Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Sinarest Syrup is used for relieving symptoms like sinus pressure or congestion, runny nose, watery eyes and allergies. Side effects of Sinarest Syrup include nausea, vomiting, headache, high blood pressure and drowsiness. Sinarest syrup interacts with alcohol, alginic acid and aspirin.
Sinarest Syrup is a combination medicine used to treat a headache, fever, body aches, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and sinus congestion caused by allergies, the common cold, or the flu. The medicine is manufactured by Centaur Pharma and is a combination of drugs namely Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine, and Paracetamol (or Acetaminophen) and Sodium Citrate. It can be used as an over the counter medicine and do not require any prescription to purchase it. One can take it in the form of a tablet or liquid form by mouth with or without food. (1)
In this article we will look at:
- What is the composition of Sinarest syrup?
- What are the uses of Sinarest Syrup?
- What are the side effects of Sinarest Syrup?
- What are the precautions of Sinarest Syrup?
- What are the interactions of Sinarest Syrup?
Composition of Sinarest Syrup mainly comprises of composed like Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine, Sodium citrate, and Menthol. The nature and working of some of the drug are discussed below: (2)
- Paracetamol: The drug belongs to the group of APAP (Acetaminophen) and exhibits weak anti-inflammatory property. It is used as analgesics i.e. painkiller. Paracetamol is used to treat mild to moderate pain and fever.
- Chlorpheniramine: The drug belongs to the category of the first generation of anti-histamine and shows anti-allergic actions. This drug works by reducing the effects of natural histamine secreted in the body. The histamines produce the symptoms of watery eyes, runny nose, itching, and sneezing. The medicine is used to treat allergic symptoms such as urticaria and rhinitis (common allergic diseases). (3)
- Phenylephrine: The drug belongs to the class of vasopressors (used to treat severe low blood pressure. It acts as a nasal decongestant and reduces the swelling of blood vessels in the nose. The drug helps relieve conditions like nasal congestion because of cold, allergies and hay fever. Phenylephrine helps reduce the swelling of blood vessels in the nose.
Sinarest syrup uses include the treatment, prevention, control and improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Common cold
- Nasal decongestant
- Hypotensive conditions
- Eye mydriasis
- Intraocular tension
- Gastric problems
- Kidney stones
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Hay fever
- Watery eyes
- Itchy throat/skin
- Anaphylactic shock
- Pain in arthritis
- Pain in shoulder joint
- Pain in tendons
- Pain in muscle strains or sprains
- Back pain
Sinarest Syrup may also be used for purposes not listed here. Cough and coldproducts may not be safe or effective for children younger than 6 years. Therefore, Sinarest syrup should not be preferred without consulting the doctor to treat cold symptoms in children younger than 6 years. Read and follow all directions on the package label, if you are taking the over-the-counter product. (4)
In rare cases, Sinarest syrup may cause a severe skin reaction that can be fatal. Side effects Sinarest syrup can occur even if it has been consumed in the past and had no reaction. One should stop using this syrup and call a doctor in case of the following conditions: (5)
- Stomach ache
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Swelling of the face
- Slow heart action
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tremor, seizure (convulsions)
- Easy bruising or bleeding or unusual weakness
- Little or no urinating
- High blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Common side effects of Sinarest syrup may include:
In addition to the intended effects of Sinarest syrup, consumption of this syrup may result in some side effects also. Following are some of the side effects of Sinarest syrup that have been reported and they might vary from person to person:
- Allergic reactions
- Blurred vision
- Liver damage
- Reddening of skin
- Swollen facial features
- Dry mouth, nose or throat
In case, any of these side effects are observed one must consult a doctor at the earliest. (6)
It is important that one must not use this syrup if MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitors (the first type of antidepressant) like linezolid, phenelzine, and tranylcypromine have been used 14 days before taking this medicine. Acetaminophen might trigger severe skin reactions on rare occasions. In such cases, patients should stop consuming this syrup right away and consult the doctor at the earliest especially if the skin becomes red and begins to peel off and form blisters. Patients with a known history of allergy to Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine should not take the sincerest syrup. Some brands of this product may contain alcohol, sugar or aspartame. Precaution should be taken in case the patients have diabetes, liver disease, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other condition that requires them to limit/avoid these substances in their diet. In young children, antihistamines may cause agitation or excitement instead of drowsiness. Older adults may be more sensitive to the effects of this drug, especially drowsiness, confusion, constipation, dizziness, trouble urinating, fast or irregular heartbeat, or trouble sleeping. During pregnancy, this syrup should be used only when clearly needed or it may pass into breast milk and may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. (7)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other medication for cold, allergy, pain, or sleep medication. Acetaminophen (used for relieving fever and pain) is contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause one to get too much acetaminophen, which can lead to a fatal overdose. Always check the label to see if a medicine contains acetaminophen. Avoid drinking alcohol because it can increase the risk of liver damage while taking acetaminophen, and can increase certain side effects of chlorpheniramine. This syrup may impair your thinking or reactions or cause blurred vision. Taking Sinarest syrup with other drugs that make one sleepy or slow their breathing can worsen these effects. Consult a doctor before taking acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and pseudoephedrine with a sleeping pill, narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxer, or medicine for anxiety, depression, or seizures. Given below are some of the drugs that Sinarest interacts with: (8)
- Alginic acid
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Calcium carbonate
Sinarest syrup should be stored in an airtight container, away from light and moisture. The temperature of the place should not exceed 15-30 ºC or 59-86 ºF. The suspension form of Sinarest should not be frozen and it should be stored away from pets and children. The Sinarest syrup should be discarded properly if it has exceeded the expiry date. Use exactly as directed on the label, do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Sinarest syrup is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Keep it out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others and use this medication only for the indication prescribed. Consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on the page applies to your personal circumstances.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ What Is Sinarest - Every Day Health Everydayhealth.com, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - Durgs Drugs.com, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - Pdf Centaurpharma.com, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup Medicineindia.org, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - Side Effects and Dosage Docprime.com, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - Centaur pharma Centaurpharma.com, 17 May 2019
- ^ Sinarest Syrup - !mg 1mg.com, 17 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.