Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Fertility treatments in India are performed under international quality standards. The infertility centres house highly experienced doctors to provide high-quality treatment at affordable prices. Most of the IVF clinics in India are specialized in treating every type of infertility problems.
India is one of the established and reliable destinations for all infertile couples. There are multiple numbers of infertility clinics in India which helps infertile couples to live there parenthood dream. The fertility clinics in India are well established and doctors hold vast expertise in infertility treatments. Infertility happens when a couple cannot conceive after having regular intercourse. Infertility can be caused due to genetic factors, hypospadias, cystic fibrosis, and radiation therapy. Infertility treatments in India or worldwide depends on many factors, including the age of the person who wishes to conceive, how long infertility has lasted, personal preferences, and their general state of health. (1) The fertility clinics in India maintain high standards, use advanced and modern techniques to treat all the patients. The cost of infertility treatments is different because it depends on the chosen clinic. In fact, India is one of the largest and fastest growing private health sectors in the world. All the private hospitals in India are well equipped with all of the latest technology and facilities which are managed by highly trained professionals. The hundreds of private fertility clinics in the country are no exception as most of the hospitals in India have adopted international quality standards. India also has some of the most flexible regulations on fertility treatment which been attracting medical tourists from all around the world.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is fertility treatment?
- What are the types of Infertility treatments offered in India?
- Why India is chosen as the preferred destination for IVF treatment?
- Why come to India for IVF Treatment?
- What are the causes of Infertility in a patient?
- What is the cost of IVF treatment in India?
- What are the names of the fertility clinics that offer affordable IVF treatment in India?
Fertility treatments are provided to couples who are facing difficulty in conceiving naturally. It can be due to blocked fallopian tubes, severe endometriosis, ovarian disorders, male infertility or sometimes the cause is unknown. The couple’s age also plays an important role in infertility treatments as the chances of success drop due to deterioration of the reproductive system. Clinics throughout India are well established and have flexible regulations that allow treatments for women who are in their mid-fifties for singles and also for same-sex couples. India is making advancement in medical and health research and gives the best treatment and services as per the requirement and satisfaction of the patient. The fertility clinics in India provides satisfaction to the patients in terms of cost, treatment and in terms of other health care services. (2)
The good news for the childless couples is that most of the IVF clinics in India are specialized for treating every type of infertility problem. The childless couples who are tired of running around to various infertility clinics to get the best treatment can now head towards India with a hope of successful treatment. The major infertility issues resolved are blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, ovulation problems, low ovarian reserve or issues related to sperm count and motility. There is a wide range of infertility treatments such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, and Surrogacy procedures.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): IVF is one of the types of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). It is a process that involves fertilization of an egg with the sperm in an advanced IVF laboratory. The process involves stimulating the ovary to grow follicles which are required in the In Vitro Fertilization procedure. The eggs are then collected from the ovaries via a small procedure and are kept for fertilization with the sperm in a petri dish under a specific temperature. After the eggs are fertilized with the sperm in an advanced IVF laboratory the embryo is formed and is then transferred to the uterus of a woman. The process is called "In Vitro" as the fertilization occurs outside the body in a well equipped IVF laboratory in a standard fertility clinic. (3) IVF success rates are the percentage of the performed IVF procedures that result in a favorable outcome or had a positive outcome. (4) Compared to other infertility treatments, IVF treatment provides the best chance of success in having a baby. IVF procedure is the best option for couples who cannot conceive naturally.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): Intrauterine Insemination is one of the commonly used infertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate egg fertilization. The main aim of Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is to boost the chances of sperm that reach the blocked fallopian tubesin the woman for fertilizing eggs. This helps in making a pregnancy successful in case of lack of intercourse in such cases. (5) It is an affordable treatment option compared to other infertility treatments in India. This infertility treatment is recommended to the patients having endometriosis, pelvic infections, or blocked fallopian tubes. If a couple has the IUI procedure performed each month then success rates may reach as high as 20% per cycle. The success rate of IUI procedure depends on variables such as the age of the female, the reason for infertility, and whether fertility drugs were used, among other variables. IUI procedure is performed at the time of ovulation, generally within 24-36 hours after the LH surge is detected. It can be also performed after the “trigger” injection of hCG is administered to the patient. (6)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is one of the specialized forms of infertility procedures that is used primarily for the treatment of severe cases of male-factor infertility. In the process of ICSI, an injection is inserted directly into a mature egg for successful fertilization to result in a positive pregnancy. This helps in fertilization of egg which leads to embryo formation. After the embryo is formed then it is transferred to the uterus of a woman for a successful pregnancy. (7) ICSI procedure is an effective treatment for men with infertility. (8) It is used in cases which have been diagnosed with severe infertility issues in men. It is the most successful type of treatment for infertile men.
