Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Antenatal or Prenatal care is a preventive care provided to a pregnant woman to ensure good health of her baby. Benefits of antenatal care for pregnant women include maintenance of a healthy weight, prevents complications of pregnancy, safe delivery, personal motivation, physical and mental wellness.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Antenatal Care and its benefits:
- What Is Antenatal Care?
- When to Start Antenatal Care?
- Why Need for Antenatal Care?
- What are the Benefits of Antenatal Care?
- Importance of Antenatal Care?
Antenatal care is the type of preventive care, which a pregnant woman receives from the obstetrician or gynecologist. It is also known as pregnancy care or maternity care. Antenatal care is an essential part of pregnancy care and it should be started as soon as you find you are pregnant. At every stage of pregnancy, right care and advice are required as having a healthy pregnancy is the key to promote healthy birth.
Antenatal care is required by every woman whether they have a high-risk pregnancy or not. Antenatal care is done so that both the mother and child are healthy and safe during pregnancy. A pregnant woman requires proper guidance during pregnancy regarding her diet, nutrition, supplements, and medical care. If she finds something unusual then she should visit an obstetrician immediately.
Antenatal care should be started as soon as a woman comes to know that she is pregnant. This ensures that the pregnant woman’s health can be taken care of in the best possible manner.
You must be thinking why does a pregnant woman need antenatal care during pregnancy. Let’s go through the below-mentioned points to know more about the importance of antenatal care.
- To maintain the health of the pregnant woman
- For physical and mental wellness of the child who is about to take birth
- To prepare the pregnant lady for delivery
- Time to time screening to monitor the growth of the baby inside the uterus
- To ensure safe delivery of the baby
- To educate and prepare the mother for the next phase in her life
- For personal motivation and advice for family planning
Antenatal care has many benefits, which encourages good health of both the mother and the child. Some of the additional benefits of antenatal care are summarized below:
- Antenatal care can prevent complications. “A small minority of pregnant women develops complications such as hypertension and diabetes. Early diagnosis means they can be properly monitored and treated.
- Antenatal care provides the explanation of the importance of proper nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding to expecting moms.
- Antenatal classes will help expecting parents to gain insight and get fact based information on pregnancy, birthing options, breastfeeding and caring of a newborn baby so that they can make informed choices.
- Antenatal care also gives partners an opportunity to understand the whole process of pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
Antenatal Care elements
The necessary or essential elements of antenatal care include:
- Detection of any complications in the pregnant woman or her expected child
- Management of pregnancy-related complications
- Treatment of primary or concurrent illness
- Diagnosis of conditions and diseases such as anemia, STDs, HIV infection, mental health problems, and stress
- Preventive measures, including tetanus toxic immunization, de-worming, iron, and folic acid supplementation, intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy
- Advice and support to the woman and her family for developing healthy home behaviors
- Birth and emergency preparedness plan to increase awareness of maternal and newborn health needs
- Importance of self-care during pregnancy and the postnatal period including the need for social support during pregnancy
- Encourage healthy behaviors in the home, including a healthy lifestyle and diet, safety and injury prevention, and support or care in the home
- Support care-seeking behavior, including recognition of danger signs for the woman and the newborn as well as transport and funding plans in case of emergencies
- Help the pregnant woman and her partner prepare emotionally and physically for the birth and care of their baby, particularly preparing for early/ exclusive breastfeeding and essential newborn care
- Promote postnatal family planning/birth spacing
Antenatal Class is the greatest way to prepare a pregnant woman for the birth of a baby and it is also the way whereby you would get the tips on how to look after the baby.
Before you go to the antenatal class you need to know what happens there and what is being taught there.
- You will be taught as what happens when you are in labor pain.
- Various pain relief processes will be taught to you whereby you will get to learn managing minor pains yourself.
- Exercises you should do while you are pregnant and after pregnancy.
- You will get to share your feelings about pregnancy and your journey to pregnancy.
- Caring and feeding the baby after birth.
- You will also get connected to other pregnant women in your circle.
The classes will help you get confident about pregnancy so that it will help you during the delivery as well as post pregnancy. Also, you will get more ideas about various complications you might get and how to deal with them.
Are you looking for some expert advice before getting pregnant? If yes, then read our blog exclusively on Useful Tips Before Getting Pregnant
Good care during pregnancy is the need of a mother because pregnancy is a crucial time for a woman. After you get to know about your pregnancy, get in touch with the doctor and start with the recommended antenatal care regime. This will help the mother and the growing baby to receive the required nutrition and have the desired level of good health.One should never neglect any kind of sickness that occurs to a woman during pregnancy. The necessity of the problem free delivery and health issues for both the mother and the expected baby make antenatal care important. An individual can keep an eye on the movement of the baby and a lot more to ensure her pregnancy is going in the right direction.
Time to time antenatal care appointments should be arranged with your consulting doctor.
Preventing problems for mothers and babies depend on high-quality care before and during pregnancy, childbirth, and the post period. It also depends on the support available to the pregnant women particularly when complications occur. The goal of the antenatal care is to prepare the woman for the birth and parenthood as well as prevent, detect, alleviate, or manage the three types of health problems during pregnancy that affect mothers and babies which includes
- Complications of pregnancy itself
- Pre-existing conditions that worsen during pregnancy
- Effects of unhealthy lifestyles
Antenatal care has reached to more than two-thirds of pregnant women worldwide. Antenatal care has become the need of the time because of rising complications during pregnancy. Multiple individuals or families rely on antenatal care to deliver their child.
However, an imbalance exists, for young, rural, poor, and less educated women as they may not be benefited from antenatal care services or may drop out because of financial barriers. Efforts to strengthen antenatal care should be focused on universal coverage by addressing financial and cultural barriers to reach vulnerable groups, and provide a quality improvement to increase women satisfaction and reduce pregnancy-related problems. Antenatal care needs to reach a large number of women and communities with effective clinical and health promotion interventions so that every section of society can take advantage of antenatal care.
If you want to learn more about pregnancy-related information, then make sure to stay tuned to our fertility and pregnancy blog. You can also read about different infertility treatments at Elawoman.com.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
1. Nutrition intake for pregnant women in terms of calories pregnant woman, Elawoman - 2017
2. Prenatal care first visit - pregnancy care visit frequency pregnancy care, Elawoman - 2018
3. Microscopic anatomy of uterus and functions of uterus in women and pregnancy uterus, Elawoman - 2017
4. 10 most effective pregnancy tips to have a normal delivery - tips for normal delivery safe delivery, Elawoman - 2017
5. How to calculate pregnancy weeks by due date - use gestational age of baby fact based information on pregnancy, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.