Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Triphala is an ayurvedic medicine, containing three herbal ingredients. Triphala churna detoxifies body and improves immune systems with its antioxidant and healing properties. Triphala benefits include - weight loss and improvement to oral health, digestive system and gastrointestinal tract.
Triphala is an Ayurvedic, polyherbal preparation comprising three ingredients bibhitaki, amalaki, and haritaki. The ingredients are all fruits, and all are native to India. Each fruit has a positive effect on the body’s three doshas i.e. kapha dosha, pitta dosha, vata dosha. Doshas are believed to be elemental forces that permeate body, mind, and spirit. Triphala churna or triphala mixture is a staple in traditional Ayurvedic medicine that originated in India and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It was used to support bowel health and also as an antioxidant, to detoxify the body and support the immune system. Today, triphala churna is easily available as it is manufactured widely, but it is necessary to be cautious so as to pick the purest one from the market. Based on the way it is manufactured, triphala churna may contain toxins, such as mercury and lead, making some supplements unsafe for human consumption hence this is another reason why one must be careful while using triphala churna. Recent developments in ayurvedic medicine have countered the negative effects of triphala and due to its many purported health benefits, it has become increasingly popular around the world.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is Triphala?
- What are the different forms of Triphala?
- What are the Nutritional values of Triphala?
- What are the uses of Triphala?
- What are the benefits of Triphala churna?
- What are the side effects of Triphala churan?
Triphala is not a single kitchen species or herb. It is composed of a blend of three dried fruits of Amla (Emblica Officinalis) or Indian Gooseberry, Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) with amazing healing properties. (2) There is qualifying evidence that Triphala churan contains compounds with antioxidant properties and can be taken as a tea, powder, and liquid extracts. Triphala churna has significant immune- stimulatory effects on cellular immune response, especially cytotoxic T cells and natural killer cells. Triphala extract is also known to significantly prevent selenite-induced experimental cataractogenesis in vitro and in vivo for rats. (1)
Triphala is very high in antioxidants and is well known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral abilities. It is prescribed by ayurvedic practitioners for a wide variety of ailments, which include gastric distress, pneumonia, cancers. (4) It is also used for strengthening the immune system, promoting oral health, treating fatigue and AIDS. Triphala is very nutritious and high in vitamin C, amino acids and valuable minerals. They also contain powerful plant compounds like tannins, phenols, rutin, phyllembelic acid, emblicol, and curcuminoids. (3)
Triphala contains several compounds that have been known to be responsible for certain health benefits, including carbohydrates, vitamin, minerals, sodium, dietary fibers, gallic acid, chebulagic acid, and chebulinic acid. Nutritional Facts per 2.8 Grams of Triphala Churna are:
- Total Fat3 g
- Calcium 45mg
Triphala churan should be taken in a dissolved state and preferable with tea. It can also be used as an oral disinfectant, like a mouthwash. Triphala has a slightly bitter taste, but it can be mixed with honey or lemon without diminishing its effects. It is commonly used as an ingredient in eye drops, facemasks, shampoos, fungal powders, etc. Triphala churna is most effective when taken right before bed with a large glass of warm water. Some people prefer to take it on an empty stomach, while others prefer to take it with food. Triphala is also available commercially in supplement form, as a pill, and as a liquid extract. The liquid extract is typically meant for external use only and should never be put into eyes unless it’s specifically prescribed for this purpose. The dosage of Triphala supplements may vary according to the manufacturer. It’s important to follow package directions exactly when taking Triphala. (5)
Triphala has several health benefits such as regulation of blood pressure, lowering of cholesterol, boosts energy, reducing inflammation, easing digestive problems, hair growth stimulation, treating dandruff, reducing body weight, relief from constipation, skin enhancement, cancer prevention, prevention of viral and bacterial infections and it also has anti-allergic properties. Some of the commonly known health benefits of Triphala churan are:
- Lowers Cholesterol: Triphala contains a high concentration of oleic and linoleic oils, which are beneficial in reducing the risk of heart disease. Linoleic oil is essential in increasing HDL (good cholesterol) while reducing LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. (6)
- Wards Off Digestive Problems: Triphala benefits the body by acting as a laxative and can be used to stimulate bowel movements. People with digestive problems or bowel movement issues can have one spoon of Triphala before going to bed at night. One can also have Triphala tea or take a spoon early morning on an empty stomach with loads of water to bid farewell to bloat, fussy stomach, or even diarrhea. Triphala cleanses the stomach and ensures clearer bowel movements, relieves flatulence, it provides benefits in the form of nutrients and vitamins to the entire digestive tract, starting from esophagus to anus. (7)
- Weight Loss: Triphala has a different approach to weight loss. Rather than focusing on eating less and exercising more, this Ayurvedic herb works by cleansing the digestive system and promoting healthy nutritional intake. Triphala helps in weight loss and in removing belly fat. It induces the secretion of cholecystokinin and controls the satiety center. This hormone stimulates the brain and makes you feel full. You can also mix half a tablespoon of Triphala churan with half tablespoon of trikatu churna (blend of pippali, ginger, and black pepper) and some honey in lukewarm water and take it every morning and night. (8)
- Relief from Constipation: Triphala help regulate bowel movements due to its digestive properties. To get rid of constipation, have 2 teaspoons of Triphala powder with a glass full of warm water every night.
