Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
IVF treatment is performed to increase the chance of a woman to get pregnant. Factors affecting IVF success rates include age, previous pregnancy records, type of infertility problem, quality of donor eggs, and lifestyle. IVF process has high success rates if the patient is less than 35 years.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About IVF Success Factors:
- Age of the Couple
- Previous Pregnancy Records
- The Type of Fertility Problems you are Diagnosed with
- Use of Donor Eggs
- Your Lifestyle and Daily Habits
- The Type of Clinic you Choose for IVF Treatment
- Experience and Qualification of the Embryologist
- Air Quality During the Process
- Temperature and Light
It is evident that IVF involves a great amount of emotional and physical stress for a couple hence it becomes important for one to have top-to-toe information not just about the procedure but crucial factors connected to it. The considerable emotional, physical and financial burden associated with infertility treatment in general and with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in specific, demand that factors known to affect outcome be identified and regulated prior to initiating the treatment. (1)
This article addresses the factors which are responsible in determining the IVF success rate. Below mentioned factors are very important in evaluating the final success of IVF treatment.
- Egg and embryo Quality
- Receptivity of the Uterus
- Embryo Transfer (The “Rate Limiting” Technical Step)
Each of these factors are outlined in detail below:
The most beautiful and precious thing for the people in this whole world is their child. If we practically look at things, then the process of having a baby may seem quite easier. As it takes two heterosexual people to need to copulate that would simultaneously result in a fertilized egg. But this simple process is the hardest thing to achieve for some disadvantaged people. Some people face enormous difficulties in conceiving a child or some may have an infertile partner. Looking at the history, initially, we were not much advanced and didn’t have much resources and knowledge to treat these issues. But as technology is advancing day by day, things are taking a turn and we now live in a modern era that has a solution for almost everything. (2) (3)
With the development in medical science, doctors and scientists have invented many treatments that do not include physical intercourse between men and women to fertilize an egg. One of these treatments is In Vitro Fertilization, also known as IVF or Test Tube Baby. (4) But some people are either confused or hesitate to avail these services because they have fears and doubts like what if this treatment didn’t work out? What if this treatment is not safe? Here are some major factors that affect the success rate of IVF treatment:
If you are planning to get IVF treatment then you should first consider your age. Using your own eggs is an important thing in IVF treatment. According to sources and international research reports, younger women with good eggs in terms of quality and quantity showed higher success rates whereas in older women low quality and fewer eggs reduced the chances of a successful IVF treatment. Women who were under 35 and started an IVF cycle, out of them, 40 percent gave birth to a healthy baby. Additionally, in older women with age over or above 42, the success rate was only 4 percent. (5)
If you had been pregnant before and it was with the same partner, who will be going under IVF treatment, then the chances of your IVF success rates are higher. Factors including recurrent miscarriages or a different partner may result in lower success rate.
There are also some cases in which few male infertility issues do impact IVF success rates. For example, exposure to fibroid tumors or DES and uterine abnormalities may also lead to decreased IVF success rates. IVF success factors are majorly dependant on ovulation. Some ovarian dysfunctions including FSH levels that indicate very low ovarian reserve might lower the chances of IVF success rate. If you have been infertile for a long time then it may also reduce the chances of IVF success, whereas if the amount of time for which a couple has been infertile is not much, then the chances of IVF success are higher. (6)
Patients who are in their advancing age can have a depleting ovarian reserve and quality of eggs. It is observed that those opting for donor eggs are at higher chances of having a successful IVF cycle when compared to those who use self eggs. (7)
If you want to improve the chances of having a baby then you should stop smoking and drink right away. Women need to stop these habits at least 3-4 months before they start with IVF treatment. People who smoke a lot need a higher dosage of fertility drugs for stimulating their ovaries.
- Those who smoke regularly have lower implantation rates compared to non-smokers.
- Women who consume excessive alcohol may need more than one IVF cycle and they can also experience failed fertilization cycles.
- Women who are overweight or obese also have increased chances of miscarriage and infertility.
- Women who are underweight also have low chances of IVF success. To increase the chances of pregnancy you need to maintain an ideal weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle which means daily workouts and proper intake of fruits, vegetables, nuts and cereals.
If you do not want to risk the chances of your IVF success rate then you should review the IVF centers on the basis of these factors (8):
- The reputation, experience of other couples with the IVF clinic and its staff
- Live birth rate per IVF cycles
- The ratio of patients who are pregnant with multiple children
- The laboratory that is used by the clinic to perform IVF treatment and the qualification and experience of their staff
An embryologist is a specialist who is responsible for the preparation of the gametes (sperms and ova) for the process of fertilization. He is the one who monitors the developing embryos obtained after fertilization. He also carries out certain additional sophisticated procedures like Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or Testicular Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (TESA) or assisted hatching for achieving better results. An embryologist with great experience and high qualification will have the expertise to perform these processes with perfection. (10)
The air inside the laboratory has to be pure and free from any kind of microorganisms like fungi or bacteria as it can threaten the growing embryos. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units that have charcoal filters, as well as high-efficiency particulate (HEPA) air filters, are a must to provide the high-quality air in the room. (9)
Temperature and light have a special role during the initial stages of the embryo development where ideal temperature condition and filtering away of ultraviolet rays are important to ensure safety from the damage. (10)
IVF is a significant decision of a couple’s life that has the potential of bringing a life-changing turn in their lives. Not only money-wise, but it is an investment that cost them at every level hence one must be well-prepared and informed about the success factors to enhance their chances to the best.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ In Vitro Fertilisation | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) | American Pregnancy Association Americanpregnancy.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): Risks, Success Rate, Procedure, Results Webmd.com, 21 August 2019
- ^ Increased Infertility with Age in Men and Women Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 21 August 2019
- ^ Female Infertility - Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ Donor Eggs | American Pregnancy Association Americanpregnancy.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ How to the Best Fertility Clinic for You | Verywell Family Verywellfamily.com, 21 August 2019
- ^ Air Quality - The Environmental Literacy Council Enviroliteracy.org, 21 August 2019
- ^ The Chances for IVF Pregnancy Success | Verywell Family Verywellfamily.com, 21 August 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.