Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Menstrual cycle is an important part of a woman's life. Menstrual cycle calculation is essential to make sure that you have regular periods. This also helps to get periods immediately if delayed with the help of the right measures at the right point of time. You can also use menstrual cycle ovulation calculator.
1. What is Menstruation
- A Menstrual Cycle or Menstruation is a chain of natural changes that occurs in every woman’s body.
- Menstrual cycle or often called Menstruation is a natural process in women where one of the ovaries release egg to meet the sperm and get fertilized every month.
- If the egg meets the sperm ( i.e. vaginal intercourse occurs) it gets fertilized and pregnancy takes place.
- If the egg does not meet the sperm, it gets released unfertilized along the inner lining of the uterus. The uterus sheds these lining and so you bleed during your Menses Cycle.
- Along with this, hormonal changes are also a part of Menstrual Cycles.
- Period Cycle repeats almost every month in every woman’s body. It has a regular cycle length of 28 or 31 days.
- A regular menstruation cycle reflects that you are not pregnant.
- Irregularity of period cycle can be a sign of PCOD or Infertility which you are not aware of.
2. What are the signs of a healthy Period or Menstruation ?
- Cramps in the stomach, back pain, sore breasts and mood swings are some common signs of a healthy menstruation. If you usually have severe pain during your period cycle, consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- You can even have vaginal discharge (a white fluid coming out of vagina) before having your menses cycle.
- Normally, bleeding in menstrual cycle continues from 2 to 7 days. If the bleeding stays for less than 2 days(light bleeding) or more than 7 days (heavy bleeding), you should immediately visit a doctor. However, bleeding with blood clots is normal.
- A Period Cycle covers a normal range of 28 to 30 days. In some cases, it can vary by a few days. However, your cycle should not be less than 21 days and more than 35 days. In this case, you must track your ovulation and visit a doctor as soon as possible.
3. How you can track your Period Cycle ?
- It is necessary for you to track your menstruation so that you are regularly notified about your health. Especially, if you are planning your pregnancy then you must keep an eye on your menses cycle.
- You can track your menstrual cycle cycle using a Period Calculator or Ovulation Period Calculator.
- With the help of an Ovulation Calendar, you have to mark first date of your last period and the first date of your following period. You will get to know the length of your period cycle.
- If your existing calendar doesn’t work out well for you, Elawoman will help you out. You can download the Ela App from playstore. You have to put your first date of the last period and the length of your cycle ( first date of the last period to first date of the following period) i.e. 28 days or 30 days. You will get to know every detail about your menstrual cycle from the Ela app.
4. What are factors behind irregularities of Menstrual Cycle?
- One of the most common causes behind irregular periods is PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease). In PCOD, small, liquid filled sacs are produced inside the ovaries. Due to this, ovaries are enlarged and it results in hormonal imbalance. PCOD disturbs regular menstrual cycles.
- If you are stressed and thinking over any issue again and again, you are most likely to have irregular periods. Stress affects the follicle stimulating hormone which is responsible for ovulation. Anxiety and tension is not good for a regular menstruation.
- Doing exercise can regulate your period cycle. Whereas, over exercising or exhaustible exercises will lower the release of estrogens ( female reproductive hormones). Overexercising can bring irregular menses cycle.
- You will get irregular menstruation if you had an unprotected intercourse during your ovulation period. This is a good sign of pregnancy. Once you conceive, your menstrual cycle will stop for 9 months (i.e. gestation period).
- Your Period Cycle will be irregular if you are taking any birth control pills. These pills hinders the regular onset of the ovulation period. It can take up to 6 months to regulate your menses cycle if you are taking such medications.
- Your menstrual cycle will be irregular if you are are undergoing menopause. Menopausal phase hinders the regularity of menses cycle. If you face heavy bleeding during menopause, consult a doctor immediately.
5. How to prevent Menstrual Irregularities?
Irregularity in menstrual cycles can lead to many other health issues like infertility, PCOD which can obstruct your possibility of getting pregnant. Hence, you should not ignore if you have irregular menstruation and must follow these:-
- You should follow a regular exercise schedule to regulate your menstrual cycle. This will help in toning your muscles and will help you release stress.
- You must follow a proper diet plan to regulate your period cycle. Having a nutritious diet with more of fluids and liquid food items can help you regulate your menstruation cycle. You can include flax seeds, green leafy vegetables, folic acids and iron rich foods in your diet plan for regular menstruation.
- Avoid taking stress. You should keep your body and mind, both at ease to help you have a regular menses cycle. Anxiety can imbalance your hormones and will lead to irregularity of period cycle.
- In case of menopause or anovulatory condition, you need to consult your doctor and should avoid treating this on your own.
A healthy Menstrual Cycle or Menstruation is a sign of good health. Keep a track of your period cycle regularly. It can facilitate you with finding your most fertile days, especially when you are planning a baby.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.