trying hard.
3. Opt for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
Repeated failures in the case of IVF Cycles in surrogacy procedure leads to the requirement of undergoing 'Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis'. It is famously known as PGD which is a reproductive technology whose prime aim is to screen and find out the genetic disorders which have higher chances of passing on to the fetus. This test is recommended to the couples who have recurrent cases of pregnancy losses. If the embryos are not genetically fit, then new embryos can be formed from the donor egg or donor sperm.
4. Sperm Fragmentation Test
If a couple has doubts about the presence of the genetic abnormalities in the sperms then test like Sperm Fragmentation Test is advised for the male partner. This is an advanced test where the amount of the damage to the chromosomes is found out which further helps a couple to proceed effectively in the right way. If male’s sperm sample is not fit for IVF, then donor sperm can be used.
5. Frozen Embryo Transfer procedure (FET)
If the surrogate mother has a failed IVF cycle with fresh embryo transfer then she is made to undergo Frozen Embryo Transfer in the next cycle. Chances of IVF are good with Frozen Embryo Transfer.
6.Reanalyze the quality of eggs
If the PGD results show the genetic defect in the embryo then either the sperms or eggs are responsible for it. These gametes are tested individually for their quality before forming the embryo again. The infertility specialist checks the quality of the stored or freshly retrieved eggs, which boost the chances of positive pregnancy news.
7. Use donor egg
If the quality of the eggs of the intended mother is not good, then obviously going with donor egg will be the best choice.
8. Transferring more than one embryo
The infertility specialist will choose to transfer more than 2 embryos after discussing with the patient so that at least one embryo can be successfully implanted thus turning into the success. But it can also result in multiple pregnancies such as twins or triplets.
1. Does a child born with Surrogacy procedure possess the genes of the surrogate mother?
This is one of the prime questions, which imbibe the curiosity in couples who are eager to opt for the surrogacy procedure but are confused about the genetic factors.
One needs to clearly understand that the genes of the surrogate mother do not pass on to the child as the genes are passed on from the eggs and sperms of the couple. So, you can just relax and opt for the surrogacy procedure.
2. Can you become a surrogate if you are unmarried and never had a baby?
Absolutely! Your status of marriage and number of children do not matter while opting for becoming a surrogate mother. You just need to undergo certain tests, which will ensure that you are the right fit to become a surrogate mother.
Single IVF failure during surrogacy shall not be considered an end to your parenthood dreams. You need to stay strong and positive in order to start your next cycle to achieve success. For more updates on fertility treatments and related information, visit Elawoman.com.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- What is surrogacy? Surrogacy procedure, Elawoman - 2018
- Natural cycle ivf natural intercourse, Elawoman - 2018
- How much does ivf cost IVF, Elawoman - 2017
- What is icsi ICSI, Elawoman - 2017
- Everything you need to now about intrauterine insemination (iui) IUI, Elawoman - 2017
- Ivf procedure in six steps IVF procedure, Elawoman - 2017
- How to find surrogate mother? surrogate mother, Elawoman - 2018
- Repeated ivf failures, common causes and tips to prevent it IVF failure, Elawoman - 2017
- Six factors determine ivf success rate IVF success, Elawoman - 2017
- What is absolute eosinophil count (aec) blood test? blood count tests, Elawoman - 2018
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.