Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
18 weeks pregnancy symptoms are swollen limbs, back pain, cramps, varicose veins, as well as first kick of the baby. The size of the baby during 18 weeks pregnancy is similar to that of a capsicum. The size of the baby progresses as the pregnancy moves ahead. The ultrasound image of baby is a pure source of happiness for couples.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About 18 Weeks Pregnancy Symptoms:
At this very moment, even the simplest of all tasks like sleeping on your back may not be as simple as it seems to be. By this time your baby has grown as big as cantaloupe and the uterus has expanded big enough to put high pressure on veins in the posterior part of your abdomen. This strain on your abdomen can cause improper circulation of blood in your body, which can make you feel drowsy or faint. It definitely sounds scary but doesn’t panic! Making small changes in your sleep patterns can save you and your little one from potential pregnancy-related risks. Please read on!
18 Weeks Pregnancy Symptoms
During 18 weeks of pregnancy, your body is super busy in making the baby. It is going to be a super hard period and not so much fun for you. At 18 weeks pregnant, stress and discomfort may keep you awake all night long. Here is a list of symptoms which can trigger during 18 weeks pregnancy.
Swollen feet and hands during 18-week pregnancy can be pretty annoying. However, a steady and mild swelling is absolutely normal. If you notice a sudden and severe swelling with pain or discomfort, call a medical supervisor at the earliest.
Your little bundle of joy is constantly putting a strain on your insides which can cause pain in your back.
During 18 weeks pregnancy abdominal cramps are common. But cramps in the leg may be a sign of dehydration.
So drink plenty of water and keep yourself well hydrated.
The varicose vein is not uncommon when we talk about week 18 pregnancy. Varicose veins refer to a visible web of purple and black swollen veins caused due to extra pressure on the circulatory system. Changing your positions often, avoiding tight clothes, exercising and propping your legs up can help in relieving discomfort.
No matter whether you are blessed with a single baby or fortunate enough to conceive twins, you are more likely to feel sensations resembling the actual kicks rather than tiny fluttering.
- At 18 weeks pregnancy, your belly is constantly expanding and stretching.
- During 18 weeks of pregnancy, you can feel your uterus just below your belly button.
- You may also notice your baby’s movements or may even notice your baby’s hiccups.
During 18 weeks of pregnancy, your mind is working extra hours which can affect your sleep cycle.
At the beginning of week 18 pregnancy, you should make small changes in your sleeping patterns and start sleeping by your side instead of sleeping on your back. Try placing a pillow behind you or under your hip or upper leg for comfort yourself.
What Developments Did Your Baby Make During 18 Week Pregnancy?
- This week your baby has grown about 14 cm long which is almost equal to the size of capsicum.
- When you are 18 weeks pregnant, your baby has acquired an adorable new skill of yawning.
- As the fat accumulates, your baby’s skin has made a shift in appearance and no longer look transparent.
- Your baby’s ears have now moved into position and he or she is all set to acquire his or her hearing abilities.
- Your baby’s nervous system is maturing fast.
- A heartbeat of your baby is now more profound and the doctor no longer needs a special prenatal stethoscope to keep a track record of his or her heartbeats.
The Special Movements
- An ultrasound image of your 18 weeks old baby can leave you with some breathtaking pictures.
- You may feel a gush of excitement chilling through your spine by watching how your baby has developed.
- Depending on the ultrasound you may find out whether it’s a girl or boy. If you are all set to welcome a little fairy, you can figure out that her womb, fallopian tubes, and vagina is in place. If you are all set to get a baby boy as a part of your family, you may get a glimpse of his penis and testicles descending from his pelvis to the scrotum.
Checklist For 18 Weeks Pregnancy
You must not forget to maintain a checklist throughout your pregnancy. Here are some points to note during 18 weeks pregnancy
- Go for light exercise or walks.
- If you are 35 or older, fix an appointment with your doctor to screen for chromosomal or genetic birth defects such as Down’s syndrome.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.