Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Cesarean section is a surgical procedure to deliver a baby when a normal delivery is not possible. It is done in cases of high-risk pregnancies with complications like a breech baby, Preeclampsia and in cases of premature labor. Good nutrition, regular exercise and lots of water are some ways to avoid C-section.
A suitable method of delivery for a mother-to-be is a crucial decision that is made after a lot of thinking and discussion about both pros and cons that it may bring. Caesarean section is a relatively modern method of delivering baby. A few decades back, cesarean section was a relatively rare procedure of delivering a baby. With increasing maternal complications and, and less pain endurance in women, 1 out of 3 females give birth with the help of C-section procedure. A cesarean section may be a comfortable way to deliver a baby, but under high-risk circumstances, it comes with its own set of short term and long-term risks to the health of the mother and the baby. Usually, health of a mother is affected in the long term if she opts for cesarean section. Therefore, if you are a soon-to- be mother who is keen on steering clear of a c-section delivery, this article introduces various ways to avoid it.
Before we proceed with the ways on how to avoid cesarean sections, it is important to know that why a soon-to-be-mother needs to avoid cesarean section for delivery in the first place.
- It is a major abdominal surgery. At the time of taking the baby out of the mother’s womb, incisions are made on different muscles present in and around the abdomen. This can create high discomfort at a later stage.
- The recovery time is longer in cases of cesarean section delivery. Therefore, newly mothers find it difficult to breastfeed their babies in an uncomfortable condition.
- The stay in the hospital is longer in case of the cesarean section delivery. Mother and baby have to be in the hospital for at least 3 days after the delivery.
- Some of the commonly occurring complications in case of C-section delivery are infections, vomiting, severe headaches as well as bowel problems like constipation.
- At the time of bringing the baby out of the mother’s womb, there are high chances of the bladder getting affected. Therefore, the mother might face difficulty in normal urination for some days.
- It is also observed that babies born with the cesarean section have immature lungs as well as breathing problems after birth.
- The recovery time is around four to six weeks in case of cesarean section deliveries.
These are some of the crucial reasons, which make it essential for pregnant women to plan for a natural delivery as much as possible.
The idea of a C-section can make any women anxious during the third trimester of her pregnancy. While no one can guarantee whether any one will end up on an operating table, one can try in the various possible ways to prevent delivering via a cesarean section method.
Here are some of the most prominent ways with the help of which you can avoid cesarean section delivery:
During the period of pregnancy
1. Maintain nutrition:
Do not go hungry and do not overeat. Studies have shown that gaining too much weight can lead to cesarean section. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you take up proper measures to ensure that your weight remains controlled during pregnancy tenure.
2. Regular exercises
It is safe to engage in regular, moderate intensity exercises but only under consultation of thegynecologist, nutritionist and fitness trainer.
3. Indulge in childbirth classes:
It is always useful to indulge in childbirth classes. Read a few books or even read blogs and on websites to know how to go through the process of childbirth.
The best way to de-stress is to talk about your fears and concerns with your health care provider or a family member. You can even join yoga sessions or laughing groups to ensure that your stress hormones are controlled throughout the pregnancy period. This keeps a healthy and happy atmosphere around you and prevents increase in the stress levels of the body.
5. If the baby is in breech, go for a spin:
If your baby is in breech and you are at least 36 weeks pregnant, you may be a candidate for a procedure called the External Cephalic Version (ECV). This is done by applying pressure on the mother’s abdomen to bring the baby into head down position. This improves the chances of delivery a baby in a natural way.
Near the End of Pregnancy
1. Avoid labor induction:
Women who undergo labor induction are at a higher risk of undergoing a caesarean section than those who wait for it to begin spontaneously. It is best advised to avoid induction unless your doctor identifies a medical reason for it and makes it necessary in your respective delivery case.
2. Consider waiting on the epidural, at least in the early stage:
Epidural helps a mother greatly at the time of delivery. Epidural form of anesthesia ensures that the mother does not require general anesthesia. Epidural injection will keep the mother awake and let her participate in the delivery of the baby.
3. Consider a doula or a childbirth coach:
A doula is trained to provide non-medical support. A doula can provide a constant physical, mental and informational support to the mother. She provides help with better positioning, hydration, coaching and supporting through each uterine contraction keeping you comfortable.
4. Be prepared for the possibility of a prolonged labor:
For most first time mothers, it takes lot of patience and number of hours to deliver a baby. It is natural for women to grow impatient in this period. It is important to keep in mind that the first stage of labor can last from 6 hours up to 20 hours. Pregnant women need to prepare their minds since the start to cope up with the long and tedious procedure of giving birth to baby. You can consult your gynecologist to know your delivery type in detail. This will help you to avoid cesarean delivery successfully. If intervention is required in the pushing phase of force exertion, use of vacuum or forceps by a trained and experienced provider is a safer alternative to a cesarean section.
5. Ask for intermittent monitoring:
Continuous monitoring restricts a woman to move around which is not much useful in the process of childbirth. As for intermittent monitoring, it is definitely a preferred option. Your doctor can still get to check how the baby is responding to labor. Monitoring the health of baby ensures that the delivery occurs in a hassle free manner.
- If you have already had a cesarean section in the past, find an expert gynecologist and an established hospital that supports VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean section).
Thus, these are some of the most commonly utilized and proven ways to avoid cesarean section delivery. You can consult your gynecologist and express your desire to avoid cesarean section delivery. This will help you to deliver your baby successfully via natural delivery without any difficulty. Additionally, for concerns about IVF, IUI or surrogacy treatment and centers, call us at +917899912611.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Normal delivery vs c section - pros and cons Caesarean section, Elawoman - 2018
- Proven weight loss tips gaining too much weight, Elawoman - 2018
- Know all about gynecology and gynecologists gynecologist, Elawoman - 2017
- Tips for normal delivery pregnancy period, Elawoman - 2018
- Benefits of natural child birth delivery delivery a baby in a natural way, Elawoman - 2018
- Benefits of natural child birth delivery delivery case, Elawoman - 2018
- Best pregnancy tips to help you have a normal delivery delivery of the baby, Elawoman - 2017
- Causes, symptoms and treatment of bicornuate uterus uterine, Elawoman - 2018
- Calorie intake for pregnant women Pregnant women, Elawoman - 2017
- What is ivf (in- vitro fertilization)? IVF, Elawoman - 2018
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.