Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
IVF procedures performed across the world revolve around certain IVF laws which need to be followed to avoid legal complications. Certain IVF laws include natural sex selection terms, donor anonymity, duration of cryopreservation, sperm donation, embryo transfer stages, and protection of child rights.
Looking at Fertility Laws Around the World:
- Anonymity of Donors
- Pre Implantation Sex Determination
- Duration of Preservation of Embryos
- Sperm donation after death
- Embryo Transfer Stage
- Insurance coverage
- Protection of the child rights
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or test tube baby is one of the most commonly utilized ART (Assisted Reproductive) techniques in the recent times due to increasing infertility levels both in men and women around the world. IVF is a procedure of combining female eggs and male sperms in the lab to form an embryo. Embryo thus formed is transferred into the uterus of the female partner. Successful IVF results in the conception of a baby. This treatment is very common and it’s happening almost in every corner of the world. But you must know that legal laws specific to a country regulate IVF treatment. These laws have been made to protect the interests of doctors, donors, child and parents. It is essential that you understand the laws associated with the medical procedures to avoid any legal implications in the future.
Here are some of the laws, which are implemented all around the world to ensure that the process of IVF occurs in a peaceful way for both intended parents as well as clinics. Some of these laws are practiced only in a specific country and maybe not in other countries. Always check whether the law is applicable in your country or not.
One of the prime laws in the field of In Vitro Fertilization technique is that it requires maintaining the anonymity of the sperm or egg donor to a certain extent. If intended parents are interested in knowing the details about the sperm or egg donor, then they need to follow a set of steps, which are usually the legal formalities.
Every country has its own set of rules and you need to follow them with proper care. These rules define who can access the donors’ database whenever required. For instance,
- Portugal has a national level database of donors, which is available publicly.
- In countries like Spain, information regarding the donors can be given only when the child is suffering from a life threatening disorder.
- In Hong Kong, the information regarding the sperm donor has various levels of anonymity depending on the type of case. But for the egg donors, the information needs to be transparent.
- In India, the identity of egg donor or sperm donor is kept confidential. But the child can seek the information of donor when he/she becomes adult.
Sex selection of the child born with the help of IVF is a contradictory topic. You need to know that there are only a few countries, which allow the sex selection during IVF procedure. Sex determination before embryo implantation is a process of determining the gender of to be baby.
- The countries, which allow sex determination during IVF, include Hong Kong, Greece, Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Czech Republic, Libya and United States. If you want to choose a particular gender for your child, then these countries will allow you to do so. You can get this done due to various reasons like social issues and prevention of sex linked disorders. There are many individuals who want a proper balance in the family and this could also be a reason for the sex selection. The occurrence of genetic disorders is a big reason for choosing the gender of a child.
- But in countries like India, pre implantation gender selection is strictly prohibited and it’s against the laws.
Do you know that there are specific regulations related to the preservation of embryos? The embryos are now preserved successfully and the governments of various countries have made it a legal step. It is permissible to preserve embryos in the frozen form for a period of 5 years. This is only for the disease free or healthy individuals.
In case, you have acquired some kind of disorders like cancer then you can get an extended time period depending on the condition of your case. One of the best reasons of utilizing embryo freezing is that you will find it much easier in the successful completion of In Vitro Fertilization procedure. It is essential that the consent of two partners is available for the preservation as well as disposing of the embryos.
This is one of the most controversial laws present in the niche of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Sperm donation from a man needs his permission before the commencement of the procedure. Only the court provides the final permission. There are a series of legal steps, which needs to be followed for the successful donation of the sperms for a particular case.
Now, the question arises is it possible to use sperms after the death of a man. This depends on the laws of the respective state, doctor’s opinion as well as court’s decision.
- Countries like Israel, France, Germany, Canada and Sweden prohibit the usage of sperms the person’s death.
- In some of the states of USA, usage of sperms after death is allowed.
It is essential to know that nowadays there are different regulations associated with the timing of the development of embryos prior to the starting of implantation inside the uterus during In-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure. When the embryos reach at a certain stage, then only it’s transferred to the uterus. By this way, it is ensured that only the healthiest embryos are picked for the process. The best part of this law is that you can find the quality embryos for the process of IVF.
- Most of the countries have permitted the use of mature embryos for experimental purpose, to improve IVF success or if it is a demand of a particular case.
- But two countries namely Denmark and Senegal do not allow the usage of mature embryo transfer. It must be early embryo transfer only.
Insurance is one of the assets, which help the individuals financially while undergoing any medical treatment. Various countries offer a segment of rules, which are required to be followed in order to get insurance coverage for IVF. There are certain conditions, which need to be fulfilled if you want to avail the insurance amount for the respective medical procedure.
- In the countries like UK and US, you are able to fund your treatment procedures with the help of insurance coverage.
- In countries like Israel, the rules are comparatively stricter. It allows funding of the first two live births. Also, one needs to prove that there is a presence of the medical issue for timely assistance from the insurance company.
- In India, there is hardly any company, which provides insurance for fertility treatments.
This is an important aspect, which revolves around the safety and security of the child born through in vitro fertilization procedure. Welfare organizations are now built in different countries to ensure that various problems and issues related to the children born with the help of IVF procedure are solved in a proper manner. Some of the countries, which have these organizations up, and working are China, Finland, Italy, Hong Kong, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden as well as Australia. This helps in providing justice in case of any kind of family dispute or surrogate mother issues arise.
Thus, there are a set of customized rules and regulations, which every country follows when it comes to IVF treatment. Legal rules help in settling the major issues in a systematic and peaceful manner, which proves to be a boon for both, child as well as parents.
If you want to have an expert legal opinion on your fertility treatment, then Ela Legal Assistance is always ready to help you. Just give a quick call at +917899912611.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
1. Top 9 ivf success factors that impact occurrence of pregnancy Successful IVF, Elawoman - 2018
2. Know the types and causes of infertility in females and males IVF treatment, Elawoman - 2017
3. Egg donation - procedure of egg donation, when to choose an egg donor? egg donor, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.