Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most common sexual ailments found in men. The most prominent symptom of erectile dysfunction is a mans disability to maintain the erection of their penis during the entire period of a sexual intercourse. This also leads to decreased sex libido for such men. Psychological factors, diabetes, high cholesterol and medications such as ibuprofen are among the common causes of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction is also known as impotence, which makes it difficult for a man to keep penis erection during intercourse. This makes it impossible for a man to enjoy his sexual life. The number of cases of erectile dysfunction in males is on the rise because of adoption of unhealthy lifestyle. Males having erectile dysfunction are observed to have less confidence in them, which is quite obvious because they can’t have a happy sex life. But, it is quite important to deal with erectile dysfunction in a positive way. Otherwise, one can go into deep depression and stress. Whenever you find yourself with erectile dysfunction symptoms, visit your andrologist and find the right solution for your problem. It is always recommended to get erectile dysfunction treated as soon as you are diagnosed with it, thus inhibiting further progression. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by both physical and psychological factors. In this article, we will discuss in detail about erectile dysfunction, its causes, symptoms and treatments.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a condition in males in which penis erection gets difficult at the time of the intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common types of sexual disorder prevalent in males. One can have erectile dysfunction occasionally due to stress or other temporary factors but when a man faces erection problems on a regular basis, then it’s a serious matter of concern, which requires immediate attention as well as treatment.
What are the symptoms of erectile dysfunction?
There are certain symptoms of erectile dysfunction discussed below that can be traced in a person suffering from it:
- There is an erection problem on a regular basis at the time of intercourse.
- It takes too long for the erection to happen successfully.
- It takes a lot of time to keep up with the erected penis at the time of intercourse.
- One of the common symptoms of erectile dysfunction is that the man feels disinterested in regular sexual intercourse.
- Couples also face difficulty in conceiving because the male partner is not able to keep his penis erect during sex.
When should you go and consult your doctor?
Most of the men feel shy and discomfort when sharing about having erectile dysfunction disorder. But, it is essential that you get a clear picture of the different aspects of your case and prevent any kind of progression into a condition which is non treatable in the later stages.
You need to take an appointment with your gynecologist, if you are facing the following issues:
- You are feeling low and do not have the desire of engaging in any kind of sexual activity even after sensual arousal by your partner.
- You have diabetes, heart diseases or any kind of health condition, which makes you feel less energized or less willing to get into regular sexual intercourse.
- You have found some new symptoms along with the presence of the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction disorder?
The onset of erectile dysfunction depends on various factors like age, general health as well as the workload or stress. The erection is dependent on different organs of the body, which include brain, hormones, nerves, muscles as well as blood vessels. The specific cause of erectile dysfunction should be found out with the aid of proper diagnosis to follow the exact course of treatment.
Here are some of the important causes of erectile dysfunction:
Consumption of drugs
Most of the individuals turn to self-medication, which can be harmful. Increased consumption of the drugs even for minor health issues can have adverse effects on the body. It can also lead to erectile dysfunction disorder. Some of the common drugs that can cause erectile dysfunction if taken in larger quantity include antidepressants, antihistamines as well as antiarrhythmic. During one scientific research, it was found that overconsumption of ibuprofen tablet is linked to male infertility.
Erectile dysfunction occurs to a great extent due to various psychological factors like depression, stress and anxiety. This cause leads to the occurrence of the erectile dysfunction in 10 – 20% of all the cases. If psychological factors are controlled in a positive way then the symptoms of erectile dysfunction went away on its own.
Lifestyle of the individual
In modern times, the lifestyle of the individual is also responsible for the occurrence of erectile dysfunction to an appreciable extent. A lifestyle with poor eating and sleeping habits will affect fertility levels and normal erection in an individual.
In today’s time, people suffer from one or the other health disorders. The most common health conditions include diabetes mellitus, heart problems as well as other internal problems. These conditions also make it difficult to maintain a healthy sex life by causing problems of ejaculatory disorders. It is found that around 35%-75% of the diabetic patients suffer from some kind of erectile dysfunction.
