Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Emergency Contraceptive Pills such as iPill and Unwanted 72 are the most effective contraceptive pills. These medications are the answer to how to avoid pregnancy. I-Pill side effects include weight gain, mood swings, blood clot formation, and hormonal imbalances. Women must learn the right way about how to use ipill.
If you had a session of unprotected sex, and not looking forward to getting pregnant, the emergency contraceptive is something to think about especially when you are not on regular birth control. There are medicines, which can help you avoid unwanted pregnancy even when you take them in a short notice period of seventy-two hours of having sex. This article gives all the necessary details about I pill and Unwanted 72. These are two of the most commonly used emergency contraceptive methods worldwide. These pills are also known as morning-after pills and are very popular among women for avoiding pregnancy on an emergency basis. (1)
Protected Sex is Always Best to Avoid Pregnancy
Pregnancy is considered as the best phase in a woman’s life. This is a transition phase where she changes from a pampered girl to a mature and caring woman. However, this is again a choice. A woman has the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not. Therefore, for those who think that there is still time to start a family, emergency contraception is one effective way to avoid pregnancy even after not being on birth control and having unprotected sex. The fear of conception can cause unwanted emotions like guilt, anxiety, regret, and irritation, hence having these pills as a quick solution at hand can be of great help. (2)
Normally, when we go to the market there are a plethora of emergency contraceptive pills. However, medical research has proved that I pill and unwanted 72 are the best among them. These two are the products of Cipla-one, one of the most well-known pharmaceutical companies producing effective birth control medicines worldwide. (3)
1. How do I-Pill and Unwanted 72 Work?
The mechanism involved in these pills works in two ways:
- They either stop an egg released from ovaries to be fertilized by the sperm.
- It can also prevent the sperm from fertilizing the egg.
In any case, it does not allow the egg to be fertilized by a sperm and get attached to the womb.
2. How to Use I-pill and Unwanted 72
It is essential to know about medicine before consuming it hence you should know about the instructions to take these pills for desired results.
- These pills should be taken within 72 hours of intercourse. Once this period is over, they do not work.
- When a woman takes this tablet, they should stop taking other birth control pills for that day. They can resume other pills the day after.
- It comes as an oral tablet. It should always be taken after having some food. (4)
3. Side Effects of I-Pill and Unwanted 72
Unwanted 72 and I-pill are very effective and widely used emergency birth control. However, in spite of their intended uses and safe consumption, there are many side effects caused by them. Here is the list of side effects that can be caused by I-pill and unwanted 72:
- Breathing problems:
- Chest pain
- Blood clot formation
- Weight gain
- It can reduce sexual interest
- Leads to rashes
- Nausea, headache, and various hormonal imbalances
- Abdominal pain and Cramps
- A blurring of vision, redness or swollen eyes
- Hair loss
- Mood swings
4. I-Pill and Unwanted 72 Precautions
There are some precautions that you might keep in mind before taking these pills:
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding: If you suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, then you should not take this medicine.
- Allergy: If you have been allergic to levonorgestrel or any other component present along with it, then you should not take the risk by the consumption of this medicine. (5)
- Breast Cancer: If you have or ever had breast cancer, then this medicine is not for you.
- Stroke: If you face any bleeding disorder of the brain or have suffered any stroke in the past, then it is wise to not to take these pills.
- Blood Clotting Disorder: Women, who have a blood clotting disorder, should not use these contraceptive pills.
- Porphyria: It is a rare genetic disorder of the blood and lymphatic system. If you have it, then try to avoid contraceptive pills.
- Liver or Kidney Impairment: This medicine should be used with caution if you have an impaired liver or kidney The use of this medicine should be stopped if you see symptoms like jaundice, edema.
- Diabetes: This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from diabetes. You should have more frequent monitoring of the blood sugar levels while taking this medicine. (6)
5. The Effectiveness of I-Pill and Unwanted 72
- I-pill and unwanted 72 has ninety- five percent chances of preventing a pregnancy successfully.
- Rest five percent is at risk.
6. I-Pill and Unwanted 72 Dosage
- There is two recommended dosage for I-pill and unwanted 72. You should take the first one as soon as possible. After the consumption of first, take the second one 12 hours later. The first dose must be taken within 72 hours (three days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take the medicine, the better it works. (7)
- If you throw up the medicine within one hour of taking it, you need to take another dose. You should not take any extra contraceptive pills. It will not decrease the chance of getting pregnant but can cause some adverse effects.
7. I-Pill and Unwanted 72 Price
75 for a single pill
80 for a single pill
8. I-Pill and Unwanted 72 Interactions
Taking I-pill or unwanted 72 can affect the menstrual cycle. It can delay the next cycle or cause it to come early. There can also be heave flow as an effect of the pills. Cramps or pain can increase.
You should avoid or minimize the consumption of alcohol if you are taking this medicine. You should also consult a doctor regarding the same.
With Pregnant Women
This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women. Even if you are planning a baby in the near future, they also avoid having these medicines. This medicine should be taken only if you do not want a baby in the near future.
This medicine can be used by women who breastfeed. However, you should consult your doctor before taking it.
Things to know About I-Pill and Unwanted 72
- These pills are a way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and not abortion pills. Therefore, they should not be taken by women who have already conceived
- These are different from daily birth control pills like Femilon. You should take them only in case of emergency.
- Femilon Tablet is used for oral contraception. It prevents pregnancy, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and recurrent miscarriages. It does not work as 72-hour emergency pills.
- I-pill and unwanted 72 are hormones inducing pills. They affect menstruation cycle but they do not complicate it if not taken on a regular basis.
- These pills cannot protect from HIV/AIDS or other STD (sexually transmitted diseases).
- You do not require a medical prescription to buy these pills.
Hope this article gave you all the details about I-pill and unwanted 72. Follow Elawoman blog to get all the latest updates regarding infertility, IVF and surrogacy-related information. You can also call on the given number for any pregnancy or infertility related issue- +918929020600.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Unwanted 72 uses - Augusta freepress Augustafreepress.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Emergency Contraceptive Pills - New Indian Express Newindianexpress.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Unwanted 72 - Economictimes Indiatimes Economictimes.indiatimes.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Contraception - The Health Site Thehealthsite.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Mankind Pharma Thehealthsite.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Emergency Contraceptive Pill - Princeton Ec.princeton.edu, 03 May 2019
- ^ Action Ordered Against Illegal Sale of Abortive Contraceptive Pills Kashmirreader.com, 03 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.