Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Early pregnancy symptoms generally appear after two weeks of IVF embryo transfer. The first signs of pregnancy after embryo implantation are missed period, nausea, spotting, tiredness, increased BBT, Fatigue and breasts changes.
IVF or In vitro Fertilization is one of the assisted reproductive technologies, which are available to achieve a successful pregnancy for a couple that has problems in conceiving naturally. IVF is a process that includes various steps from stimulation of ovaries to embryo transfer.
In this article, you will get to know about:
- When do symptoms start after embryo transfer?
- What are the early pregnancy symptoms after IVF embryo transfer?
- What are the highlights of early pregnancy symptoms?
After IVF embryo transfer, a patient is recommended to take two weeks rest. As two weeks is the time period in which the embryo implantation is expected to occur. The patient starts experiencing early pregnancy symptoms after her Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG) hormone begins to rise.
Note: High HCG levels have a higher rate of having twins.
Some early pregnancy symptoms after embryo implantation are:
- Nausea or morning sickness: Nausea is also known as morning sickness and it is the second most commonly reported early pregnancy symptoms. Nausea typically occurs between two to eight weeks during pregnancy. (1)
- Spotting or vaginal discharge: When the embryo implants into the uterine wall, impaired small capillaries in uterine lining may cause bleeding. This small amount of bleeding is known as spotting. However, the embryo generally implants between 6 to 12 days after conception. (1) Another reason for blood spotting is progesterone supplementation through vaginal suppositories. Whereas it can cause cervix to be extra sensitive.
- Cramping after embryo transfer: Mild cramping and pelvic discomfort are very common after embryo implantation. Cramping usually occur when the uterus expands and the ligaments and the muscles stretch to support it. (2) While it is normal to have mild to moderate cramping but if in case a patient feels severe cramping then one should contact the doctor immediately. As having severe cramping is also a sign of Ovarian Hyper stimulation Syndrome (OHSS) or Ovarian Torsion. Implantation bleeding can be caused between 10 to 14 days (week 4) after conception, as the blastocyst will implant in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus. (3)
- Frequent urination and excessive thirst: A woman may experience frequent urination and excessive thirst between 6 to 8 weeks of her pregnancy. It is because of the increasing size of the baby, which is why uterus places pressure on her bladder. (1)
- Mood swings: Moods swing is caused due to significant changes in hormone levels. As, the hormones can affect the level of neurotransmitters, which are chemicals secreted in the brain for mood regulation. Mood swings are mostly experienced during the first trimester of pregnancy between - six to ten weeks and then again in the third trimester of pregnancy. However, it is also important to note that a woman might also start experiencing depression, which is also very common. (4)
- Increased basal body temperature: The BBT (basal body temperature) is high during embryo implantation as well as it can be a way to determine pregnancy. As BBT rises at the time of ovulation due to an increase in progesterone hormone and remains elevated when implantation occurs.
Note: BBT temperature remains higher throughout the two-week wait.
- Irregular Bowels: The expanded levels of progesterone in the body make various changes in muscles function. This change in the hormonal level makes the muscles to work slowly, and thus the food may pass gently through the intestine, which can lead to irregular bowel movement or constipation. (5)
- Changes in breasts: After IVF embryo transfer, a woman may notice softness, firmness, or swelling in her breast than usual as a woman’s hormonal levels changes rapidly. (6) She may feel that her nipples are tendered with darker areolas. These changes occur due to the process of milk formation in the breasts. (7)
- Fatigue or tiredness: Fatigue or Tiredness can be another significant pregnancy symptom after embryo implantation. As it is common to feel tiredness during the early pregnancy stages. However, a woman can also feel tired because of excess hormones in the body. (8) This hormone helps the fetus to grow.
- Nasal congestion: The blood vessels in the nasal passages can increase in early pregnancy, which can lead to congestion. Nasal congestion can also occur with a cold or the flu. (9)
- Missed periods: One of the earliest and the most significant signs of pregnancy are missed period. As the medications and IVF process make quite an impact on the reproductive organs of a woman. However, when fluid builds up around the ovaries it causes bloating and pelvic tenderness. (10)
- 25 percent of women indicated that nausea was their first pregnancy symptom. (1)
- 29 percent of women surveyed by the American Pregnancy Association reported a missed period as their first pregnancy symptom. (1)
- 17 percent reported that a change in their breasts was the early symptom of pregnancy. (1)
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Pregnancy Symptoms - Medical News Today Americanpregnancy.org, 29 March 2019
- ^ Cramping During Pregnancy - American Pregnancy Americanpregnancy.org, 29 March 2019
- ^ Early Pregnancy Symptoms - Health Line Healthline.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Pregnancy Symptoms Week-By-Week During the First Trimester - Covai Post Covaipost.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Early Signs and Symptoms of First-Month Pregnancy - New Sheads Newsheads.in, 29 March 2019
- ^ Early Pregnancy Symptoms - Web MD Webmd.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Early Pregnancy Symptoms - Hari Bhoomi Haribhoomi.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Really Early Signs of Pregnancy - Times of India Timesofindia.indiatimes.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Fever and pregnancy - Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 29 March 2019
- ^ Difference Between PMS and Pregnancy Symptoms - Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 29 March 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.