Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
The difference between IVF and Surrogacy is that in former one the female partner bears the pregnancy and in the former one the surrogate carries the baby in her womb. Benefits of gestational surrogacy is that the surrogate is not biologically related to the baby born with the procedure.
Let’s Discuss in More Detail About Traditional Surrogacy and Gestational Surrogacy:-
- What Does Gestational Carrier Mean?
- When is Gestational Surrogacy Considered?
- What Is the Difference Between IVF and Surrogacy?
- How Long Gestational Surrogacy Takes?
- The Pros and Cons of Surrogacy?
- How Much Does Gestational Surrogacy Cost?
In traditional surrogacy, only father contributes the genetic material and the pregnancy is achieved via artificial insemination. Earlier traditional surrogacy was the only surrogacy option available for a childless couple, till the development of IVF in 1978. (1)
GC or Gestational Carrier is a woman who doesn’t have any genetic contribution in the child she is carrying for the intended parents. There is no use of the term 'surrogate' which connoted a genetic relationship in the past. (2) In this process, the baby is not related to carrier biologically, so the egg comes from the intended mother or through a donor while the sperm is contributed by intended father or a sperm donor. In other situations, donor embryos are also used.
Several tests are conducted for the gestational carrier such as blood tests, uterine evaluation, medical evaluation, genetic screening and psychological screening to decide the medical fitness of the gestational carrier.
Below are the medical situations where people look for surrogacy option:
- Couples struggling with severe infertility
- Single parent
- Homosexual couples
- Mother who doesn't have uterus or have uterus problems
- Unable to carry a pregnancy safely to the full term
IVF or In-Vitro Fertilization is a fertilization process where doctors combine mother's egg and father's sperm in a lab for forming an embryo (which is also known as Test Tube baby). Afterwards, the embryo is transferred into mother's uterus.
But if the mother's womb is not in a condition for pregnancy, then embryos are implanted into other woman's womb. The woman who rents her womb for the intended parents is called a surrogate. There are two types of surrogates i.e. traditional and gestational. In traditional surrogacy, surrogate's egg is artificially inseminated with the intended father's sperm. In traditional surrogacy, there is a genetic connection between mother and child as surrogate mother's eggs are used. But when we talk about gestational surrogacy, the eggs and sperm of intended parents is used thus, there is no genetic link between the carrier and the child. Though these are two different processes IVF is required only in the gestational surrogacy. (4)
It takes a lot of time in searching and finding the willing and healthy gestational carrier. Whether the intended parents take help in screening the candidates through an agency, friend or relatives or the Internet. (9)
After finalizing, the surrogate and intended parents finalize the agreement and the treatment begins. It takes up to 3 to 4 IVF cycles for achieving the successful pregnancy.
Gestational Surrogacy has its own share of advantages, which makes it one of the best choices for the couples, but they do have to go through the disadvantages. Below is the common list of benefits and challenges of this process. (5)
Pros of Gestational Surrogacy:
- It allows the infertile couples; homosexual couples or single parents to fulfill their dream of parenthood.
- It helps in maintaining the genetic link between parents and child.
- Least morally complicated, as a baby is not biologically related to gestational carrier.
Cons of Gestational Surrogacy:
- It is a legally complex and expensive process.
- Intended parents need to give some control as someone else is carrying the baby for them. (6)
- Intended mothers have to undergo fertility treatments as well as other medical procedures if she is using her own eggs.
- It is advised to all those parents who are opting for gestational surrogacy to measure all the positives and negatives before taking the step.
The cost of this process depends on several factors. Surrogacy is a long and demanding process involving many professionals, use of advanced medical technology and can take a long time. It also demands a yearlong commitment from both intended carrier and parents. (8)
The cost involved in the surrogacy process ranges from $70,000 to $120,000, which includes all the necessary medical expenses, counseling costs, attorney fees, agency fees and living expenses of a surrogate. And most of the expenses are variable like the monthly allowance of the surrogate mother might vary where she lives while attorney fees might differ on state laws and legal processes. (7) And insurance may not cover the intended parents and the surrogate's medical expenses.
Are you planning to go for surrogacy? If yes, know more about surrogacy complications and its technique. In case you are looking for surrogacy centres in Delhi then find a comprehensive list of Top Surrogacy Centres in Delhi. (10)
Hope this article will help you to know about gestational carrier and surrogacy. You can also go through the pros and cons of the process as well as the cost involved in this procedure. Follow Elawoman blog to get regular updates on fertility health and treatments.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Surrogacy Regulation Bill 2016 Latestly.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Know About Surrogacy In India Missmalini.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Infertility Solutions IVF & Surrogacy Conceiveabilities.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Surrogacy bill reflects shallow understanding of women and the desire for children Telegraphindia.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Know Your Rights: Surrogacy in India, PostSurrogacy (Regulation) Bill Theswaddle.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Is Banning Commercial Surrogacy the Right Thing to Do Livelaw.in, 04 April 2019
- ^ Senator: There should be law on surrogacy Mvariety.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ What is gestational surrogacy? News.abs-cbn.com, 04 April 2019
- ^ Surrogacy laws by country - Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 04 April 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.