Menstrual cycle or period cycle may vary from woman to woman. Here are the cause of irregular periods or period problems and best treatment for irregular periods
Menstrual periods may vary widely from woman to woman. Some periods are punctual, some are unpredictable. On average, a woman gets her period every 24 to 38 days. A period usually lasts about two to eight days. However, more than 20% of menstruating women experience irregular periods & you may be experiencing it too. Do you also have an irregular menstrual cycle? Are you also experiencing period problems in your period cycle?
1.The time between each period starts to change.
2.You are losing more or less blood during a period than usual.
3. The number of days that your period lasts varies significantly.
1. Irregular Bleeding In Menstrual Cycle: Bleeding of more than 20 days in individual cycle lengths over a period of one year.
2. Absent Menstrual Bleeding (amenorrhea): No bleeding in a 90-day period.
3. Heavy Bleeding In Menstrual Cycle (HMB): Excessive menstrual blood loss that interferes with the woman’s physical, emotional, social, and material quality of life and can occur alone or in combination with other symptoms.
4. Heavy and Prolonged Bleeding in Menstrual Cycle (HPMB): Less common than HMB. It is important to make a distinction from HMB given they may have different etiologies and respond to different therapies.
5. Light Menstrual Bleeding: Based on the patient complaint, rarely related to pathology.
Treatment of irregular periods depends on the cause and your desire to have children in the future. Changes in your body's level of the hormones estrogen and progesterone can disrupt the normal pattern of your period. That's why adolescent girls going through puberty and those women who are reaching to their menopause commonly have irregular periods but that's not the big healthy problem that needs a diagnosis. Are you also experiencing period problems in your period cycle?
Most of the time, simply decreasing our stress, improving nutrition and adding adequate nutritional supplements can provide a natural way to restore regular menstrual cycle. Are you also experiencing period problems in your period cycle? For most patients, we see big improvements with the following steps:
1. Healthy dietary modifications especially decreased intake of refined carbohydrates.
2. Supplementing nutritional gaps with a medical-grade multivitamin, including calcium, magnesium, and a high-quality fish oil supplement, such as the high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade formulations by Women to Women.
3. Moderate exercise (this may require increasing or decreasing your current level of exercise).
4. Stress relief through exercise or other relaxation techniques.
5. If the issue stems from an anovulatory or perimenopausal condition, a doctor may prescribe birth control pills to normalize the cycle.
6. Sometimes, scarring or structural problems in the uterus (womb) or fallopian tubes may lead to irregular periods. Surgery may be done to correct any structural problems or birth defects, particularly in women who want to have children.
1.You miss three or more periods a year.
2. You get your period more often than every 21 days.
3. You get your period less often than every 35 days.
4. You are bleeding more heavily than usual during your period.
5. You bleed for more than seven days.
6.You have more pain than usual during a period.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.
Learn all the useful information on menstruation and menstrual cycle including signs of menstruation, problems associated with menstruation in this article.
Crocin advance tablet is a mild analgesic and antipyretic drug which is used to get relief from a number of health conditions like fever and mild to moderate aches and pains like headache, arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain, tooth pain as well as back pain. It is composed of Paracetamol as an active salt ingredient and can have side effects such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, allergy, diarrhea etc.
Dolo tablets are mild painkillers used to treat fever, arthritis, stomach pain, tooth pain and any other muscle related pain. It is composed of Paracetamol. Adults can take dolo 650 mg thrice a day while the kids can have 0.25 to 0.50 tablets twice a day or as directed by the doctor. It can also cause certain side effects such as allergy, acne or bloating.
Meftal Spas is an antispasmodic NSAID drug, a drug that is beneficial in getting relief from stomach pain, menstrual pain, fever, heavy menstrual bleeding and headache. It may have certain side effects such as allergy, skin rash, acidity, diarrhea and vomiting. Pregnant women, breastfeeding mother and asthma patients should avoid taking Meftal Spas.
A regular period cycle or menstrual cycle is a sign of good health. Keep a track of your menstruation cycle to know when you can get pregnant.
PCOSis the most complex female health issue that may disturb menstrual cycle and might cause irregular periods or period problems and may also obstruct period cycle
Ovulation calculator can predict ovulation days.Ovulation predictor...
Irregular Periods lead to gruesome stress and often results in depr...