- Surrogacy: Surrogacy is a medical procedure supported by a legal agreement, where a surrogate mother is ready to carry a pregnancy for intended parents. (9) Surrogacy process involves a surrogate mother who carries the baby for the intended parents. To ensure that the intended parents face no obstacles to get their baby from the surrogate mother. Altruistic surrogacy is currently legal in India. According to the Bill, only legally married Indian couples who are allowed to opt for surrogacy treatment. Also in Altruistic surrogacy, only close relatives can become a surrogate for “medically proven infertile" couples in India. Both parties need to have a mutual understanding while opting for the procedure. (10) It is the last option for all the infertile couples or singles to accomplish their parenthood dream. Every country has its own surrogacy related regulations which need to be followed from time to time for each of the procedures.
- TESA: TESAstands for Testicular Epididymal Sperm Aspiration. It is one of the recently introduced infertility procedures in recent times. In this procedure, the sperms are extracted from testes and are then used in the In Vitro Fertilization procedure for fertilizing eggs thus forming required embryos. An increasing number of cases are performed by non-urologists also at times known as called Andrologist.
- MESA: MESA means Micro Epididymal Sperm Aspiration. This is a procedure performed for men who have undergone vasectomy procedure or who are suffering from epididymal obstruction. It is one of the advanced procedure used to help an infertile couple to have their baby.
- Pregnancy delivery: Many fertility centers in India provide a go-to guide during pregnancy delivery. These centers guide patients and help them prepare for the labor pain which happens during pregnancy. Safe pregnancy delivery and childbirth are essential to give every child the best start in life and the chance to fulfill their potential. The main aim of the hospitals or clinics is to put women at the center of care, enhance their pregnancy experience, and ensure their babies have a healthy, positive beginning. (11)
IVF treatment in India has become the choice of many infertile couples because of its increasing success rates. Infertile couples from across the world visit India for fertility treatment. This is because the success rate of infertility treatment is higher than in other countries. The number of infertile international patients is rising every year. The cost of the infertility treatment in India is affordable as compared to other countries. As per research, around 15 percent of both male and female population of India are infertile. On average, the infertility hospitals in India treat hundreds of cases per month successfully. India is a popular destination for infertility treatments because its specialized fertility treatments are matching the highest international standards. Most of the infertility centers in India assist international patients their journey by providing them accommodation support, airport picks and drops, translation assistance, and also an international lounge.
IVF in India has gained a lot of recognition around the globe and is considered as one of the best destinations for IVF treatments. It is a well-known fact that India is home to highly experienced and qualified doctors in different fields of medicine especially infertility treatments. It also comprises world-class infrastructure to provide high-quality treatment at affordable prices. There are states in India which are well recognized for various types of infertility treatment. The best IVF treatment and medication are always provided in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Lucknow. Each year, couples who are facing infertility issues from across the globe visit to various fertility centers in India for successful results. Every center is regularly audited according to guidelines laid down by national and international healthcare bodies.