- Oral Health: Triphala benefits also include oral health. Studies show Triphala-extract mouth rinse is effective at reducing plaque and gingivitis. Triphala churna is also found to be effective in preventing cavities and bleeding gums.
- Boosts Immunity: Triphala is rich in vitamin C and a potent antioxidant, which boosts the immune system. Containing bioflavonoids, it is also known to speed up the healing process in certain cases. Triphala helps in improving blood circulation, cleaning gastric and digestive tract, and nourishing body from within by providing the necessary nutrients and minerals, Triphala helps boost the body’s immunity
- Reduces Inflammation: Taking Triphala regularly can help reduce internal and external inflammation, which some people might have due to poor immunity or lack of nutrients in the body. (9)
- Prevents Cancer: Triphala churna helps to prevent certain types of cancer, as it is known to carry anti-cancer properties and exhibits radioactive, chemoprotective, and antineoplastic effects.
- Rejuvenates Skin: Since Triphala is a powerhouse of antioxidant compounds, it helps to rejuvenate, moisturize, smoothen, and soften the skin. It also helps to clear pigmentation and helps kill acne-causing bacteria. All these characteristics and emollient properties together make Triphala ideal for soothing dry and flaky skin. For best results use it twice or thrice in a month.
- Stimulates Hair Growth and Treats Dandruff: The emollient properties of Triphala lock moisture in hair and prevent alopecia. Mix Triphala churan and water and apply it on your hair to help stimulate hair growth. Triphala, when applied on hair, can help you get rid of even the most stubborn dandruff within no time. For dandruff treatment, mix 2 tablespoons of Triphala powder in 4-5 tablespoons of water and massage the paste gently on to the scalp. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes.
- Prevents Viral and Bacterial Infections and has Anti-Allergic Properties:Taking Triphala churna can prevent bacterial and viral infections.
Even though Triphala churna is an ayurvedic medicine, there are a few risks involved. Pregnant women should avoid taking Triphala due to their downward energy flow, which can sometimes lead to miscarriages. Even breastfeeding mothers should not take Triphala churna as the compounds present in the mixture can be passed on to the child via breast milk and can be harmful. When giving it to babies, don’t give more than a pinch of this powder as it can cause diarrhea and other stomach troubles. You should never take more than the recommended quantity of Triphala churna as it may cause loose motions and dehydration. If you are diabetic, you should consult your doctor before consuming Triphala. Excessive use of Triphala can lead to bloating problems, as it is highly rich in fiber. If you are suffering from gastric troubles, take mild dosages. Dehydration, increased blood sugar level and unwanted weight loss is some of the triphala side effects. (10)
You can try taking Triphala Churna but take note of the recommended dose mentioned on the packaging. You can avail it at any ayurvedic or medical store in India. Benefits of Triphala have helped many people get healthier and better. You can look for more information at Elawoman Blog. Elawoman is one of the reliable reproductive health care facilitators, fulfilling dreams of infertile couples of having a family. We have a list of verified doctors and clinics where patients find the best infertility treatment. Call Elawoman now at +918929020600 to book a free appointment with one of our doctors.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Benefits of Triphala - Health line Healthline.com, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala - Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala in Ayurvedic Medicine Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 18 May 2019
- ^ What is Triphala - Organic Ora.organic, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala - 8 Amazing Health Benefits Of Triphala Doctor.ndtv.com, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala For Constipation - NDTV News Ndtv.com, 18 May 2019
- ^ Role of Triphala in dentistry Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 18 May 2019
- ^ Triphala - Benefits and Uses Healthline.com, 18 May 2019
- ^ Ancient Healthcare - Triphala Ancienthealthcare.com, 18 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.