Period delaying pills has side effects in menstruation like bloating and stomach problems. Menstrual cycle delaying can cause irregular periods or period problems
Today also, in many communities in India, it is practiced that menstruating women don’t participate in religious functions or occasions or visit a temple for minimum 3 days. It feels bad when you are about to plan a weekend outside and you get your menses and the only thing you can do is to dump your plan and sit back for another 4-5 days. There are pills which can postpone your menses or prepone your menses. But all the women who are taking pills to prepone or postpone their menses should know all the things about it, its side effects, how pills work, when to take or when to avoid. Before taking period delaying pills, it is important to understand that over dosage of these pills cause problems in menstruation and lead to irregular periods. If you are planning to take period delaying pills, here are few things listed that you should know.
1. What are period delaying pills: Period delaying pills are pills that pills contain the hormone progesterone, which is when taken around 3 to 4 days prior to your predicted date that helps in postponing the periods.
2. What are different types of period delaying pills: There are different types of period delaying pills that are available in the market. Though, progesterone pills are commonly taken as they are safer and effective to compared to other pills available in the market. Before taking period delaying pills, every woman should know that over dosage of these pills may cause problems in menstruation and cause irregular periods or period problems.
3. How do these pills work: The estrogen hormone is produced in the 1st half of the menstrual cycle, which directly stimulates the growth of the uterine lining. The progesterone hormone is produced during the 2nd half of the menstrual cycle, which simply aids in the growth of the uterus lining. So when progesterone decreases in the body, the ureteral lining sheds, leading to periods or menses.
4. How and when should one take pills: If you want to delay your periods due to any circumstances or any reasons, you have to start taking period delaying pills around 3 or 4 days before your expected date of periods and you can continue till you want to postpone your periods. However, all women who are taking these pills should always consult a gynecologist before taking period delaying pills. As per your body weight, menstrual cycle irregularities and other health problems, your doctor will decide the right dose of the pills.
5. Is it safe to use these pills to delay periods? How long can you use it: According doctors single and one-time use of period delaying pills is perfectly fine. However, women should not make taking pills a habit of using these pills often as these period delaying pills suppress the natural hormonal cycle of the body and may increase the chances of bein infertile. Women using these period delaying pills should use it till their purpose is solved and get back to their routine as early as possible.
6. Are period delaying pills the same as birth control pills: Most of the women believes that birth control pills and period delaying pills are the same, which is not at all true. Birth control pills is one of the birth control methods that is commonly known as oral contraceptive pills, may not allow ovulation and prevent pregnancy, and hence prevent unwanted pregnancy. Unlike birth control pills, period delaying pills simply act on the uterine lining and have no effect on ovulation and fertile days, thereby they do not protect against unwanted pregnancies.
7. Do these pills have any side-effects: As you all know that period delaying pills contain progesterone, the side-effects of period delaying pills are the same as caused due to excess progesterone. Menses delaying pills side effects include bloating or development of acne, feeling of fullness, and mood swings due to hormonal imbalance in the body caused by period delaying pills.
A regular period cycle or menstrual cycle is a sign of good health. Keep a track of your menstruation cycle to know when you can get pregnant.
Menstrual cycle and sex during periods are surrounded by myths. It ...