Metropolitan cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Chennai are considered as best for medical treatments for the following reasons:
- These cities offer infertility treatments at affordable costs as compared to western countries
- They comprise of modern infrastructure in the medical sector
- The fertility clinics situated in these metropolitan cities treat their patients with the help of the popular and in demand state of the art technology
- The clinics situated in the metro cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore are served by experienced and qualified doctors who follow most advanced methods to treat infertile patients
- Most of the centers are easily accessible for patients who want to go for infertility treatments
- Top IVF center in the metropolitan center provides advanced facilities
- Most of the centers are served by the well-trained staff and professionals
- Transparent treatment procedures and helpful counseling sessions provided to patients.
India is coming up as a major hub for infertility centers worldwide. The reason behind this is that medical expertise is cost-effective. Each year, an infertile couple from across the globe flock to various fertility centers in India. It is a matter of great pride for India to say that the success rate of IVF has been overwhelmingly high. The best ones are concentrated in large parts of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Lucknow, among others. The success rate of IVF is in the range of 30-35 percent per embryo transfer.
The following factors make India the best place for infertility treatments:
- Low-cost infertility treatments as compared to western countries
- Availability of state of the art treatment technology
- Skilled English-speaking personnel to officiate infertility treatment for foreigners
- The easy transition of patients coming for medical tourism in the country. (12)
Infertility is a condition of the male or female reproductive system that prevents the occurrence of pregnancy. It not only affects the couple but also affects their extended family as well. Those couples who cannot get pregnant naturally can enjoy this pleasure by opting infertility treatments in India. There are multiple cases where a person can need to go for infertility treatments such as IVF, IUI, ICSI, TESA, MESA, and surrogacy procedures.
- Female Infertility: Reduced fertility in women on the basis of their age, majorly in women above the age of 40. The woman can now opt for IVF or surrogacy for completing their parenthood dream.
- Male Infertility: Male infertility deals with low sperm count or abnormalities in sperm shape. A man having infertility problems can now go for IUI, ICSI, MESA or TESA. These procedures help in extracting sperms from the testicles so that the egg can be fertilized successfully in the laboratory under the guidance of infertility specialist.
- Damage Fallopian Tubes: Problems related to Fallopian tubes like blocked or damaged fallopian tubes can cause infertility. The patient dealing with this problem can consult an embryologist and get it removed or unblock. It will increase the chance of having a positive pregnancy.
- Endometriosis: It is a disorder in which the tissue that usually lines inside of the uterus starts growing outside the uterus. Endometriosis can also get treated and help a patient in having a baby.
- Ovulation Problem: Reduction in the ovarian function or irregular periods can cause infertility. In this case, a woman can opt for surrogacy. Surrogacy is also one of the most opted types of assisted reproductive technology. This process helps a couple to enjoy their parenthood by having their child with the help of the third party namely a surrogate mother.
- Unexplained infertility
The success rates and cost of IVF treatment are the two leading concerns that medical tourists usually have prior to their arrival in India. Therefore, it is important for the patients to know about the fertility centers who are presently having a network of curated IVF treatment. The infertility centers offer IVF treatment cost in India which is much affordable than a majority of other countries. In addition, the treatment is offered by internationally certified and accredited IVF hospitals and clinics who have constantly reported the highest IVF success rates. The availability of affordable yet advanced IVF technology, skilled and professional doctors, and quality sperm, and egg banks are some of the leading reasons why medical tourists prefer to come to India for infertility treatments. Each year, thousands of infertile couples from within India and abroad undergo this procedure and many of them are able to conceive in the first attempt itself. In case any patient fails in her first IVF cycle then she can opt for another IVF cycle. The success of IVF increases with the number the cycle performed for each of the chosen medical cases.
In comparison to the other countries, infertility treatments in India are provided at very reasonable and affordable cost along with the high quality of medical services. If in case a patient cannot afford the cost of any fertility treatment then insurance scheme is also provided by some modern and reputed infertility hospitals in India. Since some infertility treatment requires the patient to attend several sessions with the doctor and sometimes admit for thorough check-ups then the cost could vary based upon the treatments. While one basic IVF session could cost anything between Rs 2 lacs and Rs 3.5 lacs, it could go up to Rs 4.5 lakhs depending on the patient’s cycle and specified treatment.
