Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
IUI with donated Sperm is an ART (Assisted Reproductive Technique) treatment in which the donor sperm is utilized for a successful intra uterine insemination procedure. Sperm Donor IUI ensures that a woman with either infertile male partner or without a male partner is able to conceive using Sperm donated from some other healthy male.
Sperm Donor IUI is one of the most popular and well-utilized procedures in the field of ART (Assisted Reproduction Technique). Sperm donor or heterologous insemination also knows IUI as artificial insemination. Once the woman finds a right candidate for Sperm Donor Intra Uterine Insemination, the procedure is commenced and completed successfully. Frozen sperm sample from the sperm banks or fresh sperm sample can be utilized during the process depending upon the requirements of the woman undergoing treatment. The main difference between Sperm Donor IUI and IUI is that in sperm donor IUI, the sperms utilized during the process are from the male who is not that woman’s sexual partner. Let’s discuss in detail the procedure, benefits and drawbacks of Sperm donor IUI.
What is the procedure of Sperm Donor IUI?
There are a series of steps, which are followed in the case of Sperm Donor Intra Uterine Insemination.
1. Ovarian Stimulation:
Mild ovarian stimulation is done at the doctor’s office. This helps to form a firm base for a successful intra uterine procedure Ovarian stimulation includes administration of fertility drugs in the female body to ensure desired growth and development of the egg.
2. Ovulation Induction or Triggering the Egg Release:
Once the ovarian stimulation is done successfully and the follicles have reached their desired size, ovulation induction is performed to trigger the release of eggs/oocytes from the mature follicles. It is known that egg release takes place after 36-40 hours of hCG trigger shot or ovulation induction.
3. Donor sperm Thawing Process:
Most of the times, frozen sperm sample is used to carry out donor sperm IUI. Frozen sperm sample needs to be at room temperature before it can be used for insemination. For bringing back the sperm sample’s temperature at room temperature, thawing process is used. The frozen sperm sample is left at room temperature thus letting it melt. This helps the donor sperm to become fluid in nature. It is important to note that once the frozen sperm is melted at room temperature, it cannot be frozen again.
So, it is made sure that the frozen sperm is melted only during the procedure to avoid wasting it. This step is performed when the ovulation is about to happen in the woman undergoing treatment.
The last step of the Sperm Donor Intra Uterine Insemination is Insemination. The donor sperms are inserted inside the uterus of the woman with the help of a syringe via vagina.
This completes the procedure of Sperm Donor Intra Uterine Insemination successfully.
What are the benefits of Sperm Donor IUI?
There are certain benefits of Sperm Donor IUI, which makes it a good option for the individuals who are looking for the best type of assisted reproductive treatments.
1. One of the prime benefits of Sperm Donor IUI is that it is much useful for single ladies who do not want to get married but have their own babies. Also, in recent times, the number of the lesbian couples opting for Sperm Donor IUI is on the rise. In this way, even lesbian couples can now have happy families with the help of modern era assisted reproductive treatments.
2. Couples who are trying for a baby for many years with no success due to several infertility issues in man can also opt for Sperm Donor IUI. It is one of the cost effective treatment. Hence, Sperm Donor IUI treatment can help couples to become happy parents of a healthy baby.
What are the drawbacks of Sperm Donor IUI?
There are certain drawbacks thatare associated with Sperm Donor IUI which make it challenging for the individuals to opt for Sperm Donor Intra Uterine Insemination.
- Due to tough screening process, only few sperm donors are eligible for sperm donation. HEFA, a government body keeps a watch on sperm donors and their important information. This makes it quite challenging for the individuals to apply and pass the screening with all legal formalities. This leads to lesser number of Sperm Donors available for Sperm Donor IUI procedure.
- Singles or couples need to follow the laws of donor insemination. Also, most of the clinics have their own set of regulations, which makes it difficult for them to find the donors.
Thus, Sperm Donor IUI is useful for having babies if the male fertility levels are affected or if a woman is single. You can utilize this procedure to have your own healthy baby.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Physical factors to consider before donating sperm Sperm Donor, Elawoman - 2017
- Drugs, monitoring, procedure for iui IUI treatment, Elawoman - 2017
- Everything you need to now about intrauterine insemination (iui) IUI procedure, Elawoman - 2017
- Treatments used for infertility issues in couples infertility issues, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.