Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Natural cycle IVF also commonly known as natural IVF is an IVF method where no stimulating drugs or medications are used as part of the IVF treatment. During this process, one single egg is retrieved from the female during ovulation, which is used to form the embryo. Embryo thus formed is transferred back into the uterus.
Natural cycle IVF or natural IVF is the process of invitro fertilization techniquein which a single mature egg is retrieved from the ovaries. The egg being retrieved during the process is matured naturally as the part of woman’s cycle. No medications or stimulation drugs are used to produce the mature eggs. Natural Cycle IVF is used on the patients with normal ovarian reserve. It is a known fact that with aging the women’s capability to have a baby naturally decreases. Natural IVF relies completely on the natural cycle of the women for egg production. Hence, this IVF technique is not preferred for the women who are in their late 30s or early 40s. In such women, stimulated cycle IVF - will always be the preferable option.
Difference between Natural Cycle IVF & Stimulated Cycle of IVF
In a Stimulated Cycle IVF, the female is given stimulating drugs to enhance the growth of eggs. Hence, with a stimulated cycle, multiple eggs can be retrieved at the same time. Once the eggs are retrieved, these are taken to the laboratory for fertilization. Out of multiple embryos formed via fertilization with sperms, 2-3 healthy embryos are transferred to the woman's uterus. Remaining healthy embryos are cryopreserved which can be used later on.While in a Natural IVF, eggs grown naturally in the ovaries are retrieved for fertilization in the lab. Most of the times, a single egg is retrieved with the process of natural cycle IVF. No additional medicines or drugs are used for the stimulation of ovaries.
The only difference between Natural Cycle IVF & Stimulated or Traditional IVF is that unlike traditional or stimulated cycle IVF; Natural Cycle IVF doesn't require the use of medicines for stimulating ovaries to release multiple eggs. But the natural cycle IVFrequires most of the steps and processes used for stimulated IVF.
How much Natural IVF Costs?
A natural IVF procedure costs 20-30% less than the stimulated or traditional cycle IVF as it doesn’t require administration of costly drugs used for ovarian stimulation to produce multiple eggs. The cost of natural cycle IVF varies from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 80,000.
Are you suitable for Natural Cycle IVF procedure?
1- If you are 30 years or under the age of 30, you can choose Natural Cycle IVF as you have higher fertility rate and a single egg released by your ovary is enough to fertilize and form healthy embryo successfully.
2- When a stimulated IVF cycle fails, the natural IVF can give a hope of getting pregnant. With natural cycle IVF, you are not required to undergo discomfort due to the excessive use of stimulating drugs.
3- If you don’t want hormonal therapies and drugs for stimulating ovaries to produce multiple eggs at a time, you can choose a more viable option of getting pregnant through Natural IVF.
4. If a woman has the risk of infertility or her present infertility levels are high in the early age of 20s, then Natural IVF procedure can be considered.
Benefits of Natural IVF
Now, the natural IVF cycle comes with certain benefits, which is making it a desired option over stimulated cycle IVF. But, you should always remember that not every couple could undergo natural cycle IVF. You need to fulfill certain criteria to get natural cycle IVF. Patients with good ovarian reserve are best suitable for this type of In-Vitro Fertilization. Now, let’s move on to the considerable benefits of natural cycle IVF.
- Natural IVF uses no medications or stimulation drugs, so you need to rely on your natural ability to produce eggs for fertilization through your ovulation.
- You do not get any side effects of hormonal therapies and drugs.
- Natural cycle IVF treatment costs less in comparison to conventional or stimulated IVF techniques.
- Less time is taken, as you are not required to go for drug therapies to produce eggs and egg retrieval.
- Less agonizing experience as you do not undergo fertility injections for egg growth.
- You need not have fear of multiple pregnancies.
- No tension of freezing extra eggs since one egg will be retrieved during the process, which will be used up at the same time.
- You are unlikely to develop OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation). Some women can have OHSS due to the usage of stimulation drugs. Now, in natural cycle, no drugs are used so there is no chance left of ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome.
- NC-IVF is good for cases of male fertility.
- It is less time consuming, as it doesn't require going through the process of medications to stimulate ovaries to release eggs.
Disadvantages of Natural IVF
As we know there are pros and cons associated with everything. So, natural cycle also comes with some disadvantages, whichcannot be ignored. Scroll below to find the disadvantages of natural cycle.
- Since ovaries release only one egg in a cycle, there are fewer chances of developing multiple embryos through this method. So, the rate of getting pregnant decreases in Natural IVF.
- Chances of fertilization are less as fertilization through single egg takes place in this process. You have to wait for your next cycle for another fertilization.
- A single egg is retrieved in this method.So, you have no chances of developing multiple embryos. Due to no extra embryos fertilized, you can’t preserve embryos for future use.
- This is not suitable for women with health issues, hormonal problems and irregular periods.
Does age matter before considering Natural Cycle IVF?
Age of women is considered a factor for high or low fertility. Women in the age group of 20-35 are more likely to have embryo formation through fertilization of a single egg. Women in this age group have the ability to develop more mature eggs having high tendency to fertilize. This may fail in older women.
Stimulated IVF makes ovaries release multiple eggs, so more fertilized embryos are formed and more chances of getting pregnant. Also, extra embryos can be preserved for the future use. So, this is the more viable option for women in the age group of 35-45 years.
Your fertility specialist is the best person to tell you which fertility treatment you should undergo. And, also you can call at +917899912611 for any fertility assistance.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Natural family planning - fertility awareness natural IVF procedure, Elawoman - 2017
- Seven natural fertility boosters for conceiving fast pregnant through Natural IVF, Elawoman - 2017
- What is in-vitro fertilization (ivf) and its needs IVF techniques, Elawoman - 2017
- 5 reasons for irregular periods irregular periods, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.