Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Pantocid tablets uses include Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), gastro-duodenal ulcers, infections and inflammations. You can consume pantocid tablet in pregnancy. Pantocid tablet side effects are skin rashes, anorexia, nausea, tiredness, weakness, vomiting, and allergies.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Pantocid Tablet Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Disease Interactions:
- Pantocid (40 mg) Tablet Compositions?
- How to use Pantocid Tablet?
- Pantocid Tablet Uses?
- Pantocid 40 MG Tablet Dosage?
- Side Effects of Pantocid Tablet?
- Disease Interactions with Pantocid 40 MG Tablet?
Pantocid Tablet is categorized under proton pump inhibitor, which is used in the treatment of stomach ulcers, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and other acidity-related disorders. It is used to heal stomach ulcers and decrease the production of acid in the stomach. Pantocid Tablet is safe to use during pregnancy and helps in the relieving acidity commonly associated with it. In India, Pantocid 40 MG Tablets are manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. by the name of Pantocid DSR capsules and are known to be the most effective medicine to reduce the production of stomach acids.
Pan 40 mg tablet is composed of Pantoprazole Sodium Sesquihydrate as the active salt, which inhibits hydroxyl radicals and gastro-acid secretion. Pantocid comes in strips of 15 tablets and does require a doctor’s prescription to purchase.
One should always visit the doctor before taking any kind of medicine and this goes for Pantocid tablets as well. The number of tablets to take, doses per day and the duration of medication is all advised by the doctor. Do not crush the tablet but swallow it whole instead. Pantocid 40 mg Tablet can be taken before or after eating food but it is recommended at a fixed time.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Doctors in the treatment of inflammation and severe ulcers in the esophagus caused by chronic acidity prescribe Pantocid 40 MG Tablets.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Pantocid 40 MG Tablet is used to treat reflux disease, where acid from the stomach climbs up and irritates the food pipe.
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: When combined with other drugs, Pantocid 40 MG Tablet is can be used to treat Helicobacter Pylori infection.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: Sometimes, tumors in small intestines can cause the stomach to produce excessive amounts of acid. Pantocid 40 MG Tablet treats these conditions by bringing down the level of acid in the stomach.
- Gastro-Duodenal Ulcers: Pantocid 40 MG Tablet is very effective in the treatment of ulcers in the stomach (gastric) and small intestines (duodenal). Ulcers caused by stress can also be prevented using this medicine.
- Pantocid 40 MG Tablet During Pregnancy: Pregnancy can cause various imbalances in the body such as the excess release of hormones, frequent acid refluxes, and gastric issues. Pantocid 40 mg tablet during pregnancy helps to balance the release of certain hormones thereby controlling the production of acids in the stomach. They are safe for pregnant women; however, one should consult the doctor before taking it.
- Missed Dose: The missed dose should be taken as soon as possible to avoid any reverse effects. You are advised to skip the missed dose if the scheduled time for the next dose if close. Note: Do not take more than the prescribed dosage.
- Overdose: In case of an overdose, seek emergency medical treatment or contact your doctor immediately. If the doctor suspects an overdose an emergency treatment is initiated.
Apart from its intended effects, Pantocid 40 MG Tablets can sometimes cause side effects. You should seek medical attention immediately in these cases.
- Headache: Pantocid 40 MG Tablet can cause a moderate headache and dizziness, especially in pediatric patients. This is a common experience for new users, children or for people associated with other illnesses.
- Running nose and cough: Pantocid Tablets can cause running nose, cough, blocked nose and breathing difficulties. It can cause irritation to the nasal passage and throat.
- Diarrhea: Though it is used for the treatment of stomach disorders, Pantocid 40 MG Tablet can sometimes cause stomach discomfort including diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence.
- Altered sense of taste: The presence of Pantocid 40 MG in your body can make food taste a little metallic or bitter.
- Nausea or vomiting: Pantocid 40 MG Tablet can cause nausea and vomiting to people who are not used to the medication.
- Unusual tiredness and weakness: Use of Pantocid 40 MG Tablets on the long run can cause tiredness and weakness along with occasional cramps and muscle pain.
- Skin Rash: Pantocid Tablets can cause skin rashes, itchiness and Pruritis like symptoms.
- Anorexia: Excess use of Pantocid 40 MG Tablet causes Anorexia, a disorder when severe loss of appetite results in under-nourishment.
- Allergy: Pantocid 40 MG Tablet is not recommended if you are allergic to Pantoprazole or any other drug under the classification of proton pump inhibitor.
If you are taking Pantocid tablets while you are under medication for other diseases, there is a risk of drug interaction.
If you are undergoing treatment for liver disease, you should report to the doctor for suitable adjustments in the dosage of Pantocid tablet. In this case, the patient should be closely monitored for liver function and appropriate dose adjustments.
Patients with Osteoporosis should be extremely cautious while using Pantocid 40 MG Tablets due to the increased risk of fractures. Adjustments in dosage quantity and clinical monitoring should be strictly followed in such cases.
Pantocid 40 MG Tablet should be used with extreme caution during magnesium level imbalance. The disease or the associated medication can increase the risk of low magnesium levels. The imbalance could occur due to a disease or some other medication being taken. Regular monitoring of magnesium levels, appropriate corrective measures, and dose adjustments are necessary during these interactions.
Some drugs and medicines like Nelfinavir, Digoxin, Ketoconazole, Warfarin, and Phenytoin can interact with Pantocid Tablet. If any usual symptoms, it should be informed to the doctor immediately.
Below mentioned medicines have the same composition and effectiveness as Pantocid 40 MG Tablet, therefore can be used as a substitute drug.
- Pantakind Fast 40 MG Tablet
- Manufacturer: kind Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Panplus 40 MG Tablet
- Manufacturer: Alembic Ltd
- Pantop 40 MG Tablet
- Manufacturer: Pharmaceuticals Pvt.Ltd
Q. What is the onset of action?
A. The effects of Pantocid Tablet can be noticed within an hour of administration.
Q. How long is the duration of effect?
A. The effect lasts for an average of 24 hours after administration.
Q. Are there any pregnancy warnings?
A. Pantocid tablet during pregnancy is not recommended due to lack of evidence.
Q. Is it habit forming?
A. No habit forming or addictions related to the medicine.
Q. Are there any breastfeeding warnings?
A. Pantocid is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers.
Q. Are there any missed dose instructions?
A. The missed dose should be taken as soon possible. The missed dose can be skipped if it's already time for your next scheduled dose.
Q. Are there any overdose instructions?
A. Seek emergency medical treatment or contact your doctor in case of an overdose.
If you suffer from liver diseases, kidney failure, Lupus, allergies, osteoporosis, and hypomagnesemia, take the advice of the doctor before taking Pantocid Tablet. The tablet is also not advised to children below 10 years of age.
There are renowned doctors in India who are specialists in dealing with above-mentioned cases. Infertility experts in IVF and surrogacy are also widely available through our services. If you are looking for pregnancy treatments and IVF specialist, contact us at +917899912611.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.