Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis is a procedure used before implantation to identify genetic defects within embryos. Therefore the PGD or PGS procedure is done before embryo transfer during an IVF cycle. The benefit of PGD is that it detects defects in embryo before its implantation in uterus.
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is a procedure, which is used to identify genetic defects in embryos, which are created through IVF procedure before pregnancy. (1) However, the main advantage of Preimplantation genetic screening is to avoid selective abortion, as the method makes the embryo free of all diseases. (2)
The article will let you know about:
- What is the procedure of Preimplantation genetic Diagnosis?
- What are the benefits of Preimplantation genetic Diagnosis?
In order to perform PGD procedure, pre-embryos must be available for screening. The patient has to go through a regular IVF cycle. (4) PGD or PGS procedure is usually processed after the collection of eggs from the ovaries followed by the fertilization process. The PGD procedure involves various steps:
- Five days developed cells are removed micro-surgically from the embryos. After this process, the collected embryos are then frozen. (5)
- The DNA of the cells is then evaluated to determine if any defect is present in embryo. PGD process can take at least seven days. (5)
- Once Preimplantation genetic diagnosis procedure has identified embryos free of genetic problems then the embryo will be implanted into the uterus. (5)
There are multiple benefits of PGD or PGS process which are mentioned below:
- Preimplantation genetic screening is done for single gene disorders to avoid their transmission. (6)
- PGD later reduces the requirement for amniocentesis in pregnancy. (4)
- It ensures the implantation of the selected or tested pre-embryo. (4)
- PGS reduces the risk of multiple pregnancies. (7)
- The screening procedure identifies abnormalities in embryos and also prevents unhealthy embryo from being transferred into the uterus. (7)
- PGS or PGD procedure is performed before embryo implantation thus it allows the couple to decide if they wish to continue with the pregnancy or not. (5)
Egg Fertilization during Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) will be done either by:
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) - In this procedure, the sperm and egg are placed together in a laboratory for fertilization.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) - In this procedure, a single sperm is injected in the center of an egg to fertilize. (3)
Apart from reading interesting blogs, you can also know about various infertility treatments such as IVF, IUI, ICSI, TESA, MESA, and Surrogacy by visiting our official website elawoman.com or else you can contact us on +918929020600 and speak to our fertility specialist.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis - Med Scape Emedicine.medscape.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis - Wiki Pedia En.wikipedia.org, 29 March 2019
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis - Genetic Alliance Geneticalliance.org.uk, 29 March 2019
- ^ What Is Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis - SCRC IVF Blog.scrcivf.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Benefits - American Pregnancy Americanpregnancy.org, 29 March 2019
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) on In-Vitro Fertilization - NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 29 March 2019
- ^ Benefits & Risks of PGD - Color ad Womens Health Arm.coloradowomenshealth.com, 29 March 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.