Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is one of the best medicines in curing bacterial infections. It belongs to the amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets group. This medication is helpful to treat bacterial infections of skin, ears, and sinusitis. A few of the major side effects are diarrhea, allergies, and nausea.
Augmentin 625 duo tablets include Amoxicillin, Potassium Clavulanate, and Penicillin as its components. It effectively functions by restraining the synthesis in the bacterial cells. The fusion of components present in this medication, blocks the bacteria to develop. Therefore, this tablet is used for treating various bacterial infections like mouth infection, skin infection, ear infection, and urinary tract infection. Augmentin 625 Duo tablet is also used in curing gonorrhea, tonsillitis, pneumonia, and bronchitis. These tablets sometimes lead to certain side effects, which may or may not trigger the person consuming it. This depends on a wide range of factors. The Augmentin tablet works like antibiotics. The medicine augmentin 625 duo hinders the division process of the bacterial cells. The medicinal course of this tablet provides a broad treatment for a variety of common bacteria. Clavulanic acid as one the component of this tablet represents the beta-lactamase inhibitor (preventive) class of antibiotics. Clavulanic acid restrains the bacteria from eliminating amoxicillin. Also, the dosage strictly depends on the age, renal function of the patient and severity of the infection.
Considerably, amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage, 250 mg to 500 mg consist of the same dosage of clavulanic acid, but both tablets cannot be substituted with each other. Although, 250 mg of a regular and 250 mg of chewable tablets consist of a different dose of clavulanic acid. They must not be substituted or replaced with any other medicine as well. The medicine should not be skipped until the prescribed dosage is completed. Else, it can hamper the treatment of the bacteria and can also make the bacteria resistant to it. However, augmentin pills are not suggested for children of 12 years and below.
In this useful article we will learn about the following points:
- What are the components of the Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
- What are the uses of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
- What can be the side effects of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
- What are the precautions to consume Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
1. Description of the Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet and its components:
Augmentin 625 Duo tablet is a white oval-film-coated tablet. Amoxicillin Trihydrate IP corresponds to Amoxicillin 500 mg and Potassium Clavulanate Diluted IP corresponding to Clavulanic Acid 125 mg. Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium - The combination makes the contraceptive pills less effective when taken together. Therefore, one must tell the doctor about pregnancy planning before starting the treatment. One also needs to ask about using non-hormonal birth control like condoms and diaphragm with spermicide. The combination passes into breast milk and affects the nursing baby.
- Amoxicillin: It is an antibiotic of penicillin, which fights bacteria in the body.
- Clavulanate potassium: It is a form of a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which prevents specific bacteria from becoming amoxicillin resistant.
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium: These medicinal components that help in treating many different types of infections specifically caused by bacteria such as pneumonia, and bronchitis. (4)
- Augmentin: It is an antibiotic agent with a prominently wide spectrum of action upon the commonly occurring bacterial pathogens in general humans. The beta-lactamase inhibitory activity of clavulanate extends the range of amoxicillin to include a wider range of organisms, including many resistant to other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Colour of the tablet: White
Interactions: The medicine only has interaction with below medicines and diseases:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Live vaccines
Diseases interaction: It should be only done under a doctor's supervision.
Colitis: Patients experiencing gastrointestinal diseases, specifically in colitis must carefully consume this medicine. The doctor must know about the history of gastrointestinal diseases before prescribing medicine to the patient. Equally, it is the duty of a patient also to inform the doctor, about any related history of past diseases. Symptoms like bleeding in the stool, abdominal pain, and severe diarrhea should be notified to the doctor on an immediate basis. On the basis of the clinical condition of a patient, the replacement of the medicines is allowed. Pseudomembranous colitis belongs to swelling or inflammation in the large intestine (colon) because of an overgrowth of Clostridium difficile (C difficile) bacteria. This infection is a popular cause of diarrhea after augmentin use.
Pseudomembranous colitis has been related to the use of antibiotics like Augmentin and may differ in severity ranging from moderate to life-threatening effects on the patient. Accordingly, it is essential to acknowledge its usage in patients who develop diarrhea during or after augmentin use. If elongated or significant diarrhea occurs or the patient undergoes abdominal cramps, treatment should be terminated immediately and the patient must examine further.
