Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
22 weeks pregnancy is a critical stage of a pregnancy. The body of a pregnant undergoes several changes. 22 week pregnancy symptoms include shinier and thicker hair, rapid growth of hair, stretch marks, darker nipples as well as most prominent size of the baby bump. These symptoms are a good sign of healthy growth of the baby.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Symptoms of 22 Week Pregnant:
- Thick And Shiny Hair
- Body Hair
- Rapid Growth Of Finger Nails
- Skin Changes
- Stretch Marks
- Splotchy Skin
- Darker Nipples and Larger Areolas
- Larger Feet
- Belly at 22 Weeks Pregnant
- As your growing baby strives hard to accommodate in your belly, it can cause stretch marks on your expanding abdomen. These streaks or stretch marks may vary in color and may range from light pink to dark brown depending on your skin type. (2)
- These stretch marks may also appear on thighs, breasts, hips, and buttocks.
- Stretch marks are usually harmless but may cause some discomfort such as itching and irritation. Keeping your skin well moisturized can help relieve itching.
Physical Changes/ Symptoms at 22 Weeks Pregnant
- It’s not that you are growing more hair during this phase; rather you are losing them at a slower pace than you normally do. (5)
- Post pregnancy you will soon start shedding excess hair – which would be almost equal to the pre-pregnancy stage.
- Fun Fact: During this time make sure to visit your hair stylist to get all kinds of new hairstyle – the best time to experiment.
- Androgens or sex hormones are the culprits behind unwanted hair growth on your chin, upper lip, jaw, and cheeks. These little pops can be embarrassing at times. (6)
- You may also notice some patches of stray hair growing on your belly, arms, legs or back.
- Your fingernails may start growing at a rapid pace.
- They may become a little softer or harder depending on your hormones
- Try wearing rubber glove while doing the dishes and keep them well moisturized if they go brittle.
- On our survey we found many women saying that their skin looked amazingly beautiful while they were 22 weeks pregnant. If you are one of those lucky women, then enjoy the proverbial pregnancy glow.
- While some expecting mothers may be blessed with the glow, on the other hand, many others are likely to get acne prone skin as well. If you are one of them, wash your face twice a day with acne control face wash. (7)
- During 22 weeks of pregnancy, your belly expands continuously as the baby strives hard to accommodate in your uterus. (8)
- You may experience striations of varying colors as a result of tiny tears or breakage in the supporting tissue lying under your skin.
- An increased level of melanin may result in skin discoloration or patchy skin, especially on your face. (9)
- These spots may intensify if you spend more time outdoors.
- During 22 weeks of pregnancy, you may notice your areolas growing dark and big.
- The little bumps on your areolas will now get more prominent and will actively engage in lubrication of skin and in fighting off harmful bacteria.
- The lax ligaments or the loose ligaments are responsible for making your feet spread a bit.
- Because you are carrying a few extra pounds during 22-week pregnancy, swelling in your feet can make your shoes feel tight as well. It will return to normal after childbirth.
- Remember a simple rule that each body is different and each woman grows and shows at a different pace during pregnancy. At 22 weeks of pregnancy, your belly can measure around 20 to 24 centimeters from pelvic bone to the top of the uterus.
- At 22 weeks of pregnancy, you are more likely to put on the extra weight and your obstetrician may suggest you go slow with the weight gain by controlling your diet.
Hows Your Baby Doing?
- At week 22 pregnancy, your baby measures around 11 inches and weighs around 1 pound. Your little bean has now grown as big as spaghetti squash.
- Your newborn is now more looking like a miniature newborn with eyelids, hips, and eyebrows.
- The little one has already begun to form tiny tooth buds beneath the gums.
- His or her eyes are still fused but by week 22 pregnancies, the baby is able to differentiate between dark and light.
- Your baby’s eyes are now developed but still lack deep pigmentation in their iris.
Ultrasound Image of 22 Weeks Fetus
- A mid-pregnancy ultrasound image of your baby can give you a glimpse of the baby’s all major organs. However, it’s very difficult to demarcate all as it not very clear on the ultrasound.
- Now the baby’s lips and eyes are more developed which now make him or she look more like a newborn.
Track Your Baby’s Sleep Cycle
During 22 week pregnancy, your baby sleeps in cycles which can last about 12 to 14 hours per day. This is usually the reason that mothers don't start feeling those kicks during this phase. However, you still can start charting your baby’s sleep pattern by noticing small movements inside your tummy. Such data might not be so useful to analyze from Science side, however, there are mothers who have reported that this is exactly the pattern they use for the first quarter after they step into the new world. (10)
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ 22 Weeks Pregnant: Symptoms, Tips, and More - Healthline Healthline.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Stretch marks: Causes and treatments - Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Your Changing Body Week by Week | Parents Parents.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Thick or Frizzy Hair During Pregnancy | What to Expect Whattoexpect.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Changes to Hair During Pregnancy | Pregnancy Birth and Baby Pregnancybirthbaby.org.au, 02 July 2019
- ^ Fetal Hair, Skin and Nails | What to Expect Whattoexpect.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Skin Changes During Pregnancy - American Pregnancy Association Americanpregnancy.org, 02 July 2019
- ^ Pregnancy Stretch Marks: Types of Treatment, Prevention, and More Webmd.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ Skin Conditions During Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 02 July 2019
- ^ How to Set Good Sleep Patterns for Your Baby | Webmd Webmd.com, 02 July 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.