Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Taxim O Tablet 100 mg is used in infections of skin, urinary tract, bacterial septicaemia, and gonococcal infections. Taxim O Tablet side effects are prolonged fever, abdominal pain, discomfort in urination, dizziness, and appetite loss. It is safe to use Taxim O Tablet during pregnancy.
Let’s Discuss in More About Taxim O Tablet - Composition, Usage, Benefits and Side effects:
- What is Taxim O Tablet?
- Taxim O Tablet 200 mg - Composition?
- Taxim O Tablet 200 mg - Dosage?
- Taxim O Tablet 200 mg - Drug Category?
- Taxim O Tablet Uses?
- How Does Taxim O Work?
- Taxim O Tablet- Precautions?
- Taxim O Tablet- Side effects?
- Taxim O 200 Tablet during Pregnancy?
- Taxim o tablet Frequently Asked Questions?
Taxim O Tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections in the body including infections such as Rectal Area Infections, Gonorrhea (a type of Sexually Transmitted Disease), ear infection, throat infection, tonsils infection, Bronchitis infection and Urinary Tract Infection. However, it is to be noted that, Taxim O Tablet does not cure viral infections such as flu and common cold. Taxim O tablet is manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Know all about Taxim O tablets, its composition, usage, benefits, dosage, and side effects. Also know how beneficial is Taxim O 200 tablet during Gonorrhea and Septicemia.
Taxim O Tablet 200 mg - Composition & Dosage Information
Taxim O Tablet is composed of Cefixime as an active ingredient, which is also known as Cephalosporin antibiotic- used for stopping bacterial growth by destroying the bacterial cells. Taxim O Tablet is taken orally. You can either swallow or chew it.
Taxim O Tablet comes in 200 mg dosage. It is suitable for children, adults and old people due to its mild nature.
- For adults, Taxim O 200 mg tablet is suggested twice a day (at 12-hour interval) after meal. It needs to be taken for 5 days to get complete cure from the bacterial infection.
- Whereas for children, the dosage is kept once a day.
- In case of overdose, visit your nearby healthcare provider immediately without any delay.
However, Taxim O medicine does not fall in the category of OTC (Over-the-counter) drugs and one cannot and should not purchase it without a prescription to avoid the risks of any damaging side-effects. Taxim O works best when it is prescribed by your medical health professional.
Taxim O Tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections such as:
- Gonococcal Infection: Gonococcal infection or Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease caused by bacteria named Neisseria Gonorrhea. To treat this condition, Taxim O is suggested. Gonococcal seriously impacts fertility and should be cured at the earliest.
- Bacterial Septicemia: Septicemia is a blood infection caused by Bacteria-Staphylococci and Streptococcus Pyogenes. It can be cured by the regular intake of Taxim O 200 tablets.
- Infection in the skin: Various infections in the wound, which is caused by bacteria, can also be healed through Taxim O Tablet.
- Infection in the Urinary Tract: Infections in the urinary tract, which are mostly caused, by E.Coli, Enterococci, Klebsiella Pneumoniae can be treated with Taxim O Tablets.
- Infection in the Respiratory Tract: Infections in the respiratory areas such as Bronhitis, Tonsilitis, Pharyngitis are treated by Taxim O 200 mg.
Sometimes, Your Doctor may prescribe Taxim O Tablets for the reasons not listed above depending upon your medical condition.
Taxim O 200 mg is an antibiotic and it works by stopping the growth of bacteria in the body due to an infection. Apart from stopping the growth, it also kills the bacteria. Hence, helping the patient in recovering from the bacterial infection.
There are certain things one should keep in mind before consuming Taxim O Tablets:
1. Taxim O Tablets cannot cure viral infections. It is always recommended to get your condition diagnosed through a blood test whether it is a bacterial infection or a viral one. Taxim O Tablets only work in bacterial infection and will not help in curing viral infections.
2. Taxim O Tablets are not suggested to consume when you have the habit of regularly consuming alcohol. It may lead to mild-adverse side effects depending on your body mechanism.
3. Taxim O Tablets are not prescribed to people with serious kidney and liver issues. In case you have a bacterial infection in kidney or liver or both, you can consult your doctor for the dosage suggestion.
Taxim O Tablets can cause some normal to mild side effects even the dosage is mild. Please rush to your nearest health centre/medical care provider in case you experience some side effects such as:
- Fever for a prolonged period
- Chest and abdominal pain
- Discomfort in urination
- Diarrhea with black stool
- Nausea, Vomiting and Dizziness
- Sore throat and ear
- Rash and swellings on the facial area, hands and feet
- Bloating and acidity
- Appetite loss
- Severe headache
Substitutes of Taxim O 200 MG
- Powercef O 200 MG Tablet by Wockhardt Ltd
- Nurocef 200 MG Tablet by Neuron Pharma (P) Ltd
- Cifadin 200 MG Tablet by Alembic Ltd
- Claforan O 200 MG Tablet by Sanofi India Ltd
- Skifi 200 MG Tablet by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
Due to the surge of various hormones during pregnancy, pregnant women are often vulnerable to various infections in the throat, skin and in vaginal area. However, it is always better to trust your immune system first to naturally kill the bacteria in case the infection is not severe. But, if you find discomfort for more than a day due to some bacterial infection, Taxim O 200 Tablet is safe to use during pregnancy. Again, consultation with your Ob-Gyn is always recommended before consuming this medicine.
1. Age Limit for Taxim O tablet
Children below 12 years of age shall not be given this medicine. Adults can have taxim O tablet on doctor’s advice provided they do not have kidney or liver problems.
2. Onset of Action and Duration of Effect
Taxim o starts its function within 2-3 hours of its intake and its duration lasts for 16-18 hours. An adult can have two doses in a day with an interval of 12 hours.
3. Taxim o during breastfeeding
Taxim o tablet can be taken during breastfeeding. It is not known to cause any harmful effects to the child because only a minimal amount of drug is released into the milk ducts. But still the child should be observed for diarrhea or any other problems.
4. Price of taxim O
One strip of taxim o contains 10 tablets costing Rs. 125.60.
5. Expiry of taxim O
Always check the expiry date while purchasing or consuming the tablet. Expired tablets may not result in expected results.
6. Countries where taxim O is approved
Taxim o tablets are available in the below mentioned countries on doctor’s prescription.
- United States of America
Hope this article has been able to resolve your queries on Taxim O Tablets. Follow Elawoman blog to get regular updates on fertility health and treatments.
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.