Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Hysteroscopy is a procedure in which the doctor looks for changes occurring inside the uterus of a female via a viewing scope called hysteroscope. This helps in proper diagnosis as well as treatment of anatomical abnormalities in the reproductive system of the female. If you have severe cramping and abnormal bleeding, you might be recommended hysteroscopy.
Hysteroscopy is a medical procedure that allows the doctor to check the status of the uterus and cervix.This helps the doctor to diagnose any kind of anatomicalabnormality. A thin tube like device with light at the end known as the hysteroscope is utilized for carrying out the procedure in a smooth manner. Hysteroscopy can be diagnostic as well as operative.In this extensive article, you will get to know the different aspects of hysteroscopy which will help you in successful progression with the procedure.
Hysteroscopy is also suggested for the patients suffering from abnormal bleeding and severe cramping. Sometimes, irregular bleeding and severe crmaping can be due to an underlying issue in the uterus such as adhesions, endometriosis, cysts etc. These issues can also cause infertility and problems in conceiving. In such cases, your doctor may ask you to undergo the hysteroscopy diagnosis as well as surgery to correct the issue which may also improve your fertility. Hysteroscopy is done by gynecologist or general surgeon.
When do I need Hysteroscopy procedure?
Hysteroscopy is usually required in case following conditions arises:
1- Excessive bleeding even after a woman has reached menopause. This is quite hazardous to the health of the woman and therefore it requires proper diagnosis and timely treatment.
2- Hysteroscopy is also required when there are symptoms of fibroids, polyps as well as scarring of the uterus.
3- There are several women who undergo permanent sterilization procedures. Once the process of sterlization is complete, hysteroscopy is done to ensure that the process of sterlization is successful as well as there are not any internal reproductive issues.
4- Hysteroscopy is also done in women who have got an Intra Uterine Device placed into the uterus. With the help of hysteroscopy, doctor will be able to ensure that the IUD is in place and functioning well .
5- In case of biopsy of the reproductive organs, it is essential to takesamples from the uterine lining for which hysteroscopy is brought to use.
6- Hysteroscopy is also carried out in cases of the women who had one or more miscarriages.
7- If you are having infertility issues or unexplained fertility then also your doctor can ask you to undergo hysteroscopy surgery.
What is the cost of the hysteroscopy procedure?
The cost of the hysteroscopy procedure is quite affordable in various cities across India. On an average, itcosts between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000. This varies with the experience of the doctor performing it, as well as location of the clinic or hospital.
What are the steps which take place in the hysteroscopy procedure?
1- Hysteroscopy is done in the surgical centres or hospitals. It is preferred when emdometrium lining is thin. It is usually done after 6-12 days of menstrual cycle.
2- The procedure of hysteroscopy involves certain specific steps which are needed to be performed in a right manner.
3- Before starting the procedure anesthesia or medication is given to the patient, so that she does not experience pain throughout the process.
3- Prior to inserting the hysteroscope into the uterus, cervix is dilated to ensure smooth passage for the hysteroscope into the uterus.
4- Speculum is a tool which is used to keep the vagina open. It is used to ensure that there is easy access in the cervical area.
5- After this, the hysteroscope is inserted through the vagina, into the cervix and then into the uterus. This helps to have a clear view and access of the reproductive parts which are to be analyzed.
6- Usually carbon dioxide gas or liquid solution is passed into the uterus through the hysteroscope. Carbon dioxide helps in widening the uterus to an appreciable extent which thereby eases the visuality of the respective areas. At times, a biocompatible liquid is also used whichserves the same purpose in the procedure.
7- The camera and light at the end portion of the tube help in proper vision of the reproductive parts of the woman. This makes the doctor perform the required procedure in an improved manner.
8- If the doctor is performing diagnostic hysteroscopy and finds some abnormality, then he should perform operative hysteroscopy to correct any issues in the reproductive system.
You need to know that if required you doctor will also introduceother devices like scissors, graspers, or biopsy instruments to cut or shave off tissue from the reproductive partsof the woman at the time of procedure. This will be done with the help ofhysteroscope tube.
What happens after the procedure?
- It is normal to experience light vaginal bleeding and some cramping following the procedure. In most cases, a woman may return to normal activities almost immediately.
- You need to ensure that you take sufficient amount of rest right after the completion of the procedure. If the procedure was done with the assistance of general anesthesia, then you will be advised to stay in the hospital itself.
- You can face some kind of difficulty in your stomach, especially gastric problems. But you need not worry as this discomfort will resolve itself within a few weeks time period. If required medications will be prescribed for the gastric problems as well as for pain, right after the completion of the procedure.
- You will be discharged from the hospital either on the same day or the next day following the treatment. While going back home, it is highly recommended that you adopt a proper lifestyle and ask your concerned doctor for some advices to follow at home.
- It is usually advised not to have intercourse for at least 3 days after the procedure.
- Based on the results of the hysteroscopy, your doctors can also advice you for further treatment. This will help you to get your reproductive system problems treated before its too late.
How to get prepared for the hysteroscopy procedure?
- Before the commencement of the hysteroscopy procedure, you need to consult with your doctor and ensure that you are taking the right precautions for the recommended duration for a successful hysteroscopy procedure.
- If your doctor has advised for a general anesthesia assisted procedure, then you need to stop consumption of food at least few hours before starting the procedure. If your doctor has informed that your case does not require general anesthesia, then you can consume food based on the advice of the doctor.
- If required, your doctor can also prescribe you some antibiotics, thus helping the body in healing internally. This will also ensure that you do not face any kind of issues during, or afterthe successful completion of the procedure.
What are the risks associated with hysteroscopy procedure?
Like every other medical procedure, hysteroscopy also has certain risks, which are pre-informed to the patients to encourage transparency between them and the doctor. This also ensures that the patients do not face any kind of negative surprises after the completion of procedure.
- Certain individuals can face problems from general anesthesia injected at the time of the procedure. Therefore, doctors recommend general anesthesia only when the case requires.
- Infection is one of the common risks which patients undergoing hysteroscopy usually face. This can be prevented with proper precautions. Therefore, it is recommended that you get the procedure done at a standard hospital.
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease can also occur in the patients. This occurs quite rarely in the recent times. But still there are chances of this disease occurring inthe patients.
- The nearby organs can also be damaged at the time of hysteroscopy. These include bladder, ovaries or bowel. Therefore, proper care is taken to avoid these complications to a maximum extent.
If you face any of these complications, then you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Thus, hysteroscopy is a useful procedure which helps in detecting any medical problems related to the anatomy of uterus. This plays a crucial role in preventing progression of any reproductive part disease or negative changes in the long run. If your doctor suggests you to undergo the procedure, then you should get it done as soon as possible without any delay.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.