The medicine must be used cautiously, in patients with a history of renal diseases or active renal diseases. After consuming the medicine, close monitoring of renal function is important. In some cases, replacement or adjustments with suitable alternatives depends on the clinical condition.
- Creatinine clearance refers to the waste product produced, while the breaking-down of muscle tissue. No modification in dosage is needed in patients with Creatinine clearance (CrCl) greater than 30 mL/min. (8)
- In CrCl around 10-30 mL/min: one Augmentin 625 mg tablet after every 12 hours is usually prescribed.
- In CrCl below 10 mL/min: one Augmentin 625 mg tablet after every 24 hours may be taken.
- Haemodialysis: Haemodialysis is a proven technique for eliminating waste products and extra fluid, which appear in the blood. These waste products are produced when the kidneys are no longer suitable to work. During this procedure, only one augmentin 625 mg tablet after every 24 hours, with an additional one tablet during dialysis is usually prescribed to take after the doctor prescribes the same. These tablets are being repeated at the end of 3 dialyzes (as serum combinations of both amoxicillin and clavulanic acid are reduced).
2. Uses of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet:
This medication provides the overall treatment of eliminating bacterial infections. It has the capability and useful component to cure the mild to severe infection in the body. Below are a few infections, which can be cured with amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage:
- Ear Infection or Otitis media:This medicine has the ability to cure an infection of the middle ear caused by bacteria. Usually, ear infections are resistant to amoxicillin alone, but taken in combination with other medicines can help immensely. (3)
- Nose infection or Sinusitis: The patient suffering from a sinus infection can be cured with Augmentin. Amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets usually preferred as first-line treatment for uncomplicated nose infection. (9)
- Throat infection or Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Infections in the throat are usually caused by infection of tonsils, viral, bacterial and strep infections are also cured by the Augmentin medicine.
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection: Treatments of infections in airways leading to lungs known as acute bronchitis, Pneumonia or other bacterial strains are treated successfully through Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet. (10)
- Skin Infection: Skin infection produced due to bacteria causing rashes and inflammation is also cured by Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): This medicine is very useful in treating infections of the bladder called Cystitis and that of kidneys known as Pyelonephritis.
- Stomach Ulcers: Usually Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is taken in combination with other medicines to cure stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- Febrile Neutropenia:To treat a low count of white blood cells, Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is often taken in combination with other antibiotics.
When not to use (avoid) using Augmentin medicine:
Below are a few cases, where one should avoid consuming the Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet:
- Allergy:The medicines are not advisable for consumption if there is any history of allergy to Amoxicillin or Potassium Clavulanic acid derivatives or to Penicillins or Beta-lactam antibiotics.
- Cholestasis: If a patient has a condition of interrupted bile (the digestive fluid produced by the liver) in the liver also known as Cholestatic, then one must avoid consuming this medicine.
- Liver dysfunction:The medicine is not advisable if the patient has a history of the dysfunctioned liver associated with the consumption of an Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet in combination.
Cautions for special population:
Below mentioned people should avoid the consumption of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet or its components like amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets. These components can affect the health of the baby.
- Pregnancy:This medicine should only be consumed by an expectant woman under the prescription of a doctor. It must be consumed if the need is clearly proficient and the risks linked with the usage are almost negligible.
Breast Feeding: Only after consulting with an experienced gynecologist, one must take this Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet during breastfeeding course. The need to consume medicine should be prominent and established otherwise it may hamper the development of an infant.
General warnings for use of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet:
- Allergic Reaction:This medicine can probably cause moderate to a harsh allergic reaction. The possibility is significant in patients sensitive to allergies with antibiotics. One must immediately report to the doctor if any skin reaction is found after the consumption of this medicine.
- Diarrhea: This medicine likely to cause diarrhea, either mild with no requirement of any specific treatment or severe in case of Colitis or Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea (CDAD). Diarrhea is usually evidently caused by those patients, who have a history of antibiotic reactions. In case of occurrence of severe implications of medicines causing diarrhea, it should be reported to the doctor.
- Mononucleosis:Patients suffering from Mononucleosis are not advised to intake amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage in any form. Reaction to mononucleosis may cause rashes and bumps over the skin and requires prompt treatment under the expertise of an experienced physician.
- Drug- resistance: Consumption of this amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets must be prevented without any indication or proof of bacterial infections. Unnecessary consumption may fail to cure the real cause and even lead to toxic effects in the body. It may also elevate the risk of developing drug-resistant bacteria in the body.
