Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
These 5 eggplant recipes will give you an idea of how versatile eggplant as a vegetable can be. Whether you want to grill eggplant, bake it with cheese, or enjoy it in a curry or stew, we've got recipes for you. Try and prepare recipes like smoked eggplant with Maggie or eggplant Baba Ganoush.
Do you love the taste of eggplant? Even if you don’t like the taste you must have tried eggplant once in your life. If you love eggplant in your food you have nothing to lose, but if you don’t, you are missing one of the best flavors available in the world of veggies. Chances are you've just never tasted delicious eggplant recipes before. The pale flesh of this vegetable is certainly mild in flavor, and its spongy texture means it is soft and melts in your mouth. Aubergine, eggplant or brinjal (commonly known in Asia) comes in a variety of shapes and colors. Globe eggplants are the largest and most common while the smaller Japanese eggplant is long and narrow, with fewer seeds, thinner skin, and a milder taste. However, it does not matter what variety of eggplant you cook, it depends on the way you prepare the dish. All it takes to make eggplant flavorful and appealing is a little know-how on what ingredients to use and the culinary process.
The taste of eggplant recipes also depends on whether you're grilling it, roasting it, sauteing it, or blending it into smooth dips. Most of us especially like it when it's smoky and charred from intense direct heat; with the skin all wrinkled but not all of us are fond of it. If you want to try something different with eggplant, you have got miso-glazed eggplant slices topping a burger, crisp-edged fried eggplant smothered with tahini and packed into Israeli sabich sandwiches, smoked eggplant with Maggie and the creamiest eggplant baba Ganoush. Eggplant is so versatile, you can fry it, stuff it, bake it, grill it and also use as a substitute for meat.
If you still believe that it has a stringy, bitter, greasy, or bland taste, you must try these 5 delicious healthy eggplant recipes.
Eggplant as a Main Dish
1. Sabich Sandwiches (Pitas With Eggplant, Eggs, Hummus, and Tahini)
This Israeli eggplant dish will certainly grab your attention just by its colorful presentation. Pita, which is a kind of bread, is filled with moist slices of fried eggplant, hard-boiled egg, creamy hummus, Israeli pickles, and Israeli salad which is topped with tahini and pickled-mango sauce. Together they create an orchestra of delightful flavors that will excite your taste buds.
How to cook?
- Place tomatoes in a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl and toss with a generous pinch of salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes. After the liquid is expelled from the tomatoes add cucumber, lemon juice, parsley, and some salt according to taste.
- Heat one-fourth inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry eggplant slices until it turns golden brown on both sides and transfer them to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Mix cabbage and vinegar together and season with salt
- Make a pocket inside the pita bread and spread 3 tablespoons of hummus evenly. Put the amount of eggplant you like and top it off with tahini sauce. Add sliced eggs, Israeli pickles, salad, and remaining tahini sauce into each pita, drizzle with amba (pickled mango sauce), and serve hot.
2. Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Shooter's-Style Sandwich
In this recipe, roasted vegetables, caramelized onions, and goat cheese are packed into a hollowed out loaf of bread. The filled bread is tightly wrapped and pressed for several hours to pack the flavors into a perfect bite-size sandwich.
How to cook?
- Bake eggplant in an oven and season with kosher salt on all sides. Once it is cooked, compress the eggplant with paper towels to extract the excess moisture. After the liquid has been drained mix the eggplant with one tablespoon of oil and mushroom.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven and cook for 10 minutes until mushrooms are tender and browned. Take out the mushroom and continue cooking eggplant until it turns golden brown.
- Next, fry diced onions in butter and let it cook till it settles with pale brown fond. Add some water and continue cooking the onions after they are completely softened into a deep, dark brown color. Also, season it with salt.
- Heat two tablespoon in a pan and put zucchini slices and salt as much as you like and let it fry for about two minutes. Remove excess oil for improved taste.
- Cut out the edges of bread slices and hollow out some space. Put half of the caramelized onion, roasted red peppers, half the eggplant, half the goat cheese, some zucchini, and portobellos, add a second layer with the same ingredients.
- Wrap them tightly in aluminum foil and compress them with heavy weights. When ready to eat, slice sandwich into four to six pieces with a bread knife, unwrap and serve.
3. Stove-top Eggplant With Harissa, Chickpeas, and Cumin Yogurt
Most eggplant recipes are either cooked or roasted whole. In this one, the eggplant is peeled and then pan-fried it whole, so that the exterior turns browns while the inside cooks. The dish is served swimming in an easy yogurt-based sauce, spiked with harissa and cumin along with tomatoes and chickpeas.
How to Cook?
- Heat oil in a pan and add eggplant and turn it brown on all sides. Continue to cook till the vegetable gets soft on the inside. Sprinkle water on the pan if required.
- Mix harissa, chickpeas, and tomatoes together, then add to the eggplant. Meanwhile, season it with salt and pepper and add water if necessary to make the sauce consistent. Combine the yogurt and cumin in a serving bowl and season with salt and paper according to taste.
- Top the eggplant mixture with parsley, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, and serve with the yogurt on the side.
4. Eggplant, Squash, and Cherry Tomato Hash With Baked Eggs
This colorful, brunch-friendly dish of baked eggs layered in a nest of sauteed vegetables is a combination of hash and ratatouille. After cooking the eggplant in the microwave and squeeze out its water to keep the eggplant from absorbing too much oil. This dish also requires squash and zucchini, which are cooked separately to preserve their delicate flavor and texture.
How to Cook?
- Season eggplant slices lightly with salt on all sides and cook in a microwave until it is soft and tender. Compress the eggplant and try to remove all the excess liquid.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook eggplant along with salt and pepper.
- Cook squash and zucchini slices until well browned, add salt to taste.
- In the same pan, add fry onions, garlic, and tomatoes till it is crispy brown.
- Mix all the ingredients in a skillet and break an egg over it. Let it bake till the yolk is soft.
- Season it with pepper and serve immediately with hot sauce or chili paste.
5. Smoked Eggplant with Maggie
Making homemade noodles is rewarding but time-intensive, which is why Maggie from Nestle is such a lifesaver. It has great spicy flavor, long curly noodles and can be cooked within 2 minutes but the taste can always be improved with the addition of your own homemade toppings. Sliced scallions, soft-boiled eggs, and deeply savory eggplant are the ingredients you need to elevate the flavor that excite your taste buds.
How to Cook?
- Evenly grill the eggplant in an oven and wrap it with foil.
- After it is tenderly cooked, scoop out the inside flesh and discard all the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh of the eggplant and into a fine paste and pour it into a pot.
- Add a cup of water and dry meat flakes to the eggplant and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the liquid into a pot, which will be used as broth later. Keep the solid pieces aside to use as a topping.
- Add soya sauce to the strained liquid and simmer over a medium flame for about 10 minutes till the liquid is concentrated.
- Prepare Maggie as usual and top it off with eggplant and meat flakes. Pour the broth on the Maggie serve it hot.
Try preparing these delicious eggplant recipes at home and enjoy every bite of your meal. These recipes are all made from common household ingredients and are absolutely easy to prepare, so try cooking this dish next time your friends come for a visit or whenever in a mood to try something new. Keep following Elawoman blog for more of such interesting reads as you also keep yourself updated on IVF and surrogacy treatments.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.