Menstruation can be very painful.There are lots of period problems like cramps, mood swings and bloating during your period cycle or menstruation cycle.
Periods or menstrual cycle can be nervy cramps or painful time for any woman. Here is the way how you can beat mood swings and other problems during your period problems. The menstrual cycle time of the month and you are already feeling those painful effects of your period problems like back pain, abdominal pain, acne. Irritability, bloating, weakness and acne; everything at the time of menses seems to be going wrong. Well, don’t fret around we have some awesome tips that will keep you calm, comfortable and cool during menses of the month.
1. Indulge in some self-pampering: The menstrual period cycle is the best time when you can invest in that relaxing foot massage, back massage or neck massage or just get into the soothing effects of a good aromatherapy treatment that will keep you calm and soothe. Surround yourself with some soothing music and scents or perfumes that will chill your mind and nerves so that you don't get the mood swings. A relaxing environment makes a calmer you in those days when you are bleeding.
2. Give in to your food cravings: During your menstrual cycle time of the month, it is very normal to crave for foods like chocolates, ice-creams, chips and lots of fast food that might play spoilsport with your diet. But, taking it as an exception and indulge yourself during this time of your menses. Try a little bit of chocolate, ice creams, pizza, cheese or have those fries if you feel like it. While your body seriously needs these foods to overcome its cravings during the menstrual period problems, remember not to go overboard. But don't forget to try not to overindulge in them as they can just worsen your cravings even more. Instead of having lots of sugar, you can opt for natural healthy sweet foods like dates, jaggery, til chikki, dates, laddoos, etc. Try best to eat a lot of fibre-filled foods like salads, fruits, berries, and nuts to stabilize your blood sugar levels and curb your sweet cravings that is not at all healthy.’
3. Keep calm with soothing breathing exercises: ‘Just breathe’ in and out, as it is common advice most of us get when we tend to get irritable during our menses. And those who are telling you that, are probably right (even though you want to punch right in their heads in). It is proven that breathing deeply in and out and meditation is the coolest way to control your imbalanced emotions and calm yourself down yourself during menses.
4. Take a break to relax your body: One’s menstruation are a taxing time for the body so give it some rest and stop stressing. While lying in bed or sofa all day long might not be the best thing for your health, try to get some moments lying down during the day but not whole day long. If this is not possible, make sure you sit on a comfortable chair in a comfortable position with adequate back support so that it doesn't hurt you. Keeping your legs above ground level and at rest will also help a great deal in relaxing you and knock out the pain. Most importantly, avoid exercising or doing gym or heavy exercise during your menstruation as it can take an adverse toll on your body during menses.
5. Avoid weakness by eating right during menstruation: It has been always said or advice regarding your menstruation times but for sure you haven’t really paid many ears to it. You all need to know that that woman is prone to deficiencies like anemia and low hemoglobin as they go through their period cycle every month. It is the time of the month when we not only lose a lot of blood from our body but also the nutrients and vitamins but also go through a number of hormonal changes that heat up our body. That is why it is very important that you eat healthy and more organic.
A regular period cycle or menstrual cycle is a sign of good health. Keep a track of your menstruation cycle to know when you can get pregnant.