Yes. You heard that right. Health conditions like atherosclerosis (narrowing of arteries) increases the chances of the occurrence of erectile dysfunction. You can get atherosclerosis treated on time in order to avoid the development of erectile dysfunction.
Prostate cancer treatment
One of the commonly treated cancers in men is prostate gland cancer. Treatment of the prostate cancers can lead to the occurrence of erectile dysfunction in men. Therefore, proper precautions must be taken at the time of the treatment of prostate cancer to prevent the occurrence of erectile dysfunction.
Blood vessel problems
Vascular diseases are the disorders, which occur due to the problems in blood vessels. These vascular diseases mainly affect the brain, heart and kidneys. Having blood vessel disorders indirectly leads to erectile dysfunction problems.
Hormonal imbalance can also cause erectile dysfunction. If reproductive hormones such as testosterone levels are deficient in man’s body then problems of infertility and erectile dysfunction arise.
Some of the other common causes of erectile dysfunction include
- Peyronie’s disease (development of scar tissue inside the penis)
- Alcohol usage on a regular basis
- Sleep disorders
- Pelvic area disorders
- Metabolic syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease (a Neurodegenerative disorder in which a person loses his motor skills)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
There are some psychological disorders also which play a crucial role in giving rise to erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Relationship stress such as communication problems
With age, the capacity of the male sex organ to attain an erection keeps on reducing. Therefore, as your age advances, you can consult your doctor to find a suitable medical solution to keep an erection during sex. Every health problem can be solved in the best possible way. It’s just that you need to make sure that the disorder is recognized well in time.
So, you can see that there are numerous causes, which can lead to the occurrence of the erection dysfunction in men.
Treatment of Erectile dysfunction disorder
- Oral Medications: You can start taking oral medications course such as sildenafil and taladafil to improve your erection on the advice of your doctor.
- Lifestyle Changes: Try to bring positive changes in your lifestyle such as avoiding alcohol and smoking, adopting healthy eating habits and performing moderate exercise.
- Adequate Sleep:Get an adequate amount of sleep so that your whole body is repaired and you do not feel lethargic throughout the day.
You will be surprised to know that inadequate sleep or improper sleep pattern impacts male fertility in a significant manner.
- Yoga: Yoga can also cure erectile dysfunction. You can perform some of the yoga postures such asSiddhasana, Pavanamuktasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana,Garudasana andShavasana. To know more about these yoga postures and how they help in erectile dysfunction cure, please explore our article on yoga for erectile dysfunction.
Thus, now you are aware of the symptoms, causes and treatment of erectile dysfunction, which need to be considered if you are experiencing the same issue. It is essential that you develop a positive mindset towards the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
If you are having problems with erection even after the treatment, then you may need fertility treatment to conceive your baby. Apart from erectile dysfunction, a male can also have other ejaculatory disorders, which requires immediate attention and treatment.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Male ejaculation disorders and treatments erectile dysfunction, Elawoman - 2018
- Ibuprofen linked to male infertility ibuprofen tablet is linked to male infertility, Elawoman - 2018
- Ime 9 tablets - composition, usage and benefits diabetes mellitus, Elawoman - 2017
- Drinking alcohol and trying to conceive Alcohol usage on a regular basis, Elawoman - 2017
- How sleep affects sperm count? Sleep disorders, Elawoman - 2017
- How sleep affects sperm count and male fertility improper sleep pattern impacts male fertility, Elawoman - 2017
- Yoga for erectile dysfunction yoga for erectile dysfunction, Elawoman - 2018
- Treatments used for infertility issues in couples fertility treatment, Elawoman - 2017
- Male ejaculation disorders and treatments ejaculatory disorders, Elawoman - 2018
- Manforce 50 mg tablet uses, substitutes and composition Manforce 50 MG Tablet Uses, Substitutes and Composition, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.