IUI treatment or IUI procedure can be very effective. Checkout things you should keep in mind after IUIprocedure or treatment for iui success rates and to conceive
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is the process of inserting concentrated sperm directly into the uterus long after ovulation. The reason of this is to bring the sperm and the egg together in closer proximity to enhance a woman’s chance of getting pregnant. It can be utilized either as a stand-alone infertility option or in conjunction with infertility medications. To make your IUI treatment or IUI procedure a success, you need to be very careful with your health as many things affects your iui success rate. While IUI can be very effective, there are a couple of things you can do afterward to help ensure the best possible outcome. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind after your IUI procedure to conceive successfully:
- Lie Down: To make sure that the sperm that is deposited goes inside the uterus, the patient is encouraged to lie down for about 20 to 30 minutes. Though the cervix almost immediately closes after the IUI procedure, lying down is quite comforting and beneficial for the success of IUI procedure and to conceive positively.
- Back to Normal Life: Returning to usual activities after the IUI procedure on the very same day is not a problem. You can start working, exercising if you are comfortable with it.
- Take Rest: Though there is no need for bed rest, travel restrictions or diet maintenance after IUI procedure, however, if you feel the need to rest or if you feel uncomfortable following an IUI procedure, you can take some rest for a few days.
- Avoid sex: There is no restriction in having sexual intercourse right after the IUI procedure. In fact, it will only aid in the process and its positive outcome. However, in case there is a bleeding while conducting the process, you need to prohibit from having intercourse for about 48 hours as it may hinder the chances of getting pregnant.To make your IUI treatment or IUI procedure a success, you need to be very careful with your health as many things affects your iui success rate.
- Avoid pain relief: Even if there is pain or cramping felt after the process, avoid taking any kind of NSAIDs or pain relieving medicine like ibuprofen. Rather, consult your fertility physician.
- Be Patient: Do not panic about the pregnancy and wait for about two weeks, before taking the test. This is because the implantation of the embryo takes a few days after the ovulation has occurred. Moreover, the increase in the levels of hormones again takes a few days and only when the hormone levels have changed you will get an exact result. Doing the test early may give wrong results.
- Avoid Swimming: Though there has been no evidence of swimming interfering in the IUI process, still, it is a good idea to avoid swimming for 48 hours, after the IUI procedure. To make your IUI treatment or IUI procedure a success, you need to be very careful with your health as many things affects your iui success rate.
- Tenderness In Breasts: There are possibilities of misunderstanding the symptoms that are experienced during normal menstruation and can also be experienced during the early stage of pregnancy as well. Tenderness and swelling in the breasts is one such symptom of getting pregnant. The breasts feel sensitive, heavy and sore and if this feeling persists when the period is late, it is advisable to take a pregnancy test, you might conceive. To make your IUI treatment or IUI procedure a success, you need to be very careful with your health as many things affects your iui success rate.