Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Metrogyl 400 has several uses such as Amebiasis, Trichomoniasis, and Bacterial infections. Metrogyl 400 has side effects such as appetite loss, skin rashes, abdominal pain, constipation, and yellow colored eyes. Metrogyl 400 tablet with water is used to treat loose motions in patients.
Metrogyl 400 is an antibacterial and antifungal medicine. It is used to cure infections, especially in the stomach and genital areas. It is composed of an antibiotic called metronidazole, which fights bacteria inside the body. This medicine comes in both forms of tablet and capsule. Metrogyl 400 is an antiprotozoal, which is used to treat infections caused by protozoans in the body. It is also suggested for couples that are facing issues with the sperm reaching the eggs, as it removes infections in genital areas. (1) (2)
Metrogyl 400 Uses
Metrogyl 400 is used in the following cases:
- Amebiasis: It is a parasitic infection of the parasites.
- Trichomoniasis: It is a very common Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
- Bacterial Vaginosis: It is a common infection in women. It is not actually a bacterial infection but rather an imbalance of bacteria that are normally present in the vagina.
- Bacterial infections: It is also effective in many bacterial infections.
- It also prevents infections caused after any person goes through surgery.
- It can also treat infected leg ulcers and pressure sores. (3)
Metrogyl 400 Dosage
Metrogyl 400 dosage depends upon:
- The needs of the patient and the illness being treated.
- The duration of the treatment will also depend upon the type of illness and its intensity.
- To treat bacterial infection in adults the initial dose is 800 mg.
- After 8 hours you should take another dose of 400mg. You may need to repeat this dose every 8 hours (4)
Metrogyl 400 Side Effects
Long-term use of Metrogyl 400 can cause many side effects. So, you are advised to consult your doctor before taking the medicine. If there is something serious after the intake of the medicine, then go to the doctor immediately. Here is the list of side effects that can be caused by Metrogyl 400. (5)
- Agitation: In this case, patients start feeling anxiety or are nervous. Long time use of Metrology 400 can cause this.
- Blurred Vision: Blurred vision can be caused in one eye or in both eyes.
- Skin Rash: If you consume the tablet for a very long time or in excessive amount, then it can cause rashes on some parts of your skin.
- Vaginal Agitation: Vaginal Agitation occurs when vaginal tissues become sore.
- Appetite Loss: Appetite loss is also one of the side effects of Metrogyl 400. It can eventually lead to undernourishment.
- Yellow Coloured eyes: Your eyes will become pale and yellow. It can also cause a change in skin color.
- Constipation: It is a condition where you will feel difficulty in emptying the bowels. Passing fewer stools than usual is also a sign of constipation.
- Abdominal Pain: It is one of the side effects of taking any medicine in excessive amount. You will start feeling pain in the stomach or in other parts of the body.
- Thirsty: In this case, a person will feel thirsty all the time or have a dry mouth.
- Change in Taste: You will not feel any taste or may feel metallic taste.
- Fever and Chill: You will feel cold and have signs of fever.
- Burning of Hands and Feet: Excessive use of Metrogyl 400 will make your hands and feet feel hot all the time.
- Convulsions: It is a medical condition where the body muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly. It can cause uncontrolled shaking of the body.
Metrogyl 400 Precautions
There are some precautions to be kept in mind before taking the medicine. (6)
- Metrogyl 400 does not work in case of viral infections such as flu, common cold, etc. So, the unnecessary use of antibiotic should be avoided during such episodes.
- People allergic to metronidazole or nitroimidazoles should avoid taking Metrogyl 400
- People suffering from active neurological disorders should also avoid taking Metrogyl 400.
- If anyone has a history of blood disease, hypothyroidism or hypoadrenalism then he or she should not take this medicine.
- Metrogyl 400 may interfere with certain laboratory tests, such as serum AST, SGPT, LDH, triglycerides, and glucose hexokinase and ALT, SGOT.
Ways to take Metrogyl 400
- Metrogyl 400 should be taken with normal water. It can also be taken with a homemade solution of salt, sugar, and water.
- It is advised to never take it with Alcohol, as it can cause adverse effects like severe headaches, nausea, and vomiting. (7)
Metrogyl 400 Symptoms
Metrogyl 400 For Loose Motion
Loose motion also called as diarrhea is a medical term used for the frequent loss of stools or liquid bowel movements. More than seven billion cases of diarrhea are registered every year around the globe. The most severe effect of diarrhea is dehydration. In this case, the patient loses most of the water from their body. If not medicated immediately, it can also cause death due to lack of water. Metrogyl 400 fights against the bacteria, which enters the body through contaminated food or water. So in this way, it helps against diarrhea.
Metrogyl 400 for Pregnant Ladies
Pregnant ladies should always consult their doctor before consumption of any medicine. Metrogyl 400 is considered safe during pregnancy. Still you should never take a chance and always consult your doctor.
Metrogyl 400 When Feeding a Baby
You should always inform your family doctor if you are breastfeeding your child. As in the case of feeding, any medicine taken by you will cause an effect on the child. Here it is advisable to withhold lactation while you consume Metrogyl 400. A lactating mother can alternatively opt to pump and discard human milk as long as she is consuming Metrogyl 400. You should take rest for up to 48 hours after the course and then only feed your child. (9)
Metrogyl 400 Substitutes
Below is a list of medicines, which have the same composition and strength as Metrogyl 400 MG Tablet. So, these medicines can be used as a replacement to Metrogyl 400:
- Ball 400 MG Tablet by Micro Labs Ltd.
- Emma 400 MG Tablet by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Flagyl 400 MG Tablet by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Metron 400 MG Tablet by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Unimezol 400 MG Tablet by Unichem Laboratories Ltd. (10)
Metrogyl 400 - Food Items to be avoided
The following food items must be avoided with Metrogyl 400 as they can lead to harmful effects:
- Grape Seed
- Green tea
Hope this article gave you all the details about Metrogyl 400 along with the uses, precautions, side effects, and composition. If you have any questions related to pregnancy then please reach Ela at +918929020600.
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.