Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Single parent Surrogacy is an assisted reproductive technique where an individual can have his or her own baby through surrogacy without the requirement of a partner. People who opt for single parent surrogacy include men who are divorcees, widowers, unmarried men or women who are single and medically unfit to carry a full-term pregnancy.
Are you single and still want to have a baby? Now, it is absolutely possible. You need not get married or have a partner to have your own baby. In the recent times, bachelors as well as single men are opting for the single parent surrogacy options to reproduce their own babies. Many men are coming forward and consulting gynecologists to discuss their possibilities of becoming single fathers. Many of our celebs are also following the same path and have successfully become parents with the help of single parent surrogacy. So, if you are not interested in getting married or feel restricted to conceive naturally due to sexuality concerns, then single parent surrogacy is the best option for you. Single parent surrogacy is performed in the same way as intended couple surrogacy with all the legal formalities.
What is the procedure of single parent surrogacy?
- Single parent surrogacy is a bit different procedure than that of the conventional surrogacy. Here, the individual requires a donor egg as well as a surrogate mother. The intended couple opting for conventional surrogacy may also have to use donor egg depending upon the female’s egg quality. But using egg donor is a compulsion in a single parent surrogacy.
- If you are a single man, before starting the procedure make sure that the egg donor and surrogate mother are two different individuals. This is done to ensure that the surrogate mother is not genetically connected to the baby. If she will be genetically connected to the baby, she might claim the baby in future, which will cause further complications.
- Fertility center can help you in finding the matched egg donor and as well as the surrogate mother. You can even ask a female family member to become an egg donor. But, better would be to go for an anonymous donor.
- If you want to be a single dad, you need to provide your semen sample to the clinic so that embryo can be formed after fertilizing the sperms with donor eggs obtained from the egg donor. A specialist under controlled conditions performs this process. After 3-4 days, embryos being formed are implanted into the uterus of the surrogate mother. The success of the pregnancy can be known within the next two weeks.
- If you want to be a single mother through surrogacy, you need to look for a sperm donor and a surrogate mother. Once you meet your matched donor and surrogate, your process of surrogacy can be started. Your eggs will be retrieved and fertilized with the donor sperms. Embryo formed will be transferred in the uterus of surrogate mother.
Thus, surrogacy is one of the best solutions if you are planning to have your own baby whether you are a single man or woman.
What are the costs associated with single parent surrogacy?
If you have planned to opt for a single parent surrogacy then it’s the right time to know about the costs involved during the entire procedure.
- The cost of surrogacy vary from Rs. 10,00,000 to Rs. 14,00,000. The cost depends on various factors including the compensation of the surrogate mother, medical fees, legal formalities, IVF Procedure, donor charges and other miscellaneous charges. ElaWoman team has done thorough research in various cities to come up with an average price of surrogacy.
Before finalizing the surrogate mother and egg donor, you need to check your financial aspects clearly and determine whether you should continue with your decision or not. If you are fully determined and having financial issues, you can opt for medical loan and can later on pay back the loan amount in flexible EMIs. You can also utilize Ela loan facility to help you with financial assistance.
Are there any legal factors, which are associated with the single parent surrogacy? If yes, what are they?
- As per the laws, it is legal for a single man or a woman to become a parent with the help of a single parent surrogacy.
- Individuals from the foreign countries can also visit India for single parent surrogacy procedure provided they hold Indian citizenship or Indian passport. They need to come to India by applying medical visa.
- The surrogate mother and the intended single parent need to sign a series of documents, which are kept as a proof in case the surrogate later claims the child to be hers in the future. Signing documents keeps the transparency alive between the single parent and the surrogate mother. Also, these documents will consist of the monetary value, which will be given to the surrogate mother.
- In the birth certificate, the name of intended parent will be mentioned in the place of parent’s name. One of the parent’s name fields will be blank. Surrogate mother will not have any kind of role in the legal parts with respect to the newborn child. She does not hold any kind of relationship with the child after delivery.
How long does the surrogacy procedure take?
- It takes around one to three months to find the matched donor and surrogate mother. This task is tedious in itself, but surrogacy centres help a lot in finding the best-matched donors and surrogates because they have an extensive database of thousands of donors and surrogates with different backgrounds. Thus, finding an appropriate donor or surrogate through surrogacy clinics is always convenient.
- Sometimes, legal formalities and approval can also take some time. Once all the formalities are completed, then comes the part of starting the medical treatment.
- Embryo transfer in the surrogate mother can take upto a month. Once the pregnancy is confirmed, it takes next 8 months or more till the delivery of the baby.
- So, you can see that surrogacy is a long procedure. You need to have the patience for the complete process.
Understand all the benefits and complications of the single parent surrogacy before proceeding with the procedure to avoid any legal issues.
How to find a surrogate mother as a single man?
Always take the help of surrogacy agency or clinic in finding your matched surrogate mother. Hiring a surrogate mother from an affiliated institute also make sure that you are following legal rules while carrying out the treatment. Surrogacy agencies and centres ensure that you get the best surrogate mother depending on your preferences in terms of looks and qualifications among others.
Can I have a baby with single parent surrogacy if I am a single female?
- Yes. You can turn to single parent surrogacy if you are medically incapable of sustaining a pregnancy for 9 months. In this case, you can have a baby with the help of the donor sperm. The donor sperm can be taken from a male family member or friend who needs to sign a set of documents, which prevents any kind of conflicts in the later stages after the baby, is born.
- Here, the area of the father’s name will be kept blank in the birth certificate. The name of the mother will be that of the single female opting for single parent procedure. Rest of the procedure will remain same like that of the procedure for a single man.
- The eggs from the single mother and the donor sperm are combined together in the lab. Then, the embryo is implanted in the uterus of the surrogate mother. The gynecologist informs the pregnancy success or failure after 2 weeks of embryo transfer.
Which is better single parent surrogacy or adoption?
Each individual has his own opinion regarding the way in which he wants to extend his family. But, if the pros and cons are measured with intelligence then surrogacy is a better solution than adoption. Just in case, if surrogacy is not possible due to unfavorable circumstances, then adoption will be the last option. So, if you want to have a baby with your own DNA then go for single parent surrogacy without giving it a second thought.
Thus, single parent surrogacy is the best option if you are single and wants to have your own child. You just need to prepare yourself at every level i.e. mentally, financially and legally to take the right steps for the successful completion of single parent surrogacy.
With ElaWoman, you can easily find the list of best surrogacy centres in India, which provide single parent surrogacy as well as conventional surrogacy. If you are confused regarding the best surrogacy doctor in your area, Ela is always there to help you in taking the right decision.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- What is surrogacy? surrogacy, Elawoman - 2018
- What is the success rate of using donor eggs? donor egg, Elawoman - 2018
- How much do sperm donors get paid in india? sperm donor, Elawoman - 2018
- What are the functions of uterus? uterus, Elawoman - 2017
- How much does surrogacy cost? cost of surrogacy, Elawoman - 2018
- Ivf procedure in six steps IVF Procedure, Elawoman - 2017
- How to find surrogate mother? surrogate mother, Elawoman - 2018
- Embryo transfer procedure in ivf Embryo transfer, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.