- Liver disease: Daily monitoring of liver enzymes is advised with the consumption of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage. Patients having problems in normal liver functioning should consume this medicine cautiously, even after the treatment is completed. Patients with severe liver problems should avoid Augmentin 625 Duo tablets as its reaction may also lead to liver failure. (2)
- Kidney Function:If patients are already suffering from kidney dysfunctioning, then one must only consume this medicine under a doctor's prescription.
3. Side effects depending upon the quantity of the dosage:
- Missed Dose: One may take the missed dosage or a regular dosage as soon as he recalls. The missed dose can be skipped if the turn of the following scheduled dosage is almost there. (1)
- Overdose: If one has consumed overdose or the prescribed dosage seems to be unsuitable or extra as per body requirement then a doctor should be contacted immediately. Nausea, diarrhea, drowsiness, and vomiting are few symptoms of an overdose.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Irregular heartbeat: Occur rarely
- Heavy menstrual bleeding: Occurs Moderate or Less Common
- Tooth discoloration:Occur rarely
- Nausea or vomiting: Occurs Moderate or Less Common
- Altered sense of taste: Occur rarely
- Vaginal itching: Seen Moderate or Less Common
- Cough: Occurs Moderate or Less Common
Sometimes side effects of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage might occur, but do not need any such medical attention. These side effects cure naturally during the course of medication or once the course gets complete. Mostly, all these side effects occur because the body is struggling to adopt new changes and balance the reactions occurring because of different components of the medicine. (7)
- Fever:Augmentin 625 duo tablet sometimes causes high fever, which is a common symptom seen after the intake of an antibiotic. Therefore, only the prescribed dosage of the given medicine should be consumed. (5)
- Allergic skin reaction: Some patients suffer mild to a severe allergic reaction by consuming Augmentin 625 duo tablet. Therefore, one should inform the doctor about the sensitivity of the patient towards any specific combination or medicine.
- Joint pain: If one consumes an over-dosage of the Augmentin 625 duo tablet then, one may feel moderate to severe joint pain.
- Painful sexual intercourse:It is observed in many patients that when they take an overdose of this medicine, they experience severe pain while having sexual intercourse.
- Nausea: People experience nausea whenever they take amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets for a longer period or in excess dosage. They feel a strong urge to vomit. (5)
- Increased menstrual bleeding: Women having an inappropriate dosage of medicine may experience irregular (heavy to light) bleeding during menses. Therefore, while having the combination of Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate tablets one must take the proper dosage and complete the prescribed medicine course.
- Convulsions: Convulsions is one of the most evident side effects of the medicine called Augmentin 625 duo tablet. One may suffer convulsions depending on the consumption of the medication. One may feel severe to moderate convulsions after having the appropriate dosage to cure bacterial infections.
- Sleeplessness: After having this medicine one may also feel uncomfortable and find it difficult to have a sound sleep.
Some major and minor side effects of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet
Generally, the side effects of this amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets are classified under mild to transient effect. It is seen in many clinical trials that less than 3 percent of treatments are discontinued due to its side effects. The most immediate and frequent reactions seen adversely include diarrhea, loose stool (9%), Nausea (3%), Skin rashes, and Urticaria (3%).
- Skin yellowing or Jaundice: A patient may induce jaundice if there was any history of liver infection. The infection may be measured from moderate to mild in nature. Whereas, cholestatic jaundice is a severe side effect of an augmentin medicine, but it is reversible, as reported in rare cases. The signs and symptoms of jaundice may not become visible during six weeks after treatment was discontinued. (8)
- Easy bruising and bleeding: The reaction may measure between moderate to less common after the amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg dosage or amoxicillin uses are prominent.
- Allergic Skin Reaction:It may cause severe allergy, if over consumed.
- Diarrhea: One may experience severe to the moderate occurrence of diarrhea in patients with a history of intestine infection. However, it is less commonly seen in many patients without having any liver problem. When a person takes medicine, especially antibiotics, it causes a certain change and deals with a number of intestinal bacteria. These changes in bacteria sometimes cause loose tools or mild diarrhea, which after completing the medical course stops. (6)
- Fever:Fever is very less commonly found in a patient having Augmentin 625 Mg Tablet duo, but consuming with other medicine may elevate fever like condition in the patients.
