Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Help yourself finding out if you have any of these signs of a normal menstrual cycle such as a regular cycle, presence of cervical mucus, absence of PMS etc. through this article.
What is a Menstrual Cycle?
Menstrual Cycle is a process of changes through which a woman’s body undergoes every month. One of the ovaries releases egg in the fallopian tube and wait there to meet a sperm for the process of fertilization. If the sperm does not fertilize the egg, uterus sheds it’s lining in the form of blood, which flows out through the vaginal opening. This is called menstrual bleeding or the menstruation. A normal menstrual cycle repeats itself after every 28 or 30 days. The menstrual cycle varies from woman to woman. Some women may have a short cycle with duration of less than 21 days and some women may get a longer cycle with duration of more than 35 days. Irregular or abnormal menstrual cycles are one of the major factors causing infertility in women. They can even cause diseases like PCOD, which can even lower down your chances to conceive. Women between 25 to
38 years of age should have a normal menstrual cycle. You should maintain a healthy weight as being overweight or underweight can trigger various Health related complications like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
What are the symptoms of a Normal Menstrual Cycle?
An irregular menstrual cycle can lead to severe complications while you try to conceive and lower down your chances of getting pregnant. Every woman should know the symptoms of a normal menstrual cycle in order to avoid anyhealth relatedissue while planning a baby.
- Your Cervical Mucus changes throughout the menstrual cycle due to proper functioning of hormones.
- PMS (Pre-menstrual Syndrome) is not your cup of tea. Due to proper hormonal balance, you dont experience any of pre-menstrual symptoms if you have a normal menstrual cycle.
- The duration of menstrual cycle varies woman to woman. A normal menstrual cycle lasts for 2 to 7 days. During the first three days of menstruation you are more likely to experience heavy bleeding and during the last 2 or 3 days the bleeding will be lighter or it may completely stop. However, the bleeding should not continue for less than 2 days or more than 8 days. If you experience bleeding for less than 2 days or more than 8 days, you should consult your doctor at the earliest.
- A normal menstrual cycle is counted from first day of the previous menstrual cycle to the first day of your next period, covering a length of almost 28 to 30 days. It may exceed up to 35 days and may be less than 21 days depending upon your body.
- Your menstrual blood is bright red in colour and looks like cranberry juice, which is a sign of adequate blood flow to your pelvic region.
- You do not bleed other times apart from your period days if you have a normal healthy menstrual cycle due to abundance of progesterone hormones in your body.
What Factors Can Cause Irregular Menstrual Cycle?
An irregular menstrual cycle may be caused due to various factors. Some of the most common causes of irregular menstrual cycle include-
- Having an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Changing birth control pills or using certain medications.
- Too much exercise.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
- Thickening of or polyps on the uterine lining.
- Uterine fibroids.
How to get Normal Menstrual Cycle?
1- Diet Plan
You can induce a normal menstrual cycle or regulate your period by following a proper diet plan. You must include green leafy vegetables, fresh fruit juices and iron-rich foods like rajma, beans, grams to regulate your menstrual cycles.
With a proper diet plan, you need to follow an exercise regime also. However, heavy exercises can cause injuries and may also cause hormonal imbalance due to which you may experience irregular periods. Exercises like light crunches, stretches and aerobics can help you get a normal menstrual cycle.
3- Avoid Excess Caffeine and Alcohol Intake
You must avoid taking too much caffeine and alcohol. These food items can disturb your hormonal balance and may affect your menstrual cycle. Alcohol can even cause severe complications in pregnancy and may lead to infertility.
4- Avoid Stress
You must also avoid stress and anxiety to have a normal menstrual cycle. Over thinking and tension may lead to high blood pressure, which is not healthy for menstruation period. You can practice Yoga and Meditation to release your stress and regulate your hormones.
These techniques can also help you to regulate your menstrual cycles and can even assist you in planning a healthy pregnancy.
5- Stop Taking Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are considered as one of the safe and affordable method for preventing unwanted pregnancies. However the hormonal composition of birth control pills may affect hormonal levels of your body and can make your periods irregular. If you are planning to get pregnant soon then it is advised to stop taking contraceptives few months before you try to conceive.
Hope this article has helped to resolve your queries on signs of a normal menstrual cycle. Follow Elawoman to get regular updates on fertility health and treatment.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- What can be the reason behind getting my periods early menstrual bleeding, Elawoman - 2017
- Widal test before trying to conceive planning a baby, Elawoman - 2017
- Natural remedies for polycystic ovary syndrome pcos Polycystic ovary syndrome, Elawoman - 2017
- Drinking alcohol and trying to conceive alcohol, Elawoman - 2017
- How stress affects pregnancy stress, Elawoman - 2017
- Menstrual cycle and fertility Menstrual Cycle and Fertility, Elawoman - 2017
- Menstruation and menstrual cycle - all you want to know Menstruation and Menstrual Cycle - All You Want to Know, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.