Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Azithromycin uses are seen in cases of Skin infections, Bacterial infections, Ear infections, Conjunctivitis, and Cat Scratch Disease. Azithromycin side effects are diarrhea, difficult urination, abdominal pain, fever, and dry skin. Azithromycin dose must be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
Azithromycin is one of the top antibiotics which are prescribed for treatment of a range of bacterial infections. This medication is used successfully to exclusively treat bacterial infections. It is essential to note that azithromycin needs to be used efficiently only in cases where the cause of the respective infection is mostly bacteria. In this article, you will find useful information about Azithromycin uses, side effects, dosage, and when not to use the medication. (1)
In this article, you will finddetailedinformation about:
- Know about Azithromycin uses
- What are Azithromycin side effects?
- What are the contraindications of Azithromycin?
- How to take Azithromycin dose?
- Most Frequently Asked Questions about Azithromycin
There are several uses of Azithromycin which are effective for a range of medical disorders. Azithromycin uses are in different medical cases that include: (7)
- Skin infections: Azithromycin tablets are used to treat skin infections as well as infections affecting soft tissues. With the assistance of proper dosage, skin infections can be treated with excellent success rates. (2)
- Community-acquired pneumonia: Azithromycin tablet plays a crucial role in treating pneumonia especially that of community-acquired type. Symptoms of community-acquired pneumonia such as cough, fever along with chills as well as breathing difficulties are treated efficiently with Azithromycin tablets. (3)
- Ear infections: Ear infections such as Otitis Media are treated with the antibiotic regime, which also comprises of Azithromycin tablets. Here, the functioning of the middle ear is affected and therefore symptoms like ear pain with ringing effect in the ears are treated with the right dosage.
- Pharyngitis and Tonsilitis: Throat infections caused due to bacteria are treated with the help of an antibiotic regime. (8)
- Acne Vulgaris: Acne Vulgaris is treated with a series of medications and Azithromycin gel plays a crucial role in the successful cure of such skin problems. The blackheads and scarring of the skin which are the common features of Acne Vulgaris are treated with the right dosage of this medication gel. You need to make sure that Azithromycin gel is applied to cure the skin condition.
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: Azithromycin is used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis with the usage of its eye ointments and eye drops. This medication is useful to treat eye infection at an appreciable success rate. The dosage needs to be confirmed with the doctor to prevent any kind of side effects of the medication. (4)
- Cat Scratch Disease: Cat Scratch Disease occurs when an individual is affected by a bacterium known as Bartonella henselae. This bacterium is passed to the individual with a cat bite or scratch. Azithromycin helps to cure the swelling of the lymph nodes, which occurs in the patients after the bite of the cat.
Azithromycin side effects include the following:
- Diarrhea - Diarrhea is one of the major Azithromycin side effects, which must be considered at the time of consumption of Azithromycin. Certain symptoms associated with the disease contradict with Azithromycin effect on the body.
- Abdominal pain - Abdominal pain is commonly seen in individuals who intake Azithromycin more than the recommended levels. It ensures that patients take proper care at the time of consuming the medication. (5)
- Difficult urination - Some of the men experience difficulty in urination if the proper dosage is not followed during the respective treatments. Urinating issues are quite common with patients who consume medication.
- Fever - Fever can be cured efficiently with the help of intake of Azithromycin. The high temperature of the patient is effectively treated with this medication within a day’s time.
- Dry and Scaly Skin - Changes in skin texture is one of the severely observed Azithromycin side effects in patients who consume this antibiotic medication.
You need to make sure that you do not intake Azithromycin in the following cases and consult your doctor at the time of consumption:
- Liver Damage: If in the past, the patient was diagnosed with cholestatic jaundice or even hepatic impairment, then there are high chances of the condition of patient to severe with the consumption of Azithromycin. Patients are not advised to consume this medication in these cases.
- Hypersensitivity: If you have notable side effects from Azithromycin or its components, then make sure you consult your doctor before consuming the medication. Your doctor might recommend you to consume an alternative medicine if the respective treatment requires it.
Interactions of Azithromycin with Other Medications and Medical Conditions
Azithromycin medication reacts with medications such as Atorvastatin, Amiodarone, Pimozide at a severe rate. Digoxin and Theophylline consumption at the same time as Azithromycin can also lead to drug interactions. (6)
Azithromycin is utilized at a severe rate with diseases such as Liver Diseases and Myasthenia Gravis. The usage of this medication worsens the present health status of the patient and severe the already present disorder. Timely opting of medical tests prove to be beneficial for the patient in the form of diagnosis and treatment.
The usage of Azithromycin needs to be prohibited in case of the children who are above 16 years of age.
- Missed Dose: If you have missed your Azithromycin dose, then make sure you consume or apply Azithromycin as early as possible. Azithromycin injections are given only under the guidance of healthcare professionals in the hospital.
- Overdose: If you have taken an overdose of Azithromycin, consult your doctor immediately. Medical treatment is started in an emergency in case a patient informs about overdosing.
Q - When does Azithromycin onset of action occur?
A - Azithromycin’s effect can be seen after 2 to 3 hours of consumption of the medication as per the recommended dose.
Q - For how long is the effect of Azithromycin can be seen in the patient?
A - After consuming Azithromycin, the effect of the medication can be seen in the patients for a time period for 2 to 4 days.
Q - Does Azithromycin cause any reaction with alcohol?
A - The reaction of Azithromycin with alcohol is not yet proven. It is suggested to inform your doctor about any similar habit before taking Azithromycin.
Q - Is it safe to consume Azithromycin in pregnancy?
A - The safety of Azithromycin during pregnancy is measured as per the potential risks and side effects which can occur in the patient. Therefore, doctors suggest getting medical history checked before consumption of the medication.
Q - Can women breastfeeding their babies have Azithromycin?
A - If you are breastfeeding your baby, then make sure that you consult your doctor before consuming Azithromycin.
Q - Is it possible to take Azithromycin injection intramuscularly?
A - No. Doctors never recommend to giving Azithromycin injection via the intramuscular route in the body. It is also advised not to take the medication in the bolus form to prevent any type of reactions in the body.
Q - How does Azithromycin medication work?
A - Azithromycin medication hinders the bacterial reaction occurring in the body. This helps to cure the respective bacterial infection which occurs in the concerned patient.
Thus, Azithromycin is an effective medication for treating a range of bacterial infections. One needs to consume medications only after the doctor prescribes the medications for your respective treatment. You can find more information about similar drugs in the ‘Medicine Info’ category of Elawoman.com.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Azithromycin Tablet Macrolide Antibiotics - Webmd.com, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin - Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin - NHS UK Nhs.uk, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin Oral Route - Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin - US National library of Medicine Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Medicines Medicines.org.uk, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin - MedlinePlus Medlineplus.gov, 10 May 2019
- ^ Azithromycin for Bacterial Infections Medicinesforchildren.org.uk, 10 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.