- Joint pain:One may feel severe joint pain if the medicine's dosage is not monitored.
- Painful intercourse:One may feel severe to rare pain while making sexual intercourse if proper monitoring of the medication is not performed.
- Swelling of the face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet: These side effects measure from critical to the rare reaction of having amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablets.
- Nervous system: This particular side effect is rarely included in the side effects of Augmentin 625 duo tablet, but has been reported in many cases. Agitation, behavioral changes, confusion, and anxiety issues are found in patients consuming this medicine. Many cases of psychosis associated with amoxicillin therapy have also been reported due to amoxicillin uses, but basic problems underlying are bacterial infections or concomitant medication.
4. Experts Instruction:
- Augmentin 625 Duo tablet is prescribed to cure bacterial infections, even if they have developed antibiotic resistance. The components of augmentin are formed in a way that it ceases the growth of bacteria and disables them to become resistant to the antibiotic. The given course of the prescription must be completed thoroughly, otherwise, the infection can hit back and becomes more resistant to the medicine. Resistant bacteria are even harder to treat if the medication course is not completed.
- One must consume the medicine with food and plenty of liquid to avoid a stomach ache.
- If the requirement to consume the medicine generates once again, then previous leftover medicines should be avoided. Before consuming any antibiotic, consultation from the doctor must be taken.
- The medicine should be swallowed as a whole. The tablet, must not be chewed, broken or crushed at the time of intake. The Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet must be strictly taken with food.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is Augmentin 625 duo tablet?
The Augmentin 625 duo tablet refers to a penicillin antibiotic, frequently used in treating bacterial infections. It hinders the synthesis of the cell wall created by the bacteria through amoxicillin uses. It also stops the progression of bacterial infections in the body. The main components of the tablet are Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate. In any case, consumption of medicine should only be done, if prescribed by the doctor.
- Are there any allergic reactions of Augmentin? If yes, what are they?
Yes. Augmentin 625 duo tablet can cause allergies depending upon the components of the medicines. The allergies are harmfully caused due to certain reactions on penicillins.
- How long does one need to use Augmentin 625 duo tablet?
The prescribed medicine course must be completed in any case. As prescribed by the doctor, one should follow the regime of medicine until the infection is eliminated. Usually, the medical course should not exceed beyond 14 days without receiving a consultation from a doctor.
- At what frequency do one can consume the Augmentin 625 duo tablet?
Usually, the frequency is dependant on a doctor's prescription according to the severity of the infection. A doctor may prescribe the medicine 3-4 times a day with an interval up to 4-6 hours. Augmentin oral is usually advised to consume two times the daily dose. This medicine is a short-term treatment process for bacterial infections. Usually, after consumption, it starts showing its positive impact within one to two hours. The medicine's effectiveness lasts for 12 hours and in even 20 hours in some cases.
- Can one consume Augmentin 625 duo tablet empty stomach, before or after intake of food?
This medicine is specifically taken in oral form. The salts involved in its best work with food. If the medicine is taken empty stomach, then there are chances of causing stomach ache and acidity. Taking it with food reduces acidity as well as heartburn.
- What are the instructions to store and disposing of the Augmentin 625 duo tablet?
Salts involved in this medicine require to be kept at room temperature. Putting in an inadequate temperature may cause inappropriate effects. The medication needs to be kept away from children for safety purposes. Whereas, the medicine which has passed its expiry date should be disposed of because of their inadequate effects.
- Does Augmentin 625 mg tablet react with any type of alcohol?
Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate reaction with Augmentin 625 mg tablet is not proven yet, but consultation with the doctor is always suggested.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Augmentin Tablet, Chewable | WebMD Webmd.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Drug-Induced Liver Disease | Pharmaceutical Journal Pharmaceutical-journal.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Is Augmentin Safe to Use | Reports Healthcare Reportshealthcare.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium | Cigna Cigna.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Stocks of Antibiotic Augmentin Could Run out Within Months | The Journal Thejournal.ie, 01 June 2019
- ^ Antibiotic Associated Diarrhea | Harvard Health Health.harvard.edu, 01 June 2019
- ^ Augmentin Side Effects | Drugs Drugs.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Amoxycillin and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets IP - India Pharma India-pharma.gsk.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Sinus Infection | Medicine Net Medicinenet.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Treatment of Community Acquired Respiratory Tract Infection | NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 01 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.