PCOD PCOS Indian Diet should be full of fiberes, folic acids, proteins and green vegetables. In PCOD, hormonal imbalance causes various complications and so a Weight Loss Diet Plan in PCOS becomes utmost important.
KNOW ABOUT PCOD
PCOD or also known as PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Syndrome) is a medical problem in women. It causes hormonal imbalance and affects ovulation. Adequate weight loss and having proper nutritious food in PCOD diet can balance the hormones and ovulation. In PCOD, Androgens, usually called male hormones are produced more than the female reproductive hormones- estrogens and progesterone. As a result, cysts are developed in the ovaries and they disturb the release of eggs. This is the main cause of infertility in women.
In India, PCOD is very common. 5%-10% of the childbearing aged (15-44 years) women have this syndrome. PCOD can be treated medically but following certain diet plan can also work well. PCOD diet should be full of fibers, folic acids, proteins and green vegetables. Moreover, diet depends upon the type of body and its mechanism. In PCOD, hormonal imbalance causes various complications like irregular menstrual cycles, weight gain or loss, excessive hair growth and improper ovulation. During this, the eggs are produced with follicles which do not mature and block the release of eggs, too.
PCOD diet should be treating this hormonal imbalance. In India, we have so much of naturally growing nutritional food that can help in treating PCOD. Overweight and improper eating habits elevate the problem of PCOD. Regular exercise and proper diet can regulate menstrual cycles and improve ovulation. As per the report of diet experts, many women have overcome this problem by simply losing some weight and following a healthy diet.
- The most important part to be taken care of is Glycaemic Index (GI). The pcod diet should contain food item that controls the increasing level of this glycaemic index. PCOD diet should have green vegetables and lots of protein rich food.
- Breakfast- The day should start with a healthy and nutritious food, especially for the one suffering with PCOD. For a healthy breakfast, cereals, cornflakes, wheat flakes, oats, milk with low fat and sprouted grams will be ideal. It will help in losing weight.
- Seasonal Fruits, grams, lahiya are some light snacks which can be taken throughout the day at regular intervals. They enhance the metabolism of the body by 30%.
- It is very important to include liquid food items in the diet. Low fat milk and fresh fruit / vegetable juices are preferred for regulating menstrual cycles and eliminating fat from the body.
- Lunch- An ideal PCOD diet would have two vegetables (one has to be leafy), two roti (multi grain is preferable), curds, salads and must include protein rich food like pulses, rajma or beans.
- Tea Time- Green Tea has high anti-inflammatory property and so it can reduce the complications of PCOD. Beverages must not be taken empty stomach as they produce acidity.
- Dinner- In PCOD, One bowl of fresh soup with a platter full of leafy salad will stimulate the proper functioning of the nervous system. It will reduce stress and anxiety as well. Dinner should be light and nutritious so that the next morning one should feel fresh and fit and light.
EXCLUDE THESE FROM DIET IN PCOD
- Carbonated drinks and Junk foods should be avoided completely. They increase the level of bad cholesterol and this leads into a rapid weight gain.
- Dairy Products should not be included as they vitalize testosterone. In PCOD, Androgens are already stimulated and so the dairy products can have a negative impact. They can multiply the rate of imbalanced hormone. Avoid them.
- Red meat should not be taken as it is a fat-rich food and will lower down the metabolism of the body. It can result in weight gain up to 50%.
- Raw sugar, processed food and additives to be completely excluded from diet in PCOD. They will lead to inflammation and complications in the treatment.
- Alcohol and Excessive coffee must be kept out of menu. They adversely affect fertility in women and should not be a part of diet in PCOD.
- With the follow-up of a proper diet, it is very important to exercise regularly. Exercises will help in burning calories which will maintain the weight. It will also regulate menstrual cycles and will help in proper ovulation.
- Yoga and Meditation should be a part of daily routine. As per a research, 24 million people in the US do yoga and are benefited. It will help in releasing the toxics from the body. It will elevate the mind and body to a comfortable state.
| 8-9 AM
|| Cereals, Oats, Cornflakes , Fresh fruit juices
| 12-2 PM
|| Multi grain or simple Atta roti, leafy vegetables ,curd, Rajma-bean salad
| 4-5 PM
|| Green tea with gram, lahiya
| 8-9 PM
|| Fresh soup with leafy salads
In all, following a healthy diet plan and maintaining weight is proven helpful in fighting with PCOD.