Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of assisted reproductive technology which involves retrieving eggs from a woman's ovary and fertilizing them with the male sperms. Various stages for IVF include Fertility Medication stage, Egg Retrieval stage followed by Fertilization and Embryo Culture, and then finally by the stage of Embryo Transfer and Implantation process.
What is IVF?
IVF works differently on different patients, women undertaking IVF within the age group of 20-29 have more chances of getting pregnant as compared to women of age group from 30-35. The fertilized egg is then transferred to the uterus. The chances of pregnancy increases when more than one of the fertilized egg is implanted in your uterus. IVF process can be time consuming and take up several months like a month or two to complete the entire process.
Fertility treatment, IVF and surrogacy, is a booming market in the India economy and according to some projections overall investment in test tube baby treatment could be nearing to almost Rs. 500 crores. IVF is mostly attempted if less invasive or expensive options have failed or are unlikely to work. Individual procedures for IVF can cost between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 40 lakh depending on individual treatments, use of fertility drugs and other sophisticated treatments such as embryo freezing, sperm or egg donation, or ICSI, with surrogacy being the most expensive one. However, the costs of having an IVF baby in India are still much lower compared to other countries in the world. Couples with low fertility levels may require either donor sperm or eggs or both. IVF becomes necessary when a woman comes across one or more of the following conditions:
- Reduced fertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tube/s
- Uterine fibroids
- Reduced ovarian function
- Insufficient sperm production or function
- Genetic disorder
- Unexplained infertility
Other conditions that may require IVF treatment are:
- Chronic illnesses
- Abnormalities in reproductive system
- Same-sex couples
- Genetic disorders
IVF process on a step by step basis
Step 1: Fertility Medications
On the first day of your IVF treatment cycle, your fertility specialist will carry out certain test and ultrasound to examine uterus and ovarian function and to see that the hormone levels are normal, among other procedures. In this stage, a woman receives fertility drugs in order to stimulate the production of eggs.
Step 2: Egg Retrieval
The second step involves Egg retrieval that takes place around 14th or 15th day of the menstrual cycle. Eggs are collected from the ovaries via a surgical suite where a thin needle is injected into the upper walls of the vagina and then into ovary and finally into the follicles containing eggs. With the help of an ultrasound the fluid is gently removed from the follicles and eggs are removed and stored in an IVF incubator for fertilization. During this process medication is provided to relieve the pain.
Step 3: Fertilization and Embryo Culture
In the third stage, fertility specialist keeps a regular check to ensure that the fertilized eggs are dividing and developing. The most active sperm is usually taken into consideration and mixed with the egg for a better result. The fertilized egg is then placed in an incubator where it is continually monitored to ensure that healthy embryos are developing. The fertilization process is usually assessed for a period of 16 to 18 hours and the embryo is ready for implantation after its healthy growth.
Step 4: Embryo Transfer and Implantation process
The final step of IVF process is the transfer of embryo to the woman's uterus. Usually the most healthy embryos are selected for transfer. For this process, firstly a speculum/catheter is inserted into the uterus where embryos are transferred via a small plastic tube placed through the cervix into the uterine cavity. Soon after the IVF process, bed rest is usually suggested for one day.
IVF process is simple and painless for most women, although some women can experience mild cramping. After two weeks, if the IVF procedure is successful, the expectant mother is asked to get a pregnancy test done. If the expectant mother is tested positive for pregnancy, the doctor then prescribes certain foods and supplements, which are helpful during implantation.
Who can benefit from IVF?
IVF is an effective treatment for treating many different causes of infertility. For those woman who has been struggling to conceive for more than 6 months IVF is the perfect treatment. Many women have been successful with the IVF treatment at all stages of their reproductive years using their own or donor eggs. The success rates of test tube baby is immense in India as compared to other countries, with some hospitals boasting success rates as high as 70%, among younger women in their 20s. IVF treatment in India offers higher success rate for women in the age group of 20 -30 as compared to other treatments such as IUI. About 70% of women have increased chances of getting pregnant through IVF fertility treatments, and this often justifies the test tube baby cost.
IVF often offers hope where other methods have failed especially for those women who have been unsuccessful with different other fertility treatments, including fertility medications and IUI (intrauterine insemination) and people suffering from most types of infertility, including:
- For woman who have scarred, blocked, damaged or missing fallopian tubes, IVF is an excellent option. IVF process bypasses the role of fallopian tubes entirely and gives a more effective (and less invasive) alternative to surgical solutions.
- IVF can offer wide range of options especially for patients who have been affected by endometrial scarring.
- It is considered a highly effective treatment for infertility caused by Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- IVF and ICSI is also applicable when a male has a low sperm count or issues with sperm quality.
- It is also applicable when a woman's produces unhealthy eggs to carry a pregnancy. The treatment can provide a way to have a baby even when the odds are stacked against you with the help of donors or a surrogate mother.
- If patients suffer from certain kinds of genetic or for hereditary disorders pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) can be used as a specific screening process to ensure that only healthy embryos are implanted.
- LGBT couples and single women who want to have a baby may turn to IVF to have a baby on their terms and their timescale.
- Who May Not Benefit from IVF?
For women whose endometrial thickness is out of proportion may not get pregnant with this treatment. Women within the age group of 20-25 years are mostly benefited from this procedure as compared to those over the age of 37. The presence of any health condition on the part of the male partner, or abnormalities like fibroid tumors, abnormal hormone levels, ovarian dysfunction or uterine abnormalities can also result in lower chances of getting pregnant with IVF.
If you are one of the couples struggling for parenthood or facing problems for a successful pregnancy, you can approach Elawoman for all your problems and queries to have complete guidance about IVF and surrogacy. We have a team of expert professionals who can provide you one stop solution for IVF Treatment plans, IUI process, surrogacy, and different other infertility treatment plans. To get information on IVF specialists and hospitals reach us at +917899912611.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Best fertility centres in india Fertility treatment, Elawoman - 2018
- What is traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy? surrogacy, Elawoman - 2018
- All you need to know about embryo freezing embryo freezing, Elawoman - 2017
- What is icsi ICSI, Elawoman - 2017
- Things nobody tells you about donating sperm donor sperm, Elawoman - 2017
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome pcos sign and treatment PCOS, Elawoman - 2017
- Symptoms of fallopian tube blockage blocked fallopian tube, Elawoman - 2018
- How to increase sperm count and improve fertility Insufficient sperm production or function, Elawoman - 2017
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (pgd): benefits and procedure Genetic disorder, Elawoman - 2018
- What are the types of surrogacy? Surrogacy, Elawoman - 2018
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.