Here is a list the following infertility treatments with their respective cost:
- For a simple Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) treatment, the cost can range between Rs.10,000 and Rs.15,000 depending on the patient’s medications and other needs.
- For advanced level of treatments like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), the cost ranges between Rs. 2.5 lakhs and Rs. 3 lacs In cases when donor oocytes are used the cost of IVF may rise up to Rs. 3.5 lacs approximately which significantly varies with the case of the patient.
- Surrogacy is another option for women who have had their uterus removed or had multiple miscarriages, repeated IVF failures or chromosomal variation in reproductive organs. Surrogacy is a form of third-party reproduction and can cost between Rs 10 lacs and Rs 18 Lacs.
These infertility treatments give couples a second chance to complete their family. Every couple can get infertility treatments at a reasonable cost in best Infertility center in India with specialized doctors within your budget.
There are several fertility clinics in India that provide highly reliable and affordable treatment services to their patients. Infertile couples now have many choices to live their dream of being a parent and have their own child. Here is a list of the 10 most trusted infertility centers across the country:
- Shantah Fertility Centre, Vasant Vihar, Delhi
- Oasis Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Anna Nagar, Chennai
- Morpheus Fertility Center, Juhu, Mumbai
- Oasis Centre For Reproductive Medicine, LB Nagar, Warangal
- Mannat Fertility Clinic, Marathahalli, Bangalore
- Sneh Hospitals and IVF Center, Sion Nagar, Ahmedabad
- Vedansha Hospital, Surendra Nagar, Nagpur
- Milann Fertility Center, Nathalal Colony, Ahmedabad
- SCI IVF Centre, Noida Sector 63, Noida
- Indore Infertility Clinic, Agra Bombay Road, Indore
A patient can choose one of the above-mentioned hospitals in India as they provide the world's best facilities with the help of their professionals. Every infertility center in India follow international medical standards and make use of modern technology for infertility treatments. Once a couple chooses their infertility clinic based on proximity then they can consult the concerned infertility doctor about their problem and understand the process before they actually make a decision to go ahead.
Infertility treatments have become a popular technique of having a baby in today's era. You can check here all the details related to Infertility treatment in India, why you should go for fertility treatments in India, types of infertility treatments and IVF cost in India. Top healthcare platforms such as Elawoman would be happy to help you find the best IVF centers in India for successful IVF treatments. This will finally assist couples to have a baby and start their family. For a FREE appointment or for any query related to infertility treatments like IVF, IUI, and surrogacy, you can call us on the given number: +918929020600 or else can visit www.elawoman.com.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Infertility in Men and Women | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 08 June 2019
- ^ India A Preferred Destination for IVF Treatment Peertechz.com, 08 June 2019
- ^ Have a Lot of Patience, Spirit While Opting for IVF Treatment: Dr Rajalaxmi Business-standard.com, 08 June 2019
- ^ In Vitro Fertilisation | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 08 June 2019
- ^ Intrauterine Insemination: IUI | American Pregnancy Americanpregnancy.org, 08 June 2019
- ^ What Is IUI | Resolve Resolve.org, 08 June 2019
- ^ Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) Fertility Treatment | City Fertility Cityfertility.com.au, 08 June 2019
- ^ Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) | HFEA Hfea.gov.uk, 08 June 2019
- ^ Surrogacy | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 08 June 2019
- ^ Lok Sabha Passes Surrogacy Bill in Likely Boost for Adoption in India Livemint.com, 08 June 2019
- ^ Seven Ways Labor and Delivery Has Changed for the Better Utswmed.org, 08 June 2019
- ^ Cost of IVF Treatment in India and Laws You Must Know About Theindusparent.com, 08 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.