Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome generally is known as PCOS is one of the most complex female health issues that arise due to the changing and hectic lifestyle of women. It is the most common endocrine disorder in women. PCOS might also be accompanied by other health problems or by a variety of different health issues with women, many of which directly impact fertility or make women infertile. Classic PCOS comes up with obesity, polycystic ovaries (multiple cysts that look like a strand of pearls), absent or irregular menstrual cycle or irregular periods and elevated levels of androgens. Not all women who have diagnosed with PCOS will be also diagnosed with these issues though.
What are the causes of PCOS?
Doctors are not sure of the causes of PCOS, but information related to PCOS suggests that there are several links between PCOS including genes, possible abnormal insulin resistance, fetal development and inflammatory response contributing to the cause. You should know that insulin resistance plays a key role in PCOS, but what leads to the development of PCOS has not been pinned down yet. PCOS is also negatively affected by unhealthy diet, lifestyle factors, and exposure to certain environmental toxins and chemicals. PCOS directly affects fertility, but PCOS has serious health implications as well, especially if PCOS is left untreated or medications are not continued.
1. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been found in supplementation and improvement of the menstrual cycle in women with PCOS. This organic herb can help reduce insulin resistance in women with PCOS. If your period cycle is irregular then try to add cinnamon to your diet to avoid period problems.
3. Spearmint Tea:Spearmint tea if taken early in the morning can also help deal with PCOS due to its anti-androgenic properties. It has been observed that drinking spearmint tea can help reduce hirsutism, or excess body hair growth or unusual growth of hair, by reducing free and total testosterone levels and increasing luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels. Spearmint also helps with irregular periods or period problems.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is very beneficial for treating with PCOS because it helps control blood sugar level and keeps your body safe from producing too much insulin that may develop issues. Less insulin production means less testosterone. With this, it will help you lose weight and improve your health. Apple cider vinegar also helps with irregular periods or period problems.
5. Fenugreek: Fenugreek simply promotes glucose metabolism in the body and improves insulin resistance in the body. This helps balance your hormones nicely. Fenugreek may also help lower your cholesterol levels, promote healthy heart functioning and aid weight loss.
6. Saw Palmetto: This herb acts as an anti-androgen, simply blocks 5-alpha-reductase activity and reduces the conversion of the testosterone into a more active form called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Saw Palmetto may help prevent hirsutism or excessive hairiness in women at unusual places with PCOS. Naturopaths often suggest this herb for treating the PCOS because it helps correct the hormonal imbalance. Saw palmetto also helps with irregular periods or period problems.
7. Chasteberry: Chasteberry is a herb best known for treating the PCOS and treating infertility caused due to a hormonal imbalance. Chasteberry is a great hormone-balancing herb and chaste berry is also used as a remedy for menstrual cycle problem and cramping.
8. Fish Oil: Fish oil, being loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, it helps reduce androgen and improve insulin sensitivity. Omega-3 fatty acids improve the symptoms of PCOS and help in treating PCOS by balancing androgen levels. With this, including fatty fish in your diet or can be taken once a week or taking fish oil supplements can help you decrease inflammation, reduce the body fat and also fight against chronic diseases. Saw palmetto also helps with irregular periods or period cycle.
Learn all the useful information on menstruation and menstrual cycle including signs of menstruation, problems associated with menstruation in this article.
Find all information related to Crocin Advance Tablets along with its uses, benefits, composition and side effects. Also explore the benefits and usages of Crocin Advance Tabletto treat mild to severe cramps during and before menstruation.