Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Best home remedies to stop loose motion instantly are probiotics, apple cider vinegar, antibacterial species, potassium rich foods, and citrus fruits. Best ayurvedic treatments for loose motions are also effective in treating loose motions. These home remedies to stop loose motion during pregnancy are efficient in treating diarrhea.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Home Remedies to Stop Loose Motion Immediately:
- Why Loose Motion Happens and How to Treat It?
- Causes of Loose Motion?
- Symptoms of Loose Motion?
- Home Remedies to Stop Loose Motion?
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Loose Motion?
- Remedies of Loose motion as per Ayurveda?
- Other helpful ways to Stop Loose Motion?
Loose Motion also called Diarrhea is a condition in which three or more loose or liquid bowel movements occur in a day. It is one of the most common ailments and is found in every age group, ranging from infants to adults. It is also experienced by pregnant ladies and is seen as a pregnancy symptom due to hormonal imbalances in the body. Loose motion causes electrolyte disturbance and deficiency of water content in the body. Loose motion can also have other effects on the body like paleness of the skin, mood swings, and irritation. (1)
There may be various factors, which could lead to loose motion. Below are most of them (2):
- Bacterial and Viral Infections are the most common reason. Salmonella or Rotavirus virus leads to acute diarrhea among people.
- Ailments, which lead to loose motion, include Ulcerative Colitis (chronic inflammation in the large intestine), Crohns disease and celiac disease.
- Intestinal parasites may also cause loose motion or Diarrhea.
- Indigestion of certain food items such as lactose, sugar, and carbohydrates may result in loose motion.
- Overactive Thyroid glands can also cause loose motion.
- Antibiotics and medicines for blood pressure and those containing magnesium can also lead to diarrhea.
- Frequent watery stool, sometimes with blood or mucus.
- Stomach and abdominal cramps.
- Burning of Anus.
- Low Blood Pressure and Dehydration.
- Depletion of urine quantity.
- Fever with chills in some cases.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Bloating in the abdominal area.
- Weight Loss.
- Constant Thirst. (3)
Loose motion may last up to 3 days. During this period, it leads to water deficiency and loss of nutrients from the body. Loose motion or Diarrhea can also cause gastrointestinal infections and hospitalization in some extreme cases. So, to be safe from such problems here is a list of home remedies. One can use below remedies to be safe from serious ill effects of loose motion. (4)
Yogurt is one of the best sources of probiotic and contains strains of bacteria or healthy bacteria. Some other sources of probiotic food items include kefir lime leaves, kimchi, sauerkraut, tempeh, buttermilk, kombucha, etc. (5)
How to use: Take probiotic-rich food items in the morning especially if you are suffering from loose motion. But avoid overeat them as it may lead to acidity.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural antibiotic. It also helps in fighting with a bacterial attack during loose motion. It helps in fighting against Diarrhea inducing ill organisms in the intestine. (6)
How to use: Drink one glass of warm water, mixed with two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar. Try drinking such prepared mixtures for at least three times a day.
3. Antibacterial Spices:
Turmeric and Cinnamon are natural antibiotics; they can help in fighting with Diarrhea causing organisms. They also improve your bowel system and reduce irritable bowel syndrome. (7)
How to use: Drink one glass of lukewarm water, mixed with half-tablespoon of turmeric or cinnamon at least three times a day till your loose motion doesn't stop.
4. Potassium-rich foods:
Bananas and potatoes contain the highest amount of potassium. They also have pectin content in them, which is a water-soluble fiber hence, leading to absorption of extra liquids in the intestines. Such food items help in preventing the body to pass out excess water and minerals through stool. (8)
How to use: During loose motion, eat a ripe banana in every two hours. You can also eat a raw banana. For this, boil the raw banana and mesh it with rock salt. It will help you raise your taste buds along with preventing loose motion or diarrhea.
5. Citrus Fruits:
There are a variety of citrus food items such as lemon, sweet lime, grapefruits, and grape orange. They help in cleansing toxins, which may build up in the body due to Diarrhea.
How to use: Citrus fruits can be taken anytime through the day. However, you should not take them in empty stomach. Also, avoid taking them at night as it may lead to excess bloating.
In South-East Asia, people consider Ayurveda as a very effective healing process. Ayurveda also has many other benefits for overall health, as there are fewer side effects in Ayurveda. Diarrhea is known as Atisar in Ayurveda. Ayurveda has been helping people from Atisar in very effective and convincing ways. According to Ayurveda, the main causes of Atisar are a weak gastrointestinal system, impure water, and poor dietary supplements. Dietary supplements may include overcooked food items, a combination of warm spices and malnutrition. (9) Ayurveda classifies the causes of Atisar as follows:
- Vataj Atisar (caused by Vayu or air)
- Pittaj Atisar (Caused by gastric biles)
- Kaphaj Atisar (caused by weakness in stamina and suppleness)
- Sanipattik Atisar (mixed characteristics from other mentioned causes)
- Bhaya and Shokaj Atisar (caused by fear and grief)
Ayurveda has divided the remedies for Atisar (loose motion) in the following two ways (10):
- Diet and Lifestyle Changes: As per Ayurveda regular intake of the proper amount of water, avoidance of junk foods and intake of natural food are the best solutions to Atisar. Regular exercise and a fearless and energetic mind also work positively to avoid Atisar.
- Home Remedies: The intake of fruits such as pomegranate, banana, and pineapple on a regular basis gives relief from Atisar. Some other foods such as porridge and rice are suggested with boiled lentils to people with Atisar.
- The most common remedy suggested for Atisar is a regular dose of salt-sugar mixed water throughout the day.
One should not avoid taking salts such as WHO ORS (Oral Rehydration Syrup) during Diarrhea. It is one of the most effective treatments to loose motion.
For serious cases, patients are usually advised to go for Intravenous therapy, Intravenous therapy refers to delivering liquid dietary elements directly to the veins.
- Antibiotics such as Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) have been found to be very helpful.
Interesting Facts about Loose Motion
- People with Diarrhea can lose up to 20 liters of fluids in a day.
- Diarrhea usually lasts for 3 days. But some people can have Diarrhea that may last much longer and sometimes leading to hospitalization.
- The average human intestine is about 8 meters long and gets most affected in case of Diarrhea.
Hope this article helps you resolve your queries regarding Loose Motion and in understanding how to stop loose motion immediately. Follow Elawoman blog to get regular updates on fertility health and treatment.
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.