Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Natural Cycle IUI treatment does not utilize medications during the procedure. Natural Cycle IUI success rates vary with the case of the patient. Benefits of Natural cycle IUI include cost effectiveness, reduced cases of multiple pregnancies, and less invasive procedure.
Know the best ways of Natural Cycle IUI :
- How to get prepared for Natural Cycle IUI?
- What is the Procedure of Natural Cycle IUI?
- How to Monitor Natural cycle IUI?
- When is Natural Cycle IUI recommended?
- What are the Benefits of Natural Cycle IUI procedure?
- How many costs of Natural cycle IUI?
- What is the Drawbacks of Natural Cycle IUI procedure?
If you and your partner are trying to conceive for a long time and have not been diagnosed with any fertility issues, then natural cycle IUI is an ideal choice. Sometimes, a couple might not have any fertility problems but still, the couple may require fertility treatment due to unexplained infertility. In such cases, natural cycle IUI should be the first preferred choice in which no medicines are utilized for egg growth and ovulation induction. Women with regular menstrual cycles are the best candidates for natural cycle IUI. In a natural cycle, IUI, naturally produced egg and hormones are utilized to achieve pregnancy successfully. Natural cycle IUI is performed under constant monitoring to keep a closer watch on the time of ovulation. Let’s discuss in detail more about the Natural cycle IUI procedure, monitoring, benefits, and risks. (1) (2)
Before starting the procedure of natural cycle IUI, there are certain things, which need to keep in mind to ensure the success of natural cycle IUI. (3)
1. Track Ovulation: Tracking ovulation is the main step before undergoing IUI. Following steps are followed to ensure the determination of the ovulation in a precise manner:
- The woman who is undergoing natural cycle IUI is asked to keep a watch on her menstrual cycle from day one till the insemination procedure to determine ovulation.
- Ovulation predictor kits can be used to check LH surge in the body and hence scheduling the insemination procedure.
- Once the LH surge is noticed, the insemination procedure is scheduled in next 24- 36 hours. Sometimes, hCG trigger shot is given to induce ovulation. In this case, insemination is performed after 30-36 hours.
- Sometimes, the doctor may also ask for ultrasound scans and blood tests to determine the approximate time of ovulation.
2. Good Diet: Start eating healthy foods to prepare your body well for the insemination procedure. (4)
4. Stop taking any other Medicines: If you are being on any medications, let your fertility doctor know about the same. Never go for the medicines, which might interact with your IUI procedure.
5. Try Yoga or Meditation: Undergoing the IUI process can be stressful sometimes. So, it is better to manage your stress levels by involving in activities such as yoga and meditation. You can also join community groups for a stress-free life.
- The woman’s cycle is constantly monitored to determine the time of the insemination procedure. Once the day is finalized, the male partner submits the semen sample in the clinic on the day of the insemination procedure. (6)
- The semen is washed properly in the laboratory and only the useful and motile sperms are kept for the procedure. The process of sperm washing prevents any kind of reactions or irritation, which can otherwise occur due to the presence of the semen in the uterus.
- A small quantity of insemination fluid is prepared to suspend the washed sperms into it.
- The doctor inserts a vaginal speculum inside the cervix and visualizes it to insert the insemination fluid.
- The sperm specimen is inserted into the uterus with the help of a thin and flexible IUI catheter.
- Once the procedure is completed, the doctor asks the patient to rest for around 15-20 minutes in the clinic. Then, the patient is discharged. The patient can resume back to the normal routine after the completion of a procedure.
Natural cycle IUI needs to be monitored to know the timing of the insemination procedure beforehand. The doctor may follow various techniques to monitor the growth of the mature follicle and the day of egg release. (7)
- Ovulation Predictor Kits: Ovulation Predictor kit or commonly known as OPKs are utilized to determine the elevation of LH hormone in the blood. Once the positive surge is noted on the OPK, insemination is scheduled after 24-36 hours.
- Ultrasound Scans: Ultrasound scan is started from day 8 to check the size of a dominant follicle. If the egg size reaches 18-20 mm, the insemination procedure is scheduled in the next 35 hours.
- Blood Test: Blood tests are performed to check the levels of LH hormone and Estradiol hormone in the blood, which also help in determining the ovulation time.
Not everyone is eligible for natural cycle IUI. A couple with the below-mentioned problems can be considered for natural cycle IUI but provided that the female partner has regular menstrual cycles. (8)
1- Mild Male Factor Infertility
This is one of the prime reasons why natural cycle IUI procedure is recommended to the couples. Low semen count and poor sperm motility make it difficult for the sperms to fertilize the egg.
2- Sexual Dysfunction
Some males suffer from sexual dysfunction in which they are unable to ejaculate at the time of the vaginal intercourse. This makes it difficult for them to get their wife pregnant in a natural way.
3- Requirement of Donor Sperm
This happens when the sperm count of the partner is less than the desired number or the sperms do not have sufficient mobility for the occurrence of a successful pregnancy. This can also be the case when a single mother wants to be a parent.
There are multiple benefits of natural cycle IUI procedure. Let’s discuss these benefits one by one in detail (9):
1. Reduced risk of multiple pregnancies: There are very lesser chances of multiple pregnancies during this procedure since no fertility drugs are administered for multiple eggs development. This also prevents the requirement of embryo reduction procedure.
2. No risk of ovarian hyperstimulation (OHSS): Fertility drugs utilized in most of the other assisted reproductive treatments such as medicated IUI, IVF cause the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation. But in natural cycle IUI, there are no issues of ovarian hyperstimulation.
3. Cost-effective: The cost of Natural Cycle IUI procedure is much less than that of the medicated IUI or IVF. Normal IUI cost can vary from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000. While natural IUI cost varies from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 15,000.
4. Less invasive procedure: The procedure is less invasive than in vitro fertilization and medicated artificial insemination procedure.
Natural cycle IUI cost includes the cost of the doctor’s consultation, ultrasound scans, and the insemination procedure. In India, it can vary from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 15,000 depending upon the clinic and the extent of monitoring required.
Success Rate of Natural cycle IUI
The success rate of a natural cycle is very low and it decreases drastically with age. The success rate for natural IUI or un-stimulated IUI can vary from 4% to 10%. The percentage of success is more when the couple is young. (10)
The success rates of this procedure reduce with the age of the individuals. The woman above 35 years of age should not rely on natural cycle IUI. The success rate for natural cycle IUI has been observed very low. It is around 4-20% on an average across the world.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Semen Preparation Techniques in Intrauterine Insemination Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 06 August 2019
- ^ What to Expect When You Have Your First Iui Procedure | Parents Parents.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ Success in Pregnancy Through Intrauterine Insemination Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 06 August 2019
- ^ Healthy Eating | HelpGuide Helpguide.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ How to Start Exercising: A Beginner's Guide to Working Out | Healthline Healthline.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ Is IUI a Successful Fertility Treatment? | Verywell Family Verywellfamily.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ What Is the Optimal Moment for IUI in Natural Cycles? Fertstert.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Natural Cycle Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Fertstert.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Intrauterine Insemination Bioline.org.br, 06 August 2019
- ^ Success Rate of Inseminations Dependent on Maternal Age? Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 06 August 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.