Menstrual cycle and sex during periods are surrounded by myths. It is fine to have sex during menstruation, but you run the risk of menstrual cycle pregnancy
Having intercourse during periods time of the month is a personal choice of the couples, and there is no specific reason that you cannot enjoy intimacy during your female partner's period time. All men should remember that there are some precautions that need to be taken before having intercourse in period times and especially your partner's consent is really important and always need to take certain precautions during her menstrual cycle or menses.These best tips will help you to be more comfortable with her while having intercourse during her menses. Sex during periods or menstrual cycle can be a big deal for women or may cause pain.
1. Place a towel or cloth on the bed: It a known fact and cannot be denied that having sex during the menstrual cycle is a little too messy and a cumbersome process. But your white sheets can obviously take a beating if you do not use anything to catch that mess. You can place a dark towel or a bed sheet under her pelvis before you get going and it is a good idea to do this to avoid mess between you two.
2. Clean yourself up after sex: This is to stay hygienic and germ-free and to avoid any infection. For this be prepared with a warm wash cloth or wet wipes to clean up right after your intercourse, so that you don’t drip or feel dirty or sticking. A quick shower or bubble bath can also be helpful. Sex during periods or menstrual cycle is a cumbersome process.
3. Maintain good hygiene: When you have planned to have sex during her period you not only put yourself at risk but even her at a risk of yeast infection. So all men should make sure that they clean their private parts properly before getting into the activity, even before sex and after sex. It is very important and vital to wash the top of the penis though not washing it can result in a buildup of smegma, dead skin cells that can lead to infection and irritation or inflammation.
4. Don’t try every sex position: All men need to understand that your partner may not be comfortable with every sex position you try in normal days as certain positions that touch her cervix, like the woman-on-top, can be uncomfortable for her and even painful. Sex during periods or menstrual cycle is a cumbersome process. So make sure you stick to one position where she is lying on her back like the missionary. If you are having sex while she is lying on her back and you are up can also help reduce the bleeding and lessen the mess around you.
5. Have protected sex: If you are having sex during her period does not at all mean that it is safe or you will not use a condom. Having unprotected intercourse even during her periods can translate to contracting STDS or STI'S. Also, the likelihood may be minuscule but pregnancy can still be a big concern even during her menstrual cycle. So, it can be a good idea to use protection, condoms whenever you have intercourse.
A regular period cycle or menstrual cycle is a sign of good health. Keep a track of your menstruation cycle to know when you can get pregnant.