Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Clavam 625 mg tablet, an antibiotic drug, is a combination medicine prescribed for various types of bacterial infections. Clavam 625 uses are observed in infections of ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract and skin. Side effects of Clavam 625 include fever, diarrhea, sleeplessness, and joint pain.
Clavam 625 tablet is a combination medicine used for treating a variety of bacterial infections. The two ingredients of Clavam 625 are Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Here, amoxicillin interferes with the growth and division process of the bacterial cell wall and clavulanic acid ensures extensive anti-bacterial activity. (1)
In this article, we will look at:
- What are the uses of Clavam 625 Tablet?
- What are the side effects of Clavam 625 tablet?
- What is the prescribed dosage for Clavam 625?
- What are the warnings and precautions related to Clavam 625 tablet?
- Can Clavam 625 be used in pregnancy?
Clavam 625 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, and airways, middle ear, urinary tract, and sinuses. Excessive use also has some minor side effects like fever, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Go through the article to get the complete information on Clavam 625 uses and side effects. (2)
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media) (4)
- Nose Infection (Sinusitis)
- Throat Infection (Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis)
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Skin Infection (5)
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Stomach Ulcers
The excessive use of Clavam 625 tablet can be the reason for some side effects. (3) The various side effects of Clavam 625 tablet are:
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Diarrhea (6)
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Tooth discoloration
- Nausea or vomiting
- Altered sense of taste
- Painful intercourse
- Swelling of lips, face, eyelids, tongue, feet, and hands
- Black or tarry stools
- Muscle or joint pain
- Irregular heartbeat
One should follow the directions given to them by the doctor and pharmacist. It is advisable to read the direction label carefully. If one has any concerns about how to take this medicine then they should talk to their doctor or pharmacist before taking the medicine. The usual dose of Clavam 625 tablet is twice a day. (7)
How to Take Clavam 625 Tablet?
- Swallow the Clavam 625 tablet with water. These tablets can also be broken in half, but should not be chewed.
- Clavam 625 tablets should be taken immediately before or with the first nibble of food. Clavam 625 tablets work best when taken this way. It is also helpful in preventing stomach upsets.
- However, Clavam tablets work even if they are taken without food.
- Space the doses as evenly as possible throughout the day for effective results. If one is taking Clavam tablets twice a day, take a dose about every twelve hours.
How Long one should Take Clavam 625 Tablets?
- Keep taking Clavam 625 tablets until the course is finished or for as long as prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advisable to not stop taking the medicine just because one starts feeling better, as the infection can return.
- Do not stop taking, or change the dose without first discussing with the doctor.
Missed Clavam 625 Tablets Dose
- If the next dose is due within six hours, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the normal time. Otherwise, take the missed dose as soon as you remember and then go back to taking the tablets as directed by the doctor.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose that got missed.
- Taking more than the prescribed dose will result in increasing the chances of unwanted side effects.
Clavam 625 Overdose
- In case of an overdose immediately telephone the doctor or Poisons Information Centre for advice, even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
- Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe nausea, cramps vomiting, and diarrhea. If one has no idea about what to do, then call the nearest doctor or pharmacist for advice.
There are some cases where Clavam 625 is not recommended. It would be advisable to check these situations before taking medicine.
- Those who are allergic to penicillin and penicillin-based drugs and antibiotics should not take this medicine. (9)
- Women who are on birth control pills should avoid this medicine as it can reduce the efficiency of birth pills
- The effect of the antibiotic on the baby is not known, so it is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers. The amount that is passed through breast milk is also not known, so it is safe to consult the doctor as a precautionary measure.
- If someone has serious renal failure or any kind of kidney diseases, then avoid this medicine
- People suffering from a faulty liver or any kind of liver disorders
- Asthma patients and those suffering from mononucleosis
- People with a history of antibiotic allergy
- People who have had allergic reactions to this medicine in the recent past
- People who are prone to hypersensitivity
Clavam 625 Tablet Interactions and Precautions
Clavam 625 tablet interacts with different medicines in different ways:
- Clavam 625 when interacts with Warfarin, it causes bleeding, swelling, dizziness, and overall weakness
- Clavam 625 has severe interactions with Doxycycline and other related antibiotics
- It causes extreme toxicity in interacting with Methotrexate and other chemotherapy drugs.
Clavam 625 tablet interacts with the following diseases in different ways:
- Colitis: Clavam 625 mg tablet causes severe diarrhea in patients with Colitis
- Mononucleosis: Clavam 625 tablet causes hypersensitivity characterized by allergic skin reactions and swelling in patients suffering from mononucleosis.
- Hemodialysis: Clavam 625 MG tablet when interferes with the process of hemodialysis in patients, then it would be better if dosage adjustments or relevant substitution are made. (10)
Q. Can Clavam 625 tablet be taken along with alcohol?
Ans: Clavam 625 should not be taken along with alcohol as it may increase the risk of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness.
Q. Is Clavam 625 addictive?
Ans: No, Clavam 625 tablet is not addictive. All addictive drugs are categorized as Schedule H or Schedule X, in India.
Q. Can Clavam 625-tablet cause diarrhea?
Ans: Clavam 625 tablet affects the natural bacterial flora of the stomach. Thus, it may cause diarrhea as a side effect. In case someone is suffering from a severe case of diarrhea, they must consult a doctor immediately.
Hope this article helped you in getting all the relevant information about Clavam 625 uses, Clavam 625 dosage and side effects. For more such interesting and information-rich articles on infertility issues, love and relationship, and pregnancy, you can refer Elawoman blog. If you are experiencing any infertility issues, or want to get more information on it, then feel free to call on the given number: +918929020600.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Clavam 625 MG Complete and Comprehensive Overview Healthclues.net, 18 September 2019
- ^ Clavam | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 18 September 2019
- ^ What are the side effects of Clavam 625 tablet? Alkemlabs.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Ear Infection | Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 18 September 2019
- ^ Skin Infection: Pictures, Causes and Treatments | Healthline Healthline.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Diarrhea | MedlinePlus Medlineplus.gov, 18 September 2019
- ^ Clavam 625 Tablet: View Uses, Side Effects 1mg.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Why My Doctor Suggests Clavam 625 During Pregnancy Healofy.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Amoxicillin / clavulanate Use During Pregnancy Drugs.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Hemodialysis | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 18 September 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.