Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization, along with associated technologies like ICSI, helps those suffering from infertility issues related to blocked fallopian tubes, male infertility, and PCOS or advancing age. However be also prepared for possible IVF disadvantages like Ectopic pregnancy, OHSS or twin births.
Let’s Discuss in More Detail About IVF and ICSI:-
- Why Would a Woman Require IVF Treatment?
- What Is Male Infertility?
- What Are the Advantages of IVF?
- What Are the Disadvantages of IVF?
In Vitro Fertilization is a process that several couple address after they face fertility problems. In fact, one in half a dozen couples can want some sort of fertility help in their lifetime. The procedure of IVF has many advantages for a couple with infertility issues, however, likes all medical procedures; it additionally has some disadvantages and risks. Before embarking upon an IVF cycle, it's extraordinarily necessary that a couple or individual understands what the benefits and downsides are and intrinsically, they have to determine a fertility specialist who will define the complete method for them, therefore informed selections can be made.
Like the two sides of a coin, every technology has two faces - the important face and the not-so-important face. But when it comes to bringing a new life into existence then considering advantage and disadvantage becomes all the more important. Nothing in this world is for free, so you have to take chances when you want to step ahead with something big, like getting pregnant.
It is a dream of a woman to get married and make babies with the person she loves, but her dreams are shattered when she comes to know that she cannot become a mother; that she cannot carry a child in her womb; that she cannot feel the movement of the baby when it is inside her belly. There is a flood of sad emotions and this can lead to depression. But there is nothing to lose hope as science has advanced so much that carrying a child is not a dream anymore.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a method; if defined in simple language; it is a process where the baby is "cultivated" outside the human body in a glass (vitro) and when the embryo is formed, that is transferred inside the woman's uterus. IVF has been given a boon for the woman who cannot bear a child through natural way. This can be because of many reasons.
First of all, the IVF cycle has greater chances of success and with the help of a qualified doctor; it can be done in a safe and comfortable way. So for women that face infertility due to some disoriented body functions, IVF treatment is promising enough. The reasons due to which women lose the ability to bear a child are listed below.
Damaged or Blocked Fallopian Tubes
The meaning of blocked or damaged fallopian tubes is, that when there is some kind of an obstruction in the cavity of the tube and the ovum is not able to travel through the fallopian tube, it also means that the sperm cannot enter the fallopian tube to fertilize the egg and form an embryo. This can be caused because of an infection such as sexually transmitted diseases known as Chlamydia or even due to scar tissues.
Endometriosis is a painful health condition when endometrial lining inside uterus starts growing uncontrollably. It causes periods to get heavy and painful. Women with this condition may not conceive naturally and many a time requires external assistance in the form of corrective surgery followed by IVF.
Male infertility is an important aspect that is equally responsible just as female infertility and needs proper care and treatment. Issues like low sperm count, motility and morphology impact the chances of a man to impregnate his partner. Other than this there are medical conditions like Varicoceles, Azoospermia, and many others have a role to play in making a man infertile. So, if any of these problems are detected in the husband, IVF is the best option that they can choose.
Benefits and Drawbacks of IVF
We know what a woman goes through during pregnancy and later on giving birth to a child. There are general risks involved while in a normal pregnancy, so it is obvious that if someone is going through IVF treatment then there have to be certain advantages and disadvantages.
Women with blocked fallopian tubes have the advantage of having their own egg extracted for an IVF cycle. Blocked fallopian tubes do not mean that there are no chances of having a baby; the ovum of their own can be used in IVF procedure. Older patients who want to become parents but are facing issues in conceiving due to low ovarian reserve, thin endometrium, low sperm count or motility and morphology, then IVF is the best option for them. The older women have low ovarian reserve i.e. the rate of producing ovum is very low that can lead to zero strike rate. IVF is a big benefit for such women.
- Males who have an infertility problem, can consider IVF as the best option. Nowadays, Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is available with most of the IVF centers. This technology boosts the success rate of IVF cycles. A very good idea for males who don't want to disclose their fertility status.
- There are many cases when the problem of infertility is hidden and cannot be diagnosed. There are many women who get so many tests done that even the doctors fail to realize the exact problem and they are advised IVF treatment. So patients with unknown infertility can also get benefited from IVF treatment.
- Women suffering from PCOS deal with a lot of flak from the society if they are not able to produce a child. Apart from irregular periods, and other symptoms, the pain of not bearing a child is beyond limits. PCOS is a hormonal imbalance, which leads to irregular menstrual cycles or periods. This is a problem as the ovulation period is not determined.
Like said earlier, every coin has two sides and every aspect has two faces, now let’s look at the disadvantages of IVF.
- Who doesn't love twins, but when you undergo IVF, there are good chances of multiple births Complication like having a premature baby or an underweight baby can also arise.
- There may be a risk that the baby is born with a birth defect. However, this does not happen to every other patient, there has to be a direct link between fertility treatments and birth defects.
- If you are going for an IVF treatment then you are exposed to the ectopic pregnancy. During IVF treatment, there are chances of the embryo being planted outside the uterus. This happens when the embryo is planted in the fallopian tube and starts to grow there. If any action is not taken then the growing embryo can rupture the fallopian tube.
- If you are taking fertility drugs then there will be the side effects, which are not major but rather minor like hot flashes and headaches. If you have PCOS then you have to monitor the symptoms of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS). As and when the symptoms show, you will have to cancel the treatment and wait till the over-stimulated ovaries settle down.
Apart from many advantages and disadvantages of IVF, the couples are not backing away from getting IVF treatment. To know more about IVF treatment and get complete information on its cost and doctors, get in touch with a specialist at +